Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

People talk about the lack of visuals, but DYK has the best album photoshoot and concept since Honeymoon... Relax. Taylor announced Midnights in August and the only thing she was doing before the album release in late October was revealing the song titles on Tiktok. It's not March yet and we may have something by then. :sideeye:

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Sure, Lana doesn't "owe fans anything" or whatever that fucking means lmao. No one is saying she owes anyone anything, however, it's not crazy for fans to want her to be clearer and professional and want her to do things pretty much every single artist does. People who are even more private than Lana still do interviews and go on tours.  My mom works in the music industry and knows people who have worked with Lana and they said she was always changing her mind and backing out of things (they said they love her though and that she's very nice:kiss3:) Lana is extremely messy when it comes to her career and I hate people who have this high and mighty attitude acting like they are better than other fans who want a proper era and would like Lana to do more than drop an album every year or so. Lana's entire career was basically launched because she had great aesthetics, and while the music was also great, I don't think she would've been the Lana Del Rey she is today without her aesthetics. Music videos, photoshoots, performances can really add a lot to an album and i'm not surprised the last few eras haven fallen flat for a lot of people because there has been a lack of those things. Her delaying the album and then never reposting the post about the delay is literally the laziest thing she could do. This is probably my question for the culture moment, but it is something that bothers me, and I needed to speak on it lol. Lana can do whatever tf she wants but it is not surprising to me that her lack of any type of promo bothers people!:typewriter:

Agree 100% and even before BTD she was making her own visuals and they were obviously very important to her otherwise she wouldn't have spent time putting them together 

I see people saying that we're lucky with how much music she puts out, and we definitely are, but the thing is she's always writing music, this isn't just a job to her, music is her life and releasing the music in albums is just convenient to making her money after all these years. Like she said, if it wasn't for her label she would just release music digitally constantly 

So releasing some type of visual shouldn't be "asking too much of her" because she is capable of doing it and if she's continuing with a big label then its not that weird to expect it lol

Can't wait for the official announcements in the upcoming weeks:

- tour/festivals 

- interviews with Mojo, Pitchfork and Interview Magazine

- box set, merch

- album trailer

- MV of the lead single

- live performances at Corden, Colbert and SNL

- second single on release day along with a MV + radio impact

- going around LA with a taco truck for promotion

:true:

last thing i’m saying on this but, it’s literally not lana’s job to do any promotion, it’s her job to fulfill her contracts. in order to do that before, yes, she did need to do the promotion she used to, but she reached the point where she doesn’t need to do that anymore, so if she doesn’t want to there’s not much of a reason to. again yes it’s underwhelming as a fan but it’s not some crazy thing or something hard to understand from her pov. not to be cheesy with the lyrics lol but again she’s said it herself

Why work so hard when you could just be free? You’ve got your money now, you’ve got your legacy

2 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I wonder if DYK will be a cohesive sounding album like COCC.

I believe Kintsugi gave the album an 8/10 and said that it isn't exactly cohesive but it's still an amazing album

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I wonder if DYK will be a cohesive sounding album like COCC.

I honestly don’t think so. COCC and HM are her most cohesive… but COCC feels like it happened by accident, because she did say she wanted to add a little something else to switch things up (Dealer), and the pandemic made it hard to write / compose with Jack. So I almost see COCC as « this what we had so far ». 
Tunnel seems to be more diverse already, from what the insiders told us. 

11 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I hope The Grants is her saddest song ever and makes me cry

I can't get a read on whether The Grants will be extremely sad/angry, or very sweet/extension of the vibes of Sweet Carolina

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

15 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I hope The Grants is her saddest song ever and makes me cry

It's so mysterious that we know nothing about it

Is it a sad song?

Is it a sweet carolina type of song?

Is it a sassy unapologetic song about the grants?

Is it a karmic lineage subject song?

Is it about patty giving the grants a hard time cuz of her personal problems with lana?

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

8 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I can't get a read on whether The Grants will be extremely sad/angry, or very sweet/extension of the vibes of Sweet Carolina

I think it'll be a bit of both, a very all-encompassing exploration of the family dynamic.

5 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I've been stalking this site for about a month... Anyway, here's my prediction ranking for ocean blvd (and what color I associate each one with).

1. Kintsugi
2. Fingertips
3. Candy Necklace
4. Sweet
5. A&W
6. Fishtail
7. The Grants

8. Margaret
9. Taco Truck x VB

10. DYKTTATUOB
11. GPSOTSOMFWHDSF
12. Paris, Texas
13. Let The Light In
14. Peppers

He's one of us @littleredpartydress @paris texas! #FingertipsTruthers

R.313f9c882a6d6d6697d0c181fde36969?rik=P

17 minutes ago, ruined said:

It's so mysterious that we know nothing about it

Is it a sad song?

Is it a sweet carolina type of song?

Is it a sassy unapologetic song about the grants?

Is it a karmic lineage subject song?

Is it about patty giving the grants a hard time cuz of her personal problems with lana?

"Weddings! Funerals!"

In my mind, The Grants is a mix of the first 30-ish seconds of the NFR title track, Sweet Carolina, and Carole King's Tapestry title track (which I've mentioned before). A piano-based track, but strong and representative of who Lana is as a whole. I feel like it's going to be kind of a theme statement. 

imageproxy.jpg

The only songs I even have an idea of how they’ll sound is the one with the samples..and even those might not be that accurate because she might change things about them. I think orchestra is going to be a major focus on this album, possibly even more than her previous records 

"Don’t forget me"

Guys pls break out your candles, break out that pen and paper, START MANIFESTING a single in the coming weeks!!! Lana can hear your prayers if they're loud enough!!Buy Lana Del Rey Celebrity Parody Devotional Prayer Candle Online at Lowest  Price in Ubuy Hungary. B08KGHFCRS

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden