Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

I love album drop listening rituals! What else do people have planned/what were your rituals for past first listens of new albums? Sad bc the album was supposed to drop while I’m in Prague for my bday but now that it’s been pushed back idk what I’ll do- maybe a long meandering walk through the city? 

For my first listen I also planned to decorate my room , gonna print out the ocean photo that it's inside of the vinyl (& in my signature ), gonna hang up the tracklist & a photo of the Tunnel under Ocean Boulevard.  Gonna put some seashells in my room,  the alt covers on my Laptop & put some cozy lights on. Also gonna buy a scented candle. Wearing a candy necklace sounds like such a cute idea & I think I gonna do it as well & putting on some "sexy" but cozy outfit lol, for some reason I love to get dressed & style my hair on Lana albums release day lol and yeah I gonna make Tacos & my casual Lana album walk :hide:

Walking around  the city or listen to the album at a beautiful spot,  maybe at a river or somewhere with a beautiful view sounds like a good plan :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

8 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Both of them dislike Dealer! And I remember BOZ hating White Dress, as well. Both also disliked Yosemite, if I remember correctly.

Lol, White Dress and Yosemite are my favourite COCC tracks btw. :candy:

White Dress and Yosemite are without a doubt career highlights, they clearly can't be trusted. :true: Dealer is also a total vibe so I can't imagine what's to dislike.

2 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

I love album drop listening rituals! What else do people have planned/what were your rituals for past first listens of new albums? Sad bc the album was supposed to drop while I’m in Prague for my bday but now that it’s been pushed back idk what I’ll do- maybe a long meandering walk through the city? 

I'm going to buy a candy necklace, drive an hour to the beach and listen to the record on the sand at sunrise :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I'm going to buy a candy necklace, drive an hour to the beach and listen to the record on the sand at sunrise :oprah3:

Omg that's sounds like a dream:wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Omg that's sounds like a dream:wowcry:

Praying for global warming and that there won't be any snow on the beach.mp3 in NY by March 24th :eartha: my alternative plan is to listen to it walking on the boardwalk, maybe without the candy necklace in case I get hate crimed :eartha2:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, DCooper said:

White Dress and Yosemite are without a doubt career highlights, they clearly can't be trusted. :true: Dealer is also a total vibe so I can't imagine what's to dislike.

Spill! I remember them saying that Dealer was very monotonous/flat, which I thought was kinda the point? It's far from my favourite track on Blue Banisters, but it has this repetitive/never-ending hypnotic sound that makes you feel like you're stuck in a creepy Lynchian bar. :pussypower:

17 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I just think it comes down to how sympathetic one is to the previous two records. I'm assuming that it will be a track similar to White Dress, which the former was not sympathetic towards at all, and the latter loved. People's tastes and experiences with music never fail to amaze me. :eartha2:

And didn't Kintsugi say that he was disappointed by the fact that White Dress, despite being great overall, had the potential to be even better? Kintsugi is coming for our scalps. :true:

1 hour ago, LanaBalkana said:

Winter 100%. I was listening to it when it was released and snowing in the UK and it was just :xcry:

ugh yes. a few days after it released it snowed in my area and it was in my head :lanahottie:

i played it while walking through the snow in my local park and it was an ethereal experience, obviously it was empty and i was screaming the lyrics like a madman

but i see it as quite wintery

I think the album feels like early spring to me, like when its still chilly in the morning and you hear birds chirping for the first time after a long winter...the sun shines in the afternoon and it starts to feel warm again...it rains a bit and flower buds are starting to grow 

You go to the beach and its kind of warm out, but the water is still cold so you just sit on the sand and watch the waves or maybe just stand at the edge and get your feet a bit wet...everything is still closed on the boardwalk so the entire place is pretty much empty...you walk around and look at all the closed stores and food stands, just exploring and perhaps you even find a tunnel under ocean blvd :oprah:

Just now, fishtails said:

I think Ocean Blvd feels like early spring to me, like when its still chilly in the morning and you hear birds chirping for the first time after a long winter...the sun shines in the afternoon and it starts to feel warm again...it rains a bit and flowerbeds are starting to grow 

