Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Found this on tt https://vanflip.com/2023/01/a-review-of-lana-del-reys-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-sultry-pop-or-mysterious-conspiracy/

Its obviously fake but the article was posted on Jan 1st and we didnt have a tracklist back then:uh:

wow besides it's probably fake, it's really intriguing 

31 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Found this on tt https://vanflip.com/2023/01/a-review-of-lana-del-reys-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-sultry-pop-or-mysterious-conspiracy/

Its obviously fake but the article was posted on Jan 1st and we didnt have a tracklist back then:uh:

Maybe they edited it after the tracklist came out

:true:

43 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

"The album begins with the song “The Grants,” which paints a vivid picture of a clandestine group that may be behind the construction of the tunnel. Del Rey’s lyrics hint at a mysterious organization with the power to control the world. The song is full of references to the Illuminati, the Freemasons, and other secret societies, and it’s clear that the singer is suspicious of their activities." im getting ultraviolence vibes

supposed kintsugi lyrics from the article "In the dark, they dig a hole, and try to hide the truth"

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

7 hours ago, For K said:

I honestly still can't believe we're getting an entire album in Dolby Atmos. I feel like American Whore is going to transcend me into the 6th dimension 

Interestingly though, I listened to TUOB both in and out of Dolby Atmos, and I actually prefer it without - the tinkling piano in the second verse is virtually absent from the DA mix! 🥲

3 hours ago, OscarScheller said:

I have never heard of the word Kintsugi before but now both lana AND fall out boy are dropping tracks that name on the same day💀

Fall Out Boy - So Much (for) Stardust(March 24th):

11. The Kintsugi Kid (Ten Years)

I'm sure there's a word for it but ever since I learned about Kintsugi I've seen it referenced at least 5 times in non Lana related contexts :thumb2:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, OscarScheller said:

I have never heard of the word Kintsugi before but now both lana AND fall out boy are dropping tracks that name on the same day💀

Fall Out Boy - So Much (for) Stardust(March 24th):

11. The Kintsugi Kid (Ten Years)

kintsugi has been gathering popularity for some time now and it seems like music has finally caught up to it. last year kpop group lesserafim had it on an album cover while fka twigs wore makeup apparently inspired by it ー seems like a trend

Spoiler

FkNNT-5acAEsziR?format=jpg&name=large

image_bd44d557-99a4-4e12-b104-1bf5eeb859

53 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

https://www.pantarhei.sk/441508-del-rey-lana-did-you-know-that-there-s-a-tunnel-under-lana-del-rey

This czech/slovak music store still has the release date set at 10 march. I hope fear the album will inevitably leak before the 24th.

:ma:

Yeah I’m sure there’ll be some fuck ups with copies that will be sent way too early because they didn’t get the memo… it’s gonna be another BB fiasco. :thumb3:

Billboard should rechange some rules about their numbers: preorders for vinyls or CDs should count as week one and not count the week they are sent. That way, we could get back to the good old days of short pre-releases like HM. 

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yeah I’m sure there’ll be some fuck ups with copies that will be sent way too early because they didn’t get the memo… it’s gonna be another BB fiasco. :thumb3:

Billboard should rechange some rules about their numbers: preorders for vinyls or CDs should count as week one and not count the week they are sent. That way, we could get back to the good old days of short pre-releases like HM. 

Yeah or at least have a couple of weeks of eligibility.

I get that they changed it so vinyl that weren't even in production didn't count but the new rule only makes albums delayed for months and it's boring (for fans and for the artist, specially those who rely on physical sales so they are not allowed to release digital only first like Lana?)

giphy.gif

Venice Bitch has been my most streamed song every year since 2018, I'm a bit worried I won't like Taco Truck because VB is like my holy grail, just like how I was so used to Architecture that I can't listen to BAR, or how I appreciate the album version of Thunder but still think it was perfect as it was previously. :bebe:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

18 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

this would be so easily manipulated tho. Ppl would be putting in thousands of fraudulent preorders and then cancelling them after being counted towards sales. Billboard will nevaaa do that 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

About the Tommy Genesis sample... in that letter Lana posted on the day of the announcement, didn't she write something like "Thank u Tommy for bringing the fire"?? Can this be a hint for the song used or is it a reference to you know, peppers (because they're spicy and burn :thumb3:)?

37 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

this would be so easily manipulated tho. Ppl would be putting in thousands of fraudulent preorders and then cancelling them after being counted towards sales. Billboard will nevaaa do that 

The way I hadn’t even thought about that :bebe: I guess I’m too honest for that kinda thing. 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

i understand why Billboard changed the rules in the first place because the biggest artists in the world were abusing them and ruined it for everyone, of course, but it really is so messed up because it’s affected the whole industry and album release rollouts so much. it’s so ridiculous and annoying just as a fan, i can’t even imagine as an artist. i agree, they really should change the rules again but come up with something so there aren’t any loopholes

the biggest artists were cheating and forced billboard to adjust the rules to stop it, which is already going to affect turnover. and then now those same big artists are the ones pressing millions of vinyl and overwhelming the pressing plants, which makes turnover time for everyone else even longer. i love taylor but i am especially looking at her

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Before the new rule that's how it used to work but I don't know how they managed the cancellations tho :um2:

Maybe that's why they changed it :thumb2:

giphy.gif