Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

8 hours ago, Fingertips said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnqhLGrOBS5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Not major news, and sorry if it's already been discussed because I must have missed it, but I just saw this and omg I get more hyped for this album every day!! :trisha:

The fact he said "I saw the liquid blue" is so intriguing and captivating... I cannot explain it (it's trigonometry), I'm so excited!  :trisha:

Me at midnight on March 24th pressing play on The Grants. I'm honestly scared to even hear the first instrument on the record, it's going to be such a cherishable moment 

send-text-run-away.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I just realized that the album covers are diptychs… :wowcry:

- the standard cover mirrors the HMV / Target one;

- The indie shop one mirrors the Amazon one; 

- the shop exclusive white vinyl mirrors the boxset cover (aka boob cover). 

the visuals truly are well-thought :oprah2:

10 hours ago, Fingertips said:

Not major news, and sorry if it's already been discussed because I must have missed it, but I just saw this and omg I get more hyped for this album every day!! :trisha:

Seeing the sea and the liquid blue? Elegant and classy? Oh, this sounds major. :lange: 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:51 AM, Terrence Loves Me said:

Me at midnight on March 24th pressing play on The Grants. I'm honestly scared to even hear the first instrument on the record, it's going to be such a cherishable moment 

send-text-run-away.gif

me on february 16th :hooker:

qfrWuBl.png

13 minutes ago, fearfunfearlove said:

What do you guys think the next single will be? (if we get one) :die:

Reveal hidden contents

fingertips probably so they make sure it doesn’t get leaked first :cryney2: grandpa is a safe bet too

and also for giving me Margaret

I am listening to Tommy's World Vision and the only tracks that kinda make sense as potential samples are Hair Like Water Wavy Like the Sea (I absolutely love this one!) and Eden (its strange beat is so addictive!). Shepherd would be a great pick, too, but the former two feel closer to what I'm expecting from Peppers sonicallyI can't find the writing credits for the tracks though (we only have production credits, and Eden and Hate Demon are the only tracks that were produced by Tommy herself. We don't have the production credits of Peppers though, so it could be any of these tracks, I suppose, as long as Tommy is the only one who has writing credits). 

10 hours ago, Fingertips said:

This has me so excited. “Liquid blue” :flutter:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

does anyone have a newborn i can lick like a frog?

anyway.. why does lana hibernate after announcing something? like i’ll even take birthday posts at this point.. i think artists staying active with their fans is crucial imo like imagine this era if lana was properly active on honeymoon, a small collection of us on her account compared to the absolute millions on her main insta.. like there’s what 2mil on honeymoon? imagine the intimacy if she only unlocked it a few times (i like to gatekeep) and communicated with us in comments and lives like she did before, i just feel a little disconnected from her that’s all.. maybe it’s just me but i do miss her random ass posts and actual communicating with fans, now we’re lucky to get the occasional post.. and i doubt she’ll even do much for the album just a quick post that she’ll end up deleting like a day later 

don’t want to sound like i’m complaining, but this is a discussion forum and just imagine how personal and intimate this pre-release could’ve been :brows3:

maybe it’s because of the laptop theft, and it’s really really impacted her

it honestly just seems like this is the happiest with and proudest of a record she’s been since 2019, i just wish she’d share that.. like she KNOWS she’s made a magnum opus

WHICH I CANT WAIT TO HEAR 

ot: i have no idea what to do when i hear the album for the first time, i like to just put my headphones on and close my eyes but you all have such great ideas that i feel so inferior in regards to listening rituals :smile2:

i just had a dream that i went to a record store to pick up a record i had repaired? :awkney: but while i was there saw two variants of DYKTTATUOB on sale that both had painted Violet-style covers where one had a tiger and a bunch of flowers and the other had a bunch of people standing around holding random things like LGBT flags and shit :air: it looked like the I Love You Honeybear by FJM cover. anyway i bought them and took them home and unpackaged them and they both had gatefolds with photos of drag queens in them :air2: like blurry ass screencaps from RPDR but one was on this gorgeous baby blue clear vinyl and the tiger one was like an orange hazy one. i also remember i kept thinking whether or not i was gonna have my insider era on here or if i was gonna wait till closer to the release date to spill that i bought those copies early :oop2: there was a track called SubPop on the back too which is just so weird but anyway i kinda wish the painted tiger cover was real cause shit was pretty :stareney3:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

10 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

I am listening to Tommy's World Vision and the only tracks that kinda make sense as potential samples are Hair Like Water Wavy Like the Sea (I absolutely love this one!) and Eden (its strange beat is so addictive!). Shepherd would be a great pick, too, but the former two feel closer to what I'm expecting from Peppers sonicallyI can't find the writing credits for the tracks though (we only have production credits, and Eden and Hate Demon are the only tracks that were produced by Tommy herself. We don't have the production credits of Peppers though, so it could be any of these tracks, I suppose, as long as Tommy is the only one who has writing credits). 

the way eden now is the strongest guess so most likely eden

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 minutes ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

does anyone have a newborn i can lick like a frog?

anyway.. why does lana hibernate after announcing something? like i’ll even take birthday posts at this point.. i think artists staying active with their fans is crucial imo like imagine this era if lana was properly active on honeymoon, a small collection of us on her account compared to the absolute millions on her main insta.. like there’s what 2mil on honeymoon? imagine the intimacy if she only unlocked it a few times (i like to gatekeep) and communicated with us in comments and lives like she did before, i just feel a little disconnected from her that’s all.. maybe it’s just me but i do miss her random ass posts and actual communicating with fans, now we’re lucky to get the occasional post.. and i doubt she’ll even do much for the album just a quick post that she’ll end up deleting like a day later 

don’t want to sound like i’m complaining, but this is a discussion forum and just imagine how personal and intimate this pre-release could’ve been :brows3:

maybe it’s because of the laptop theft, and it’s really really impacted her

it honestly just seems like this is the happiest with and proudest of a record she’s been since 2019, i just wish she’d share that.. like she KNOWS she’s made a magnum opus

WHICH I CANT WAIT TO HEAR 

ot: i have no idea what to do when i hear the album for the first time, i like to just put my headphones on and close my eyes but you all have such great ideas that i feel so inferior in regards to listening rituals :smile2:

I think I might drive around and listen to it. There is a nice river in the next town that I sometimes drive next to and listen to music and it’s so peaceful. It will be perfect. I’ve already requested a day off from work for it, my album release day tradition now. 

3 minutes ago, fine china said:

I think I might drive around and listen to it. There is a nice river in the next town that I sometimes drive next to and listen to music and it’s so peaceful. It will be perfect. I’ve already requested a day off from work for it, my album release day tradition now. 

i’ve said it like 5 times already, but genuinely the catharsis i felt when listening to the title track while walking through the snow and just screaming the lyrics.. honestly ugh. 

being next to the river in late winter / early spring will be beautiful especially for this album from what i envision it to sound like based on Ocean Blvd.. 

2 minutes ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i’ve said it like 5 times already, but genuinely the catharsis i felt when listening to the title track while walking through the snow and just screaming the lyrics.. honestly ugh. 

being next to the river in late winter / early spring will be beautiful especially for this album from what i envision it to sound like based on Ocean Blvd.. 

yeah I think being next to some water/beautiful weather is essential for listening to this album! I’m ready to cry my eyes out. I listened to the title track with cheap ear buds at work in a focus room and it wasn’t ideal :cuteface:

Why do Lana's album and Fall Out Boy's new album come out on the same day? I can't listen to both in one day! I need 24 hours to listen to DYK in high quality D:

giphy.gif