You go to the beach and its kind of warm out, but not the water is still cold so you just sit on the sand and watch the waves or maybe just stand at the edge and get your feet a bit wet...everything is still closed on the boardwalk so the entire place is pretty much empty...you walk around and look at all the closed stores and food stands, just exploring and perhaps you even find a tunnel under ocean blvd :oprah:

Oh wow, oh wow. Beautifully said! I agree! The title track fits in that liminal state between winter and spring :wowcry:

Just now, Fingertips said:

Oh wow, oh wow. Beautifully said! I agree! The title track fits in that liminal state between winter and spring :wowcry:

thank you! If I had money to travel this is exactly what I would do on release day :creepna3: just drive to the nearest beach with a boardwalk and wander around while listening to the album

2 minutes ago, fishtails said:

I think the album feels like early spring to me, like when its still chilly in the morning and you hear birds chirping for the first time after a long winter...the sun shines in the afternoon and it starts to feel warm again...it rains a bit and flower buds are starting to grow 

You go to the beach and its kind of warm out, but the water is still cold so you just sit on the sand and watch the waves or maybe just stand at the edge and get your feet a bit wet...everything is still closed on the boardwalk so the entire place is pretty much empty...you walk around and look at all the closed stores and food stands, just exploring and perhaps you even find a tunnel under ocean blvd :oprah:

That’s exactly the vibe I’m getting too. It pretty much closes down where I live in the winter and the spring time is when things slow start to open up again. This record feels like stepping outside on the first nice day of the year after a long winter of reflection and healing.

1 minute ago, BoDaToe said:

That’s exactly the vibe I’m getting too. It pretty much closes down where I live in the winter and the spring time is when things slow start to open up again. This record feels like stepping outside on the first nice day of the year after a long winter of reflection and healing.

It really does! It makes me think of how Lana said "spring I sleep" in BB and that normally summer is her time, but lately I think that she may be trying to reclaim spring

Perhaps that's when Patty's birthday is lol but Chemtrails was also released at the end of winter/beginning of spring in March and now Ocean Blvd is also a March album 

I think spring may be Lana's new summer :oic3:

i don’t know how this works, but if i have a friend who works at target (i don’t), can they like go in the back and see if they have the cds and vinyls? or like at the beginning of march or a few weeks before hand like is that even a possibility of target having them out 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

3 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

I love a good album drop ritual yet I never do the same thing twice lol. This time I’m going to get up super early to drive to the nearest target, which is about the length of the album away, to get the vinyl. Then I’m gonna drive another 20 min to A&W and have a root beer float. All while wearing my pink “boner garbage” shirt with kittens and a boobie candy necklace I got at Spencer’s :lolliney:

4 minutes ago, jamesss said:

i don’t know how this works, but if i have a friend who works at target (i don’t), can they like go in the back and see if they have the cds and vinyls? or like at the beginning of march or a few weeks before hand like is that even a possibility of target having them out 

I'm not sure entirely but from what I remember from chemtrails I think they did put out the cds and vinyls out like a week early 

With the new release date I could see there being some confusion and target putting them out on the shelves on March 10th but you wouldn't be able to purchase it until the 24th

11 minutes ago, jamesss said:

I work in retail, not in a store like Target or anything to do with music, it’s a lingerie store HDJSJDJ the slay but anyways- basically we do get new collections in advance, sometimes a few weeks even & each time new products from a new collection come in the box(es) there’s also paperwork with all the info, it’ll  say something like “Display starting March 10th 2023” and we’ll keep it locked in our storage room until then.  

So yeah it is technically  possible but if an employee did that they could get in some shit. We are really strict with that kind of stuff at my store anyway, I hope the places that receive her physical copies early will be too! 

8 minutes ago, jamesss said:

I had a friend who worked at a target and she said they usually put them out when they get them. I guess their shipments come in like they day before or something usually. Like they’re not sitting in the back for weeks until release date.

Although they never put BB vinyl out because they were so limited. They kept them in the back and you had to ask an employee to get it for you.

Edit: I tried to by the last black keys album at Walmart on Thursday night since it was out and it didn’t scan. Luckily the employee typed it in for me. Just depends on how messy your local is i guess.