Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I’m really mad now because some random Italians will be dragged because y’all are delusional. Neither the page nor Lana ever promised or suggested anything other than what we received. 

6 minutes ago, fishtails said:

Seems like they're removing any negative comments from the post :hillary:

I feel bad that people are giving them are hard time about the article on their page. Sure, it would’ve been beneficial on both ends for them to clarify it wouldn’t be an interview/review to those asking in the comments, but at the same time we had no reason to expect that coming from such a small unknown publication - especially since Lana herself noted in the comments that she didn’t know what would be said in the article. I think fans just got their hopes up too high since we don’t know too much about the record from elsewhere, and were just blinded by the hopefulness that there would be new information shared.

It’s a fine article to inform people about Lana and the record who aren’t super-fans, but we really shouldn’t have expected anything more. So, please don’t send hate directly their way, it’s sort of undeserved. Complain here, sure, but I feel like subjecting them to negative comments won’t help much x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

I feel bad that people are giving them are hard time about the article on their page. Sure, it would’ve been beneficial on both ends for them to clarify it wouldn’t be an interview/review to those asking in the comments, but at the same time we had no reason to expect that coming from such a small unknown publication - especially since Lana herself noted in the comments she didn’t know what would be said. I think people just got their hopes too high since we don’t know too much about the record from elsewhere, and were just blinded by the hopefulness that there would be new information shared.

It’s a fine article to inform people about Lana and the record who aren’t super-fans, but we really shouldn’t have expected anything more. So, please don’t send hate directly their way, it’s sort of undeserved. Complain here, sure, but I feel like subjecting them to negative feedback won’t help much x

I agree, I definitely don't blame them for removing those comments and I honestly kind of feel bad for them 

I left a nice comment to hopefully balance things out and its still a positive article about her...if they had just posted without hyping it up I do think everyone would have been able to focus on that instead of building it up into something bigger 

4 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I’m really mad now because some random Italians will be dragged because y’all are delusional. Neither the page nor Lana ever promised or suggested anything other than what we received. 

I agree they don’t deserve too much slander (as it is apparent they are a novice “publication”) and definitely don’t deserve mean comments, but their advertising of the article was highly misleading…. The way in which they teased an article implied they had new information, which they did not - they had literally nothing to say 

I guess this is how the industry works when you’re a small zine trying to get publicity but it’s still misleading and that does merit criticism (imo)

7 minutes ago, Jimtheman said:

I agree they don’t deserve too much slander (as it is apparent they are a novice “publication”) and definitely don’t deserve mean comments, but their advertising of the article was highly misleading…. The way in which they teased an article implied they had new information, which they did not - they had literally nothing to say 

I guess this is how the industry works when you’re a small zine trying to get publicity but it’s still misleading and that does merit criticism (imo)

Again, I just feel like people shouldn’t have found reason to expect so much? :toofunny:

All that was said in their post announcing the article was “don’t miss the article on Lana Del Rey’s new album” which I feel like didn’t imply an interview/new info. What I personally expected is exactly what it was - a brief of what we already know. Plus, why would they have had new information anyway from being a small publication that Lana didn’t even know about?

Idk I just feel sort of bad that some disgruntled fans are going to attack them for the article in the comments when I really feel like it’s not deserved.

I know tensions are a lil high right now since we don’t have a lot of info at the moment (and we actually know more than we should because of insiders) but I feel like a random small IG magazine is the wrong place to direct our frustrations towards x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

Again, I just feel like people shouldn’t have found reason to expect so much? :toofunny:

All that was said in their post announcing the article was “don’t miss the article on Lana Del Rey’s new album” which I feel like didn’t imply an interview/new info. What I personally expected is exactly what it was - a brief of what we already know. Plus, why would they have had new information anyway from being a small publication that Lana didn’t even know about?

Idk I just feel sort of bad that some disgruntled fans are going to attack them for the article in the comments when I really feel like it’s not deserved x

Yeah I definitely agree it was highly unlikely it was going to have genuinely new info

For what it’s worth I’ve never seen this thread so active at 9.30am UK time…. The article has brought us together and for that we have Empire of Lounge to thank 

7 minutes ago, Elle said:

Idk I just feel sort of bad that some disgruntled fans are going to attack them for the article in the comments when I really feel like it’s not deserved.

I know tensions are a lil high right now since we don’t have a lot of info at the moment (and we actually know more than we should because of insiders) but I feel like a random small IG magazine is the wrong place to direct our frustrations towards x

Preach! Let’s send EoL some love :kiss:

this slide gave me a heart attack i thought they were gonna mention QFTC

83843-CE4-0-CA7-4-B64-B140-3-DD856026-FB

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