Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Let us PLEASE go back to talking about the album

:eartha2:

Kintsugi lyrics - a masterpiece

So true, I'm actually claiming the third line of the chorus already! I just know it'll slap :oprah3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

The last song on the album usually gives a hint of the vibe for the next album so that means Taco Truck × VB will have some indication of the direction she's going in next

aka Venice Bitch :oprah:

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

let's predict what we think the tracks off of ocean boulevard will be like, vibe-wise, based of other lana songs!

the grants: 13 beaches, white dress, ocean boulevard (orchestral, breezy, confessional)

sweet: love song, let me love you like a woman, violets for roses (classical vibes, sweet, nice, themes of settling down, love, family)

a&w: off to the races, money power glory, cruel world (experimental, chaotic, angry, bitter, spiteful)

candy necklace: bartender, change, cinnamon girl (luscious pianos, possibly vulnerable/confessional)

kintsugi: fine china, yosemite, bad disease (very confessional, somber, major "classic" vibes, possibly acoustic-driven)

fingertips: blue banisters, bartender (piano-driven, reflects her current sound)

paris, texas: thunder demo, buddy's rendezvous, high by the beach? (jazz influences, possibly with electric guitar or rock vibes, possibly orchestral, but breezy)

grandfather: ocean boulevard, mariner's, venice bitch (slightly psychedelic, very nautical and introspective)

let the light in: buddy's rendezvous (jazzy, just similar to that track in general)

margaret: lust for life? (i get 80s vibes from this track, something with a lot of synths, perhaps a more conventional sound)

fishtail: mermaid motel, mariner's apartment complex (experimental, offbeat, and very nautical)

peppers: brite lites, summer bummer (dark, fun, upbeat, a little strange)

taco truck: venice bitch, ocean boulevard (well, it samples venice bitch, but it may be a little more "detached" and breezy)

This is a very cool idea! I'm going to divide the tracklist into smaller sections, because I suspect that there must be some thematic and sonic cohesiveness.

The Grants: An orchestral and lush introduction to the album. Probably a very wordy track. I have a good feeling about this one! The strings will directly lead us to Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean BlvdHoneymoon (title track) vibes.

Sweet: confirmed to feature "beautiful strings". This one sounds like a potentially soft love song: simple and soothing. It might get lost in the shuffle, but I think that it will be a very pleasing track. Love song vibes.

- - -

A&W: The sound of the album will change dramatically here, as we are introduced to a supposedly "angry acoustic guitar ballad". I'm expecting a very layered development, given that insiders have told us that it's a "wild", "unprecedented" and "adventurous" track. It somehow ends with an intense trap beat, so this one should be one of the most memorable tracks. I think that it's kinda connected to the last three (supposedly "vibey") tracks, but I like the fact that it's placed so high on the tracklist. It must be quite important, and I assume that it must be quite wordy, too. Venice Bitch x Cruel World x Black Bathing Suit x God Knows I Tried vibes. 

Judah Smith Interlude: Placing a pastor's sermon right after three explicit tracks and especially right after "American Whore" is obviously intentional, and the alleged "eerie" and "unsettling" background music should be quite intriguing, too. This will keep us A&W's weirdness/experimentation, but might also be thematically linked. Bare Feet on Linoleum vibes.

- - -

Candy Necklace: I'm expecting a dreamy yet slightly eerie jazzy ballad. Swan Song x Blue Banisters vibes.

Jon Batiste Interlude: Allegedly this has amazing instrumentation, including bass and potentially electric guitars, so colour me surprised! I suppose that they must have improvised this one, so we'll probably get something very random and creative. Black Bathing Suit x The Other Woman vibes? Lol, no idea.

- - -

Kintsugi: Things slow down here. This will be the minimalist track of the album. Sparse, wordy, deeply affecting and personal. hope is a dangerous thing x White Dress x Yosemite vibes.

Fingertips: This track is a continuation of the wordiness/automatic writing style of Kintsugi, but it's orchestral and even wordier. Wildflower Wildfire (but with strings!) vibes.

Paris, Texas: a simpler, more melodic and accessible track, featuring that lovely SYML sample. I think that it'll be breezy and vibey, but its lyrics will be as confrontational and confessional as Fingertips and Kintsugi's. Norman fucking Rockwell x Happiness is a butterfly vibes.

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing: Piano-based, but with a rich progression. Yet another (very) wordy and poetic track. Mariners Apartment Complex (replace the electric guitar with strings!) vibes.

