Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

On 1/24/2023 at 4:42 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

me 1 hour and 17 minutes after the album is released

azealia-banks-so-what-now.gif

She'll say she's already nearly done with the next one, out mid summer, but then inevitably delayed to Jan 2024

azealia-banks-so-what-now.gif

5 minutes ago, baddisease said:

We've gotten so much and we're getting a new album soon and it's not enough?

no:judgingu4:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

On release I’m gonna roll a joint, hopefully have my place to myself if not get an AirBnB, put my phone on Do Not Disturb, and just bask. Maybe sit back with a notebook to write in upon third or fourth listen.

i really really REALLY think lana should take a break after this album, each era she's doing less and less stuff, she's clearly fed up with the "popstar" life. i think a short hiatus would really be beneficial to re-spark her joy in things like touring and filming music videos

by the look of that magazine cover and the magazine itself... it feels like lana isn't involved at all with it, there would be a quote on the cover or pictures from an exclusive shoot, nothing really exciting as usual :cuteface:

22 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I would need her to do livestreams on a regular basis like 1 every 2 weeks, in which  she would talk with fans and talk about the process of LDR9 + announce a tour or some shit, release a music video for the title track, do interviews with magazines and radio shows, announce the release of her next poetry collection, reveal a dope merch for the album, and maybe I would finally be satisfied- but I'm not quite sure :oic2:

2 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

I would need her to do livestreams on a regular basis like 1 every 2 weeks, in which  she would talk with fans and talk about the process of LDR9 + announce a tour or some shit, release a music video for the title track, do interviews with magazines and radio shows, announce the release of her next poetry collection, reveal a dope merch for the album, and maybe I would finally be satisfied- but I'm not quite sure :oic2:

oh… you are wanting WAYYY too much tbh

53 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Do we know what time the album is being released ? I’m seen some replies regarding that, but nothing exact. I’m caught up about the magazine though lol 

It’s at midnight, local time. 

10 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i really really REALLY think lana should take a break after this album, each era she's doing less and less stuff, she's clearly fed up with the "popstar" life. i think a short hiatus would really be beneficial to re-spark her joy in things like touring and filming music videos

But why does she need to re-spark that joy? Obviously I would love a tour and music videos if we got them but the music will always be the only truly important aspect and if she keeps delivering constant quality like she has been her whole career I can't imagine insisting that she should become more of a popstar. Clearly that's not what makes her happy so I personally don't really care if she never returns to touring and big music videos if she doesn't enjoy those things.

19 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

I don't think it works this way, if anything she's been on a break for a while focusing on her music, doing a few country concerts here and there, promoting her first poetry book etc

14 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

well, I’ll leave it to her to take a break if she wants to :true: I’m saying this again, but her Annie Mac interview for COCC made me believe for sure that she’d take one after COCC… need i say more? :agree:
I like a good MV for sure. 
As for a tour…. I don’t know. Her live performances often are uneven: some nights, she is phenomenal and some others, she is a bit off :agree: Unless there are lot of surprises on her next set list, I don’t crave for a tour (and those often make the process of a new album take longer :thumb3:). i love Lana most of all for her music. As long as the album covers are great, I wont complain. I also love magazine interviews and photoshoots: there is something very « old Hollywood » about her a star, in 2023, promoting her art through those. 

48 minutes ago, baddisease said:

80% of these "so much" isn't even from Lana herself but from insiders trying to keep the era at least somehow entertaining :candy:

what has this woman ever done for y’all to expect so much from her :rip: i would rather have a new album every year and a half with zero promotion than for her to take a break just to film some music videos i’ll watch twice and sing decade old songs on a tour with awkward background dancers and expensive tickets that i probably wouldn’t even be able to get anyway

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

80% of these "so much" isn't even from Lana herself but from insiders trying to keep the era at least somehow entertaining :candy:

It’s true that January has been dry :agree: promo wise with the album. 

In two days, Lana will perform a quickie live set for her fans via the Empire of Lounge youtube channel, similar to the NFR promo she filmed in Jack's studio in October 2018.

idk about y’all but my goal in life is to simply not work… now i personally don’t have any talents that would allow me to ever reach that point but if you were like lana and did reach the point where you had more than enough money to live luxuriously for the rest of your life without doing anything, and the music you released spoke for itself, why would you still want to continue working so much and doing so much ridiculous promotion? :rip: it’s underwhelming as a fan but i would do the same thing 😭

Honestly, I’d rather hear what Lana’s most recent thoughts are in song-form every 14-15 months than have glossy visuals, extravagant tours, and fluff that doesn’t have to do with the music. It’s great if she does those things, but they’re not necessary for me to stay engaged as a fan.

I want to know about her karmic family lineage and all of the deepest, darkest thoughts she’s willing to share! But I don’t need to have Lana serve a look in Gucci on the cover of V Magazine (but again, she’s more than welcome to 💅).