Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Trrrrrr said:

Well, it's really strange why some people keep saying that this album won't be popular with most people before they actually hear it

I think it's a combination of knowing that this record will be a little more "out there" than say, a record like Norman, and the tracks being pretty long overall. Not many people nowadays have the attention span to sit through long songs unless they're light, breezy, and easy to relax to like Venice Bitch. Just look at Honeymoon :eartha2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

20 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

Omg I’m sorry I’m bored don’t ban me:eek3:

Anyway

What do you guys think Let the Light In will sound like? I’m hoping for something like this

just kinda vibey

Or like this

more upbeat and orchestral

GOD i love FJM im so excited for this collab even if hes getting snowonthebeached :trisha:

22 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

What do you guys think Let the Light In will sound like? I’m hoping for something like this

This is legit one of my all-time favourite songs already so I hope you're right :wowcry:

15 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think it's a combination of knowing that this record will be a little more "out there" than say, a record like Norman, and the tracks being pretty long overall. Not many people nowadays have the attention span to sit through long songs unless they're light, breezy, and easy to relax to like Venice Bitch. Just look at Honeymoon :eartha2:

Honestly all tracks on HM feel like 4 mins to me, cuz they are just t h a t  g o o d

what this album could do to me. there is already a bit of information about the sound. i agree with the oracle i assume that it will have these dreamy strings from paradise, but again and again the hard and aggressive guitars(uv), plus synthesizer and trap beats like on lust for life. there will be also quiet piano ballads like on blue bannisters.

Tunnel, sweet, candy necklace, paris-texas and Margarete are influenced by blue banisters.

Kintsugi, peppers, fingertips  fishtail are influenced by lfl

Grants, grandfather...and let the Light in are influenced by paradise

Aw and taco truck are influenced by uv.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

23 minutes ago, Elle said:

You guys really can't go a single hour without going off-topic because of fighting or spreading misinformation huh :crossed:

Pls stay on topic, I'm literally still cleaning out spam from 300 pages ago :crossed:

My dictatorial ass says ban em:illumilana:

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

Honestly all tracks on HM feel like 4 mins to me, cuz they are just t h a t  g o o d

I feel the same way, The Blackest Day does not feel over 6 minutes at all :trisha:

Ocean Blvd being 12 minutes longer than Honeymoon blows my mind

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I feel the same way, The Blackest Day does not feel over 6 minutes at all :trisha:

Ocean Blvd being 12 minutes longer than Honeymoon blows my mind

omg you’re right.. didn’t even think about that. Exclude the interludes and it’s the same number of songs and length more or less. We won:gurl:

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

omg you’re right.. didn’t even think about that. Exclude the interludes and it’s the same number of songs and length more or less. We won:gurl:

And we will be streaming the interludes this time, poor Burnt Norton :clapback:

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

And we will be streaming the interludes this time, poor Burnt Norton :clapback:

I love Burnt Norton. I went to see TS Eliot’s Four Quartets in the theatre and mouthed every word of that interlude. Lana keeping me cultured:hoe:

12 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

When the Father John song is Hollywood Forever Cemetery x Buddy's Rendezvous  with a dash of God Knows I Tried

the-magicians-julia.gif

Idek what that would sound like tbh 3 different vibes

37 minutes ago, Elle said:

You guys really can't go a single hour without going off-topic because of fighting or spreading misinformation huh :crossed:

Pls stay on topic, I'm literally still cleaning out spam from 300 pages ago :crossed:

I read this as "you gays" and I was like oh she's HAD it :deadbanana:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I have a feeling that "Freak" and "Fishtail" will be sister songs :true:

1 minute ago, BoDaToe said:

Idek what that would sound like tbh 3 different vibes

I'm imagining the drums of HFC, the jazzy brass and string section of Buddy's, and the lyrics of GKIT. Like a rocky jazz sound. Idk maybe I'm absolutely crazy

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

1 minute ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

I'm imagining the drums of HFC, the jazzy brass and string section of Buddy's, and the lyrics of GKIT. Like a rocky jazz sound. Idk maybe I'm absolutely crazy

:derpna3:

8 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I have a feeling that "Freak" and "Fishtail" will be sister songs :true:

unfortunately we can only dream :crying4: freak is so amazing

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Guys I just became so sad that “Behind the Iron Gates-Insights from an institution” is probably lost forever. It seems like it and DYKTTATUOB had a lot of thematic similarities. Imagine it being released at the end of the year to complement the cycle :trisha:

When she released Violet after Norman it worked so fucking perfectly. 
fuck you laptop thief