Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

also this would’ve been my first guess too, it’s very lana but ABRA is also a writer on it 😭

not on the production :oic2:

Spoiler

yeah it's over it's something else... or is it :toofloppy:

Just now, Big Star said:

i mean boz said writer credits count for samples and if that's any indication then the track is solely produced by Tommy :wub:

yeah but none of the producers on World Vision are writers on that album, all of the actual writing was done only by Tommy and the artists she featured, so if Lana sampled a song that Tommy didn’t produce herself, the producer still wouldn’t need to be credited on Lana’s song because they didn’t write it. even if Lana like stole a couple stems from the original song, the producer still wouldn’t need to be credited i don’t believe :trisha: i think Peppers is the song i’m most curious about on this album, we know so much about it but it’s still such a mystery. i just really don’t want the sample to be Hate Demon 😭😭 i’m looking for any reason for it not to be

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i just really don’t want the sample to be Hate Demon 😭😭 i’m looking for any reason for it not to be

same but either way there's additional production on top of it

16 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Jan 22nd, Lunar new year & 2 months/2 days until ocean blvd drop..

today wouldve been a prime date for the 2nd single :crying4: 

i wish mother would seize this opportunity

Wait I just read what u wrote so I checked my calendar to guess when she's gonna release

Charlie's birthday is a Friday (March 3rd)

The grants is coming March 3rd Confirmed :oprah4:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

so what i’ve gathered about crediting samples/interpolations

• all writers of the song that’s being sampled need to be credited

• producers of the song that’s being sampled don’t need to be credited at all unless like a huge portion of the beat is sampled untouched too (which i don’t think is the case)

• producers also don’t need to be credited even if a few stems are taken and used in the song that’s doing the sampling. an example of this happening is how many musicians have been using stems from SOPHIE’s pack recently (which are all taken directly from songs on her album Product), building entire songs around them, but SOPHIE still isn’t listed as a writer or producer or anything

so looking at that, we can come to the conclusion again that every song besides HLWWLTS is fair game for being the sample in Peppers, it’s likely we won’t even be able to tell once the full producer credits do come out because producers don’t really matter in this scheme of things

idk i just really think it’s Execute, we know from one of the insiders that Peppers sounds very similar to the track it’s sampling and it’s the only song on World Vision besides HLWWLTS (which is off the table) that really sounds like it could work well as a Lana song in that way imo :trisha:

3 minutes ago, ruined said:

Wait I just read what u wrote so I checked my calendar to guess when she's gonna release

Charlie's birthday is a Friday (March 3rd)

The grants is coming March 3rd Confirmed :oprah4:

Charlie is the 3rd child of Rob

Rob has 3 children

Charlie's birthday is March 3rd which is a friday

So the Grants is coming March 3rd as the 3rd single 

It all makes sense :true:

Boz implied she just sings over the SYML track but we don't know if they'll add more stuff (we'll know it with the production credits).

As for the other tracks since the duration is similar it might be the same case or just a coincidence. 

I think both boz and Kintsugi said the samples were not that obvious so I doubt it's just karaoke-like :um2:

And since Tommy is credited as a writer (and a feature) it's either a self produced song and she just took the base or she actually has vocals and it could be any self written track from that album.

So many questions for the culture  :thumb2:

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Boz implied she just sings over the SYML track but we don't know if they'll add more stuff (we'll know it with the production credits).

I don't think lana is lazy enough to do something like that, if that's the case, we're most likely facing Blue Banisters 2.0, another mediocre album :wtf3:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

1 hour ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Hey, What was the name of that Canadian shop that sold the Blue Banisters CD like a week earlier because they were sent an email from “UMG & Ben” - Sunny something? Meadow??

Sunrise Records 

1 minute ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

I don't think lana is lazy enough to do something like that, if that's the case, we're most likely facing Blue Banisters 2.0, another mediocre album :wtf3:

Respectfully, she's never done something like this on any of her studio albums so I don't think it means anything regarding a Blue Banisters 2.0

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Respectfully, she's never done something like this on any of her studio albums so I don't think it means anything regarding a Blue Banisters 2.0

amen sis :trisha:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

9 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

Really? I think she’s PERFECTLY lazy enough to do something like that :wtf3:

Guess who's glad they've never listened to any of these upcoming samples so they can pretend Lana just made it up :hottie:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

I can see her listening to the song one day randomly and unintentionally singing over it and then decided to use it cause she loved what came out of it :thumb2:

But I do think we're getting more stuff besides his track as production.

And BB was great :krylie:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Guess who's glad they've never listened to any of these upcoming samples so they can pretend Lana just made it up :hottie:

Omg same it feels so good and completely new :lange:

i do have a feeling most of this album is going to be reminiscent of Blue Banisters but in a much more refined and artistically understood and intentional way, like it’s going to be what Blue Banisters was trying to be. even if Paris Texas is just Lana is just singing over the SYML track i wouldn’t consider it lazy at all, that alone is already 2x more interesting than the piano arrangements on BB, most of which sound like they were composed by someone who started learning the instrument a month before tracking

although based on the descriptions from the insiders, it does seem like some new elements were added to the song anyway

Just now, lilac heaven said:

i do have a feeling most of this album is going to be reminiscent of Blue Banisters but in a much more refined and artistically understood and intentional way, like it’s going to be what Blue Banisters was trying to be. even if Paris Texas is just Lana is just singing over the SYML track i wouldn’t consider it lazy at all, that alone is already 2x more interesting than the piano arrangements on BB that most of which sound like they were composed by someone who started learning the instrument a month before tracking

Agreed, this album is shaping up to be what I expected and wanted Blue Banisters to be. A little deeper and more refined

8 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Agreed, this album is shaping up to be what I expected and wanted Blue Banisters to be. A little deeper and more refined

Blue Banisters definitely seems like a layover between Chemtrails and Ocean Blvd where she was figuring out where she wanted to go next and how to go about it, similarly to how the latter third of Lust for Life felt like the step between her previous work and NFR