Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

24 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

She’s punishing us for pretty much discovering the tracklist on our own :eek3: like I think she made it as random as possible so it would come as a surprise but we managed to discover even the weird long acronym :shh2:

My bad :hottie:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

What song do we think will be more of a bop: Fishtail or Peppers? :lolliney:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

it’s crazy how many samples are being used on this album :hdu: and i’m assuming their use is more in length than like the samples used on BTD so we haven’t really heard her do this style of music before :excited: and for there to be so many of them like who/what made her get so into it? was it jack donoghue? :hawt:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

1 minute ago, pin up galore said:

it’s crazy how many samples are being used on this album :hdu: and i’m assuming their use is more in length than like the samples used on BTD so we haven’t really heard her do this style of music before :excited: and for there to be so many of them like who/what made her get so into it? was it jack donoghue? :hawt:

I think her being with Jack and being so hurt by Sean created the spark in her we've seen in UV, Honeymoon, Norman, etc

54 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

i don’t believe the samples besides maybe the Tommy one are like classic samples when you think of them (like the Emile Haynie ones); my biggest problem with Blue Banisters in my opinion was that the piano compositions were too simple with how far into her career she is and how many resources she has, and i was wishing she would work with actual pianists to give the arrangements some more flair, and i think she actually might’ve been in the same boat as me… i can see her listening to piano music and just deciding to write over the tracks she loved, or even intentionally seeking out tracks to write over

i’ve seen people complaining that the album has so many samples but they really aren’t different than any other producer or co-writer laying down chords and lana writing on top of them, like there’s not much of a difference from what Rick and Jack would do for her besides the fact that these piano compositions already existed

i am really curious if Taco Track just interpolates Venice Bitch similarly to how Wild at Heart interpolates How to Disappear and how High By the Beach interpolates Put Me in a Movie, or if she actually used the original vocal take from Venice Bitch in the song and just played around with it again

the way i manifested it :trisha: not just jazz musicians but bringing actual pianists on board too

41162-FE9-7-C67-43-D9-94-E9-1-CDA3-C93-E

it reminds me of how Joni Mitchell started working with jazz artists in the mid-70s because their musical way of thinking was the only way her songs were brought to life how she wanted them and she was frustrated with the normal session musicians who couldn’t figure out how to make the chords she had written actually work in a song

59 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think her being with Jack and being so hurt by Sean created the spark in her we've seen in UV, Honeymoon, Norman, etc

I actually think her relationship with Mike was really important for this album. Sean also seems to have inspired at least some of it, but Mike helped with like 5 of the songs. His involvement on this album in general is really interesting, since Mike has never had any songwriting or producing credits that I could find. He seems to mainly work as a movie director. 

Not sure if someone already pointed this out but I just noticed that on the Apple Music and iTunes album covers RIOPY is actually listed with the other features now. I wonder why the initial album cover that Lana posted didn’t have him listed. 

600x600bf-60.jpg

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

Not sure if someone already pointed this out but I just noticed that on the Apple Music and iTunes album covers RIOPY is actually listed with the other features now. I wonder why the initial album cover that Lana posted didn’t have him listed. 

i was just going to post this but i couldn't figure out how to insert a photo lol. considering gpsots seems to be a pivotal moment in the album, i'm it was updated to credit riopy

1 minute ago, Mariners Apt said:

i was just going to post this but i couldn't figure out how to insert a photo lol. considering gpsots seems to be a pivotal moment in the album, i'm it was updated to credit riopy

Just edited my post to include a photo. Poor AK just got left out lol. 

2 minutes ago, Mariners Apt said:

I keep reading this as g-spots which only adds to the heightened sexually liberating themes of this record and it fits so perfectly :trisha:

4 minutes ago, Fever said:

i hope we'll get another demo version of a song on vinyl like fiily on nfr. 

every single vinyl since lfl we’ve gotten a demo/alt version (i count cocc because natwwal was listed as wanderlust and for all we know the version that we got is the same as the nfr version) so it’s likely that we can get a diff version on the album!

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

every single vinyl since lfl we’ve gotten a demo/alt version (i count cocc because natwwal was listed as wanderlust and for all we know the version that we got is the same as the nfr version) so it’s likely that we can get a diff version on the album!

it's like getting two versions of a song on a release love it 

UV/Honeymoon

15 minutes ago, paris texas said:

i have a slight feeling that either RIOPY or someone from RIOPY's team wanted additional recognition but AK never asked for that

my first instinct was that ak's sample is considerably less prominent than the others but the insiders gave the impression they're all subtle so i think you're probably right