Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, ruined said:

They way btd started with a blue truck and ended with a blue truck (LFL) (with 2 albums between)

And nfr started on the ocean/sea and it's ending on the ocean/sea (DYKTTATUOB) (with two albums between) :true:

Math Lady GIFs | Tenor 

oh my god she's moving to airplanes next

1 minute ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Math Lady GIFs | Tenor 

oh my god she's moving to airplanes next

Tbh I was convinced the COCC cover was going to feature her flying a plane when she was in her pilot era lol 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

NFR's acclaim set the bar too high, I have a hard time imagining that she'll reach that again so soon. Especially when Ocean Blvd didn't receive best new music. I predict 8/8.5 from Pitchfork and an overall score of 80-84 on metacritic.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

17 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

what season do you guys associate the title track with? for me it's definitely winter. it just has that pitch black outside by 5pm melancholia soundscape:true:plus I can testify to it being a gorgeous track to listen to while the snow is falling outside :true: though I don't doubt its equally as beautiful on a beach in Hawaii 

& which season do you guys think the album as a whole will fit most?

e.g how honeymoon&nfr are obviously generally peak summer, cocc&bb very end of summer- autumny

maybe it's a dumb question to ask rn cause it's definitely hard to say without hearing the tracks & going off the song titles doesn't help much, rn i do have a feeling it won't even fit any one season strongly anyway, kind of like LFL imo (you have summer vibes in the title track, summer bummer, 13 beaches etc. but then some spring/wintery ones too with heroin, change, even love imo) 

throwback to when I first found out about taco truck :crying4:  I hope the album gives me summer. The title track gives me the end of winter and GPSTOS gives me late spring..maybe this album will start from a sparse winter and end with a hot summer :illumilana2:

On 1/13/2023 at 5:04 PM, Crimson and Clover said:

Taco truck is giving me hot summer nights in LA :wowcry: wearing flip flops, the sun is setting and the sky is orange :oprah2: cars are zooming by and it’s rush hour but you and your soul mate are relaxing on the curb and people watching and enjoying somewhat overpriced carne asada tacos with salsa verde and a horchata in a styrofoam cup :pray2: the air is warm so you take your flip flops off for a bit and let your feet dry after a day at the beach :crying4: life is good 

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

NFR's acclaim set the bar too high, I have a hard time imagining that she'll reach that again so soon. Especially when Ocean Blvd didn't receive best new music. I predict 8/8.5 from Pitchfork and an overall score of 80-84 on metacritic.

here Ocean Bldv was one of highest rated december singles by users 

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/2022/releases/december-12.php?s=user 

and the album is one of the most anticipated this year 

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/discover/anticipated/

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

here Ocean Bldv was one of highest rated december singles by users 

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/2022/releases/december-12.php?s=user 

and the album is one of the most anticipated this year 

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/discover/anticipated/

I hope i'm wrong! Just don't want to be disappointed, so I'm keeping my expectations low:et:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Wait a second...:raven:

Oh she's definitelty ending what she started with nfr just like she did with btd and lfl

Both lead singles (mac and dykttatuob) have textless cover art and she's standing outside. Both songs mention a place in their title and at the beginning of lyrics

You took my sadness outta context at the "mariners apartment complex"

Did you know that there's a "tunnel under ocean boulevard"

Both songs are track 2 on the albums

There's a lot more

Should I start my essay?:prettyhurts:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

4 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:

I think that the album could get a 84-85 on metacritic even tho insiders’ description let me think of 88-90 idk, maybe we should ask kintsuji what he thinks since we already have Boz’s opinion

I believe Kintsugi was already asked, and they said something along the lines of it’s tough to predict how it will be received because it’s “not exactly cohesive” (I think that was the wording) while still praising the record!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

6 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

throwback to when I first found out about taco truck :crying4:  I hope the album gives me summer. The title track gives me the end of winter and GPSTOS gives me late spring..maybe this album will start from a sparse winter and end with a hot summer :illumilana2:

i def agree about Taco Truck especially since we know that’s the Venice Bitch sample & thats one of her most summery songs lyrically, sonically & visually. :xcry:  

6 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

maybe this album will start from a sparse winter and end with a hot summer :illumilana2:

I would love this too 

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I believe Kintsugi was already asked, and they said something along the lines of it’s tough to predict how it will be received because it’s “not exactly cohesive” (I think that was the wording) while still praising the record!

oh you’re right, i forgot about this, kintsuji is appreciating  the album so much!

16 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Tbh I was convinced the COCC cover was going to feature her flying a plane when she was in her pilot era lol 

Same

But then she posted the bts of title track's mv and I was convinced the album cover was going to feature the red racing car

But then she posted the album cover featuring a round lunch table

10 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Neither did Mariners Apartment Complex though. 

I think that Ocean Blvd will be her second most acclaimed album to date with a Metacritic score around 82-85. It sounds a bit too adventurous and personal and won't cater to the masses, while NFR had a more "pleasant"/"accessible" sound overall. 

Anyway, I missed the tea yesterday. Kintsugi sounds like a potential career highlight. The lyrics are extraordinary. :crying:

Kintsugi rated the album 8/10 and I think that's a very fair and honest rating. At least he hasn't been going around saying the album is completely flawless :eartha2:

1 minute ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Neither did Mariners Apartment Complex though. 

I think that Ocean Blvd will be her second most acclaimed album to date with a Metacritic score around 82-85. It sounds a bit too adventurous and personal and won't cater to the masses, while NFR had a more "pleasant"/"accessible" sound overall. 

Anyway, I missed the tea yesterday. Kintsugi sounds like a potential career highlight. The lyrics are extraordinary. :crying:

True!

and the fact that BoZ said the Kintsugi lyrics aren't anything special compared to the rest of the album, especially up next to Fingertips :lange:

Lana after writing Taco Truck

Spoiler

Abuelo, por favor, párate sobre los hombros de mi padre mientras pesca en alta mar 🇲🇽🌮🌯

and also for giving me Margaret

33 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

what season do you guys associate the title track with? for me it's definitely winter.

Oh agree it's definitely winter

What she's wearing on the cover art

The sound of her exhaling/vaping at the beginning definitely feels like she's exhaling/vaping in cold weather

forgot to write but i had dream where i "saw" lyrics of one songs. it was about fame, cancelling her in 2012, critics and sort of thank you to fans.

i remember only one lyric: "I never doubted that I'm gonna made it"