- - -

Let the Light In: Probably the jazziest track on the album. I'm expecting something very warm and earthy. Buddy's Rendezvous x If You Lie Down With Me vibes, obviously!

Margaret: I'm expecting something chill and synth-heavy. Secret Life vibes.

- - -

Fishtail: This one should have lots of synths and ambient piano. The vibey track of the album. Cinnamon Girl x Tulsa Jesus Freak vibes. 

Peppers: Probably a strange/experimental track with trap beats and electronica. Sultry and grounded. A weird version of Cherry in a way.

Taco Truck x VB: Very playful and fun track that slowly turns into something psychedelic and intense (hence the VB sample, probably something from that song's last 4 minutes). Probably a hint at LDR10's sonic direction. It's interesting that this album probably ends with more upbeat tracks. Usually Lana puts very quiet/contemplative ones at the very end of her album's tracklists, but it seems that these ones are mostly placed in the middle part of the album. Obviously Venice Bitch vibes.

:illumilana2:

It's very difficult to decipher how this album is going to sound in general. But I think that we're going to get something very special. Insiders keep mentioning that we should listen to the record with an open mind, and that it's sonically unexpected and adventurous. Not to mention that the lyrics that Kintsugi teased + the opening lyrics of Fingertips + the lyrics of the title track indicate that the album might have the strongest writing of her career. :godlaugh:

I feel like The Grants will be similar to Blue Banisters, 13 Beaches, and Ocean Blvd (it will probs flow nicely into Ocean Blvd) :flutter:

Also, I’d thought I’d include Charlie’s Insta story lol, he is a Grant after all

gCtFUB.jpg

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

i come off lanaboards for literally like 6 hours to write an assignment and i see all hell has broke loose.. we have our own QFTC, phishing links… something about boobs again

why is everyone unhinged!!! 

guys, i know everyone’s probably a little antsy but this should be our safe space, where we all go to have a little geek about to get excited for lana’s 9th (or 10th) album. and on other threads a safe space with likeminded people who are just as interested in ms del rey. 

not all this toxicity and unhinged behavior. i’ve had my fair share of trolling but i do not know what got in the air today..

let’s all just collectively agree about how excited we are for lana’s new project, and how it will bring us all together when it gets released. 

i love the pre-release it’s my favorite time but not when the vibes are like this:noparty:

so. what does everyone think the next single will be? i would love a&w but i would like to be scalped in album context with it. i’m thinking realistically it’s gonna be candy necklace maybe? purely because she teased it. 

i really really am looking forward to hearing my namesake, i do love VB.. i’m excited to hear lana’s magnum opus:party:

1 minute ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i come off lanaboards for literally like 6 hours to write an assignment and i see all hell has broke loose.. we have our own QFTC, phishing links… something about boobs again

why is everyone unhinged!!! 

guys, i know everyone’s probably a little antsy but this should be our safe space, where we all go to have a little geek about to get excited for lana’s 9th (or 10th) album. and on other threads a safe space with likeminded people who are just as interested in ms del rey. 

not all this toxicity and unhinged behavior. i’ve had my fair share of trolling but i do not know what got in the air today..

let’s all just collectively agree about how excited we are for lana’s new project, and how it will bring us all together when it gets released. 

i love the pre-release it’s my favorite time but not when the vibes are like this:noparty:

so. what does everyone think the next single will be? i would love a&w but i would like to be scalped in album context with it. i’m thinking realistically it’s gonna be candy necklace maybe? purely because she teased it. 

i really really am looking forward to hearing my namesake, i do love VB.. i’m excited to hear lana’s magnum opus:party:

Agree! Candy necklace feels like a single title if you ask me

1 minute ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i'm gonna go with an atypical answer and say "sweet"

i just get 2nd single vibes from that one

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

14 minutes ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i’ve noticed a pattern of Lana eras before the album comes out

• there’s usually a song that has very early lore that everyone assumes is going to be a single but is kept for album release day; ex Cherry, Dealer, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Cinnamon Girl

• tracks 1 and 2 are almost always singles

My prediction is that A&W is the song with the lore that we’ll have to wait for, I honestly think The Grants is gonna be the second and last single pre-release

I actually think Candy Necklace is going to be more of a Love Song/White Mustang situation, where yes we have the snippet and she teased it ahead of time, but it’s just gonna end up being a pretty standard album song as in it won’t be a single or anything, at least not until later