Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

today i was predicting which track was the best on each side of the album and I thought of this:
SIDE A
The Grants or A&W
SIDE B
Kintsuji 
SIDE C
Fingertips or Grandfather
SIDE D
Fishtail or Taco Truck x vb

What do u think?

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Kintsugi rated the album 8/10 and I think that's a very fair and honest rating. At least he hasn't been going around saying the album is completely flawless :eartha2:

True!

and the fact that BoZ said the Kintsugi lyrics aren't anything special compared to the rest of the album, especially up next to Fingertips :lange:

Yeah, Kintsugi hates the interludes, lol! I wonder which track, besides these two, is his least favourite...He did say that tracks 8-16 is the best sequence, so I guess it must be one of the earlier tracks. I'm going to say Sweet or Cunty Necklace

It's quite interesting that Kintsugi said that Lana sings her heart out in Kintsugi and it has some of her best melodies. He also said that it's the best song ever, so this kind of intensely passionate reaction to it is quite telling about its quality. On the other hand, BOZ said that Lana barely opens her lips, so I don't know what to make of this. I'm living for this level of thought-provoking divisiveness, though. 

Anyway, the lyrics that Kintsugi teased yesterday are some of her greatest to date, honestly. But I'm really curious about Fingertips' supposedly groundbreaking lyrics based on BOZ's post. :pussypower:

40 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

which season do you guys think the album as a whole will fit most?

maybe it's a dumb question to ask rn cause it's definitely hard to say without hearing the tracks

To me winter

Judging from the album photoshoots and W magazine photoshoots and single cover

But just like you said we never know untill we hear the record

I mean it CAN'T be full winter

We know she can't stop making summer-vibes songs or at least mentioning summer

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

4 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

forgot to write but i had dream where i "saw" lyrics of one songs. it was about fame, cancelling her in 2012, critics and sort of thank you to fans.

i remember only one lyric: "I never doubted that I'm gonna made it"

Omg Wait doesn't that fit with what BOZ said about the Grandfather Deep Sea Fishing song:hdu:

Your psychic era :trisha:

BOZ said sth like this :

Spoiler

It's about her being crucified & getting criticed throughout her career & standing up for herself & her art. In that sense it shows similiarity with MAC. It also contains a sea theme and it is full of metaphors & very poetic.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

the albums that deserve critical acclaim dont usually get it when it comes to lana so as much as i'm keeping my hopes up i dont know if the wordiness will resonate with critics that much. theres a reason nfr is so widely liked i'll just say that :bebe:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:

today i was predicting which track was the best on each side of the album and I thought of this:
SIDE A
The Grants or A&W
SIDE B
Kintsuji 
SIDE C
SIDE D

What do u think?

SIDE A:

A&W

Side B:

Kintsugi

Side C:

Fingertips

Side D:

Taco Truck x VB

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

On the other hand, BOZ said that Lana barely opens her lips, so I don't know what to make of this. I'm living for this level of thought-provoking divisiveness, though. 

BoZ or Eclipse (i don't remember exactly) hated Dealer so it's only sense of somebody's taste. one person like, other don't 

7 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:

SIDE A
The Grants or A&W
SIDE B
Kintsuji 
SIDE C
SIDE D

What do u think?

A: A&W

B: Kintsugi

C: Grandfather song

D: Taco Truck or Peppers

13 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

BoZ or Eclipse (i don't remember exactly) hated Dealer so it's only sense of somebody's taste. one person like, other don't 

Both of them dislike Dealer! And I remember BOZ hating White Dress, as well. They also disliked Yosemite, if I remember correctly.

Lol, White Dress and Yosemite are my favourite COCC tracks btw. :candy:

I’m contemplating how I will listen to the album for the first time. Typically I use my Bose noise cancelling headphones but I am wondering if listening in my car might be more impactful. Tunnel really hits me when I’m driving I always end up crying. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

SIDE A:

A&W

Side B:

Kintsugi

Side C:

Fingertips

Side D:

Taco Truck x VB

Side A: A&W or title track

Side B: Candy Necklace (still have faith on this one!)

Side C: Grandpa

Side D: TT x VB

and also for giving me Margaret

I’m still confused how  BoZ says she barely opens her lips and Kintsugi says she ‘sings her heart out’ because that isn’t difference in tastes both are describing the song completely differently.  Which is it? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m still confused how  BoZ says she barely opens her lips and Kintsugi says she ‘sings her heart out’ because that isn’t difference in tastes both are describing the song completely differently.  Which is it? 

I just think it comes down to how sympathetic one is to the previous two records. I'm assuming that it will be a track similar to White Dress, which the former was not sympathetic towards at all, and the latter loved. People's tastes and experiences with music never fail to amaze me. :eartha2:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I was wondering this as well!

The only thing I can picture is something like a White Dress situation: some people found it to be unintelligible whispering, whereas others (like myself:brows:) found it to be one of her most emotive and moving works to date.

I do agree, though, that these descriptions seem pretty incongruous even if one person likes/dislikes the song. I suppose we’ll find out!

edit: @Fingertips our minds..

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I was wondering this as well!

The only thing I can picture is something like a White Dress situation: some people found it to be unintelligible whispering, whereas others (like myself:brows:) found it to be one of her most emotive and moving works to date.

I do agree, though, that these descriptions seem pretty incongruent even if one person likes/dislikes the song. I suppose we’ll find out!

edit: @Fingertips our minds..

We're connected! :oprah3::ma: