Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, luminom said:

hey im not up to date on the tea, do we know anything about this album sonically yet? ik it will be lots of storytelling and family stuff but has anyone spilled something on the actual production of the songs? 

Kintsugi is a 6:18 track of her singing over a bare piano, BoZ described her singing style as "barely opening her mouth" he doesn't seem to like it much. Slower than "Change."

A&W starts with an angry acoustic guitar, but by the end of the track, there's a dirty trap beat 

Orchestras on at least four tracks (her thank you note)

Much more varied production, instrumentation, and effort compared to her previous two records. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Kintsugi is a 6:18 track of her singing over a bare piano, BoZ described her singing style as "barely opening her mouth" he doesn't seem to like it much

A&W starts with an angry acoustic guitar, but by the end of the track, there's a dirty trap beat 

Orchestras on at least four tracks (her thank you note)

Much more varied production, instrumentation, and effort compared to her previous two records. 

tysm! 

excited for A&W obviously because of the title and the orchestral songs too! 

'kintusgi' could be something like 'hope is a dangerous thing' where if the lyrics are rlly interesting it will make up for the bare production

Wy8jf2U.jpg

40 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

question, just hypothetical because i’m curious how people here think—would you rather have ONE high budget music video for this era, and that’s the only visual we get period, or would you rather not have a high budget video, but get a homemade music video for every song on the album?

One high-budget video. Home videos, unless very well executed (looking at you pawn shop blues) don’t add anything to me

Just now, luminom said:

tysm! 

excited for A&W obviously because of the title and the orchestral songs too! 

'kintusgi' could be something like 'hope is a dangerous thing' where if the lyrics are rlly interesting it will make up for the bare production

No problem! I think Kintsugi will be great, but very very polarizing in the fanbase lol 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i dont want homemade unless it's an old style one spliced with old footage she's compiled. if it's four and a half minutes of her wandering around her garden i'm alright lucci.gif

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

15 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

It has to be. It's weird thay they had a full photoshoot in the bedroom and then 2 lone pictures in a parking lot (?).

And I think someone said it's from a different day so more proof that it's for something :brows:

Right!!!

We know she's too lazy to shoot JUST for a single cover

It has to be something

If not from the mv. Then album trailer maybe :gurl:

No it's true. It's true :true:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

Wasn't Kitsungi sort of described as a "lullaby", too? 

Regardless, I think Kitsungi is going to be one for the ~real ones~. 

It's gotta be special if she's tossing a 6 minute track into the absolute center of the album. 

And re: LMLYLAW - I think it would have received much more love if it weren't released as the first single. But I still love it. Such a peaceful, romantic song.

do u guys think  Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep-sea fishing is going to be upbeat-ish? I didn't think it would be, but I'm surprised BOZ likes it sm considering his usual taste

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

Wasn't Kitsungi sort of described as a "lullaby", too? 

Regardless, I think Kitsungi is going to be one for the ~real ones~. 

It's gotta be special if she's tossing a 6 minute track into the absolute center of the album. 

And re: LMLYLAW - I think it would have received much more love if it weren't released as the first single. But I still love it. Such a peaceful, romantic song.

I think BoZ did call it a lullaby, but he was making fun of it, insinuating that it puts him to sleep lol

Just now, Fingertips said:

I think BoZ did call it a lullaby, but he was making fun of it, insinuating that it puts him to sleep lol

idk, he also said "Change" is more lively, and faster, than Kintsugi so I have a feeling his description is accurate 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, ruined said:

The way this is from fingertips mv in my pure delusions

Why?

Blame @Fingertips :eartha2:

I'm just so powerful! First, I'm a psychic. Second, I'm a manifester :oprah3: