Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

lemme just say that it's all her but im so fuckin proud of her. like wtf wth. getting emotional from her progression from watching the ride monologue to now. wow, who knew this woman's monologue about wanting freedom and adventure and finding comfort in the unconventional, it warms the heart in the strangest ways personally relative or maybe not so. 

UV/Honeymoon

so the thread's quiet and thought itd be nice for some kind of tracklist reflection.

no research etc. but intuitively what i sense.

the grants, textbook, an intro to her pack. family heirlooms vibes 
tunnel, topics of identity, communication, change, sex, death transformation. 
sweet, i pray your life is sweet u fucker, damn u, sweet like cinnamon, perhaps sweetness that fizzles into..? 
aw- american whore, love that it's 7 min long. hoping for some kind of spoken vocals at the back. 

judah smith, maybe a conversation? i think it's interesting bc the tunnel single cover kinda gives cult leader vibes already, so maybe that's a hint of the theme of religion, and how it can be like a steering wheel, but it also depends on how u drive. 

candy necklace. gives cinnamon girl vibes don't really wanna guess so much about it now 
jon batiste, still dk, u guys seem to talk good of him so hey, maybe some kind of enlightening moment that pulls her back up. 
kintsugi, hope that she actually doesn't make a chorus of the word so much, or even say it at all. i think it'd be nice if it was subtly infused about the song bc the theme's beautiful, aside from it being japanese. said bc she's known to be very american so the leap feels a bit farther than her perceived atmosphere/ world reach(?)
fingertips, was this rockafella? 

paris texas, already a film, thinking about how the movie's theme's'll meld w her perspective. probably a coming back to herself moment. 

grandfather, sounds like a very caring title. if i were to guess deeper, it might be a song that's dedicated/ reflective of keeping her family/ loved ones safe, and how that might be metaphoric of her own safety bc she finds comfort w him. 

let the light in, right off the bat, light, but also perhaps about clarity, intuition, new life, and being able to move past subconscious patterns of the past. 

really dk about margaret. bbs? 
fishtail gives beautiful vibes. i like it, but i know people find the song dramatic/ like a loose curtain so w/e. hope it feels a little more wondrous. though the placement gives me redemption MPG vibes 
peppers... hope there's a lot of fire. hope it feels like a sting on a wound/ cut. 

taco truck. i'd personally just ROFL if it was venice mixed differently to give off a very present ambiance. or rather a continuation from venice's bridge and outro. it'd be a dream. i wonder if the song'll be some kind of vulgar to be decoded. 

UV/Honeymoon

wait what happened idk if the mods are on so my message wont be approved but did the album leak actually??? or are insiders just talking about the tracks

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

3 hours ago, imasadboy said:

Was there ever an era of Lana when she gave us just one single before the album release?

Nope. So this era can’t be it. :true:

By the way, she had no right to show us the titty cover, hint it was for a boxset and then disappear, without a preorder. :paris: 

2 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

wait what happened idk if the mods are on so my message wont be approved but did the album leak actually??? or are insiders just talking about the tracks

insiders are talking about the tracks

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I get so hyped every time I think about this album there really just is no artist like Lana, truly a once in a lifetime artist and definitely the artist of my lifetime. :wub:

8V7Yvel.png

On 1/18/2023 at 4:57 PM, MrFameKills said:

reminder that jack antonoff is literally going to jail for scamming artists :lmao:

and that's without taking into account the human remains they discovered in his apartment 

judge-shocked.gif 

I know this is not related to Tunnel but she’s referencing SQ so

Spoiler

Her team removed every Serene Queen video on YT. The same thing happened with Architecture and a few years later it was released with Norman :blush3: let’s be delusional

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Grandfather Please Let The Light In While Standing With Your Fingertips On The Shoulders  Of My Father While He's Deep Sea Fishing With Jon Batiste For Fishtails In The Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd In Paris, Texas - Eating Sweet Pepper Flavored Tacos Out Of A Kintsugi Fixed Bowl With The Grants, Margaret & Juda Smith At The Taco Truck × VB × A&W :true:

Spoiler

GPLTLIWSWYFOTSOMFWHDSFFFITTUOBIPT - ESPFTOOAKFBWTGMJSATTTVA:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

23 minutes ago, x VB said:

I know this is not related to Tunnel but she’s referencing SQ so

Hide contents

Her team removed every Serene Queen video on YT. The same thing happened with Architecture and a few years later it was released with Norman :blush3: let’s be delusional

what if an Ocean Blvd deluxe edition drops & its on it :oh:

Listening to Ultraviolence right now including all the bonus tracks including ITH & Flipside & also the West Coast Radio Mix (put it next to Florida Kilos ), the point is it's 1 hour & 18 minutes long that way, super similar to the lenghth of this album. UV feels so much more complete & it's such a whole & full experience,  it's perfect. I hope & I'm sure Ocean Blvd album will feel the same way, not dragging at all ,  like a gorgeous complete journey,  experience & collapse with gorgeous production,  variety but it still feels like it belongs all into the album :true::oprah:

Spoiler

Don't get me wrong standard version of UV serves too & is perfect already ofc but Flipside really is the perfect closer :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

41 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

what if an Ocean Blvd deluxe edition drops & its on it :oh:

Unmanifesting deluxe albums in 2023

also the record is 1h 30 long, I guess it’s already a “deluxe” album :silly:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

3 minutes ago, x VB said:

Unmanifesting deluxe albums in 2023

also the record is 1h 30 long, I guess it’s already a “deluxe” album :silly:

Why unmanifest new music?

giphy.gif

I’m actually excited for Margaret. 
Her songs with ‘name’ titles are really great. Salvatore, Carmen and Lolita are some of the best tracks.