Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

If she didn’t care she wouldn’t put out vinyl variants. Be serious. She’s always been proud of her numbers, are you a new fan?

Calm doen.

I just said that it doesn't seem to be a top priority for her. I'm also pretty confident that all the viarants are either a) for the fans, b) something from her label since it's an easy way to make money with the vinyl resurgence in past years.

8 minutes ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

Y’all acting as if you can’t preserve mystique AND ALSO BE SUCCESSFUL. Tf.

With her streaming above the likes of Billie and Ariana freaking Grande, she should be selling 100k. Easily. It’s just that the new music isn’t being marketed. At all. Or at least not in the right ways.

I believe, she wants to follow her path and doing it her way and the change the things fundamentally in her way and pave the road for the next artist. Different with another perspective, but staying in the mainstream industry (and definitely shaping it)

3 minutes ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

If she didn’t care she wouldn’t put out vinyl variants. Be serious. She’s always been proud of her numbers, are you a new fan?

Sit your ass down. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

the label cares about vinyl variants and they know her stans will always get them so that's why we have multiple variants now :xgiggle: lana does cares about recognition, but she said herself she actually wishes she could just digitally drop the albums

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, West Coast said:

It's not that, it's just that we feel as though Lana doesn't care about charting to a certain extent. 

oh my god charting isn’t the only thing that determines an album’s success, and doesn’t have to be the main focus. cocc era, she literally broke records in vinyl sales, but cocc barely charted. charting doesn’t matter lol

39 minutes ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

She's on a record label, she's definitely not the one deciding on the amount of vinyl variants. I'm sure she's just deciding on the visual aspect of it or just posing for pictures and letting her team do the rest

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

oh my god charting isn’t the only thing that determines an album’s success, and doesn’t have to be the main focus. cocc era, she literally broke records in vinyl sales, but cocc barely charted. charting doesn’t matter lol

where did I say that it did matter? :scoff:

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

What do we think taco truck x VB will sound like? I’m thinking a nice and fast dream pop song that has shoegaze and art pop textures towards the end :trisha:

I think it’ll be it’s own song but I’m guessing she’ll sample the “ooh ahh ah ah signing off bang bang kiss kiss” part as the outro

Just now, West Coast said:

where did I say that it did matter? :scoff:

you just said that she doesn’t care about charting… so you’re insinuating that it does matter. if it didn’t matter, then there wouldn’t be an issue with her not caring about charting :scoff:

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

What do we think taco truck x VB will sound like? I’m thinking a nice and fast dream pop song that has shoegaze and art pop textures towards the end :trisha:

I think it's going to be similar to FIILY as in midtempo to fast paced.

I wonder if the VB part is the outro or if it's going to be present throughout... the fact that's literally in the title makes me think it's going to be a big part of the song :um2:

giphy.gif

It looks like DYKTTATUOB is going to be successful with numbers of the good reviews, articles, play counts, on our music players, on prominent web sites and on good books/magazines. The numbers on the charts are going to be complimentary “at this rate” :legend:

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

you just said that she doesn’t care about charting… so you’re insinuating that it does matter. if it didn’t matter, then there wouldn’t be an issue with her not caring about charting :scoff:

Nah read what I wrote, Lana not giving a fuck about charting is her prerogative and I love that for her. Charting isn't everything. :scoff:

Just now, West Coast said:

Nah read what I wrote, Lana not giving a fuck about charting is her prerogative and I love that for her. Charting isn't everything. :scoff:

I'm sure Interscope does not feel the same way.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

The title is giving soundcloud rapper

So I'm sure it's kinda a weird song (in a good way. Like bartender) and just amazing :agree:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

If you can't handle remaining on topic, then maybe you shouldn't be in the pre-release thread :coffee: This is to discuss the upcoming album. Not the past ones, whether that be sonically or on the charts. All this off topic discussion does is make it harder for the mods to keep the site in order. There are multiple other threads where you can discuss your other grievances. But, at least personally, I would really love it if I could come into this thread and actually talk about the album and not bullshit drama 

imageproxy.jpg