Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Surf Noir said:

these titles are actually amazing :wowcry: 

With the way I guessed the Grandfather title out of nowhere, I'm bookmarking these titles for LDR10 & LDR11 :air:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The track list is not ugly, some of you just want to sanitise it because you can’t accept its corny, unbalanced nature… and I wanna say that’s ok, but it’s not, it’s mostly kind of boring. You want tidy, pretty Taylor swift titles in a sprawling fuckless Lana album

naming a song after its most repeated lyric or most prominent theme is not the only way to name a song! 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

5 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

We already have DNC as Jack Antoffon albums DYK,NFR,COCC

your mind is so powerful….

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Kintsugi is giving Japanese minimalism, so the bare piano makes sense. The whispering/"barely opens her lips" thing brings the first chorus of Blue Banisters to mind. And it's slower than Change. It sounds like a very idiosyncratic track, actually. Anyway, @Kintsugi picked that one for their username and said that it's the best song ever, so I'm hoping for the best. :hooker:

Peppers, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF and Let the Light In are the real head-scratchers though. I don't know what to expect from these songs sonically. I assume that Let the Light In must be orchestral/jazzy, and Peppers must be vibey like Fishtail and Taco Truck. But you never know with Lana, lol. I have no idea about the Grandfather track at all. 

agree and I def trust their taste bc they seem like a genuine fan of Lanas music/ appreciates her artistry and evolution. 

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Taco Truck has a similar alliteration as Chemtrails Over The Country Club and Blue Banisters so we're lucky it isn't the album title :thumb2:

I love it as a track title, but I think I would have unstanned :toofunny:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i absolutely love the tracklist :hooker: i think its so fun and different. i cant wait to see what each song sounds like. 

before we knew the tracklist, didnt someone say the closer was amazing? now that we know its called taco truck x vb, im especially interested in how it sounds

2 minutes ago, theviolence said:

The track list is not ugly, some of you just want to sanitise it because you can’t accept its corny, unbalanced nature… and I wanna say that’s ok, but it’s not, it’s mostly kind of boring. You want tidy, pretty Taylor swift titles in a sprawling fuckless Lana album

naming a song after its most repeated lyric or most prominent theme is not the only way to name a song! 

i mean, to me i don’t really care if it’s even mentioned in the song.. like ‘tulsa jesus freak’ for example, ‘yosemite’, in ‘textbook’ it was only mentioned at the beginning, ‘ww’ wasn’t actually said together but it just works and it’s a PRETTY title.. 

i could mention more songs but you get my gist. this tracklist is just kind of.. i don’t know because i don’t want to call it ugly but i just don’t like the title names..

im not saying she needs ‘taylor swift’ esque titles but maybe it will make more sense in the album’s context. one very prominent thing about lana has always been her pretty title names, they always had a certain aesthetic to them, and sometimes i can visualize with the track’s name. but these songs? 

obviously i can visualize like the grandfather song.. but like.. peppers? and taco truck? (i love taco truck i think it’s cute but it’s not a pretty title). i don’t know it’s just my personal opinion. i like pretty song titles, sorry:icant:

9 minutes ago, Blossom said:

What do we think Peppers is gonna be about?

I have nothing to go off so I though I'd look up what peppers symbolise, if anything at all & I found this

"Very similar to the evil eye, the good luck charm that is believed to protect its bearer from the envy and harmful intent of others, is the red chili pepper. In Italy, this traditional charm is thought to prevent the hurtful gossip of envious tongues, while also attracting good fortune to its owners."

maybe its something to do w that  :giggle: but i have no fvcking clue 

I bet Peppers will just be a random part of a lyric in the track, not a prominent chorus or symbolysm. 

Something like "You told me you don't love me while we were cutting peppers in your pantry kitchen, so I could pretend the tears were not because of you"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!