Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, plastiscguy said:

For some reason, Margaret gives me early 2000s vibes... I'm so so excited! :defeated:

As someone who doesn't mind Jack's voice, I feel open minded towards Margaret. I think it will be a really cute song! 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:

How about we put all this energy into finding iTunes snippets

This!

:hair:

EDIT:

Don’t know why this turned into a spoiler? I don’t think I hit it by mistake or anything.

EDIT MKII:

ITS A SIGN THE SNIPPETS ARE IMMINENT!!!

:godlaugh:

IMG-3521.jpg

Don't @ mods.

Use the report function. It's located on the top right hand corner of every post. 

Before you post, think this: 

"Is this related to Lana del Rey's upcoming release?"

and before you press 'Subit Reply' think this:

"Is this related to Lana del Rey's upcoming release?"

Post your bitchy replies, breakdowns and accusations in your statuses or in the RANDOM CONVERSATION THREAD. Or better yet, not at all. 

Also as an addition, don't quote and reply to this post moving forward. You can reply to this post in the RANDOM CONVERSATION thread! All you have to do is press 'Quote' and cut/copy the text over to the topic, and paste it in the reply. It will retain the original post formatting :)

3lfQEhw.png

8 minutes ago, arianaofthegrande said:

Want to be that one you miss
As you replay every touch that i did with my fingertips :hooker:

NEW INSIDER DROPPED?

ok but im really interested in fingertips, especially the piano sounding like the same type of piano from  kill kill, whats that piano called?

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Now it's time to reveal the Sweet/Candy Necklace single covers, Lana Banana! 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

53 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I’m angry. The songs are very conversational. For the first song, I pressed record and sang.

I think "The Grants" will be a career highlight tbh. In 10 years time, this album will become pivotal to pioneering the lyricism and sonics of the music of the 2020s, like Born To Die did with the 2010s. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

6 minutes ago, Mer said:

I think "The Grants" will be a career highlight tbh. In 10 years time, this album will become pivotal to pioneering the lyricism and sonics of the music of the 2020s, like Born To Die did with the 2010s. 

Exactly, I think she's found her next style of songwriting with the automated lyricism, and it will change the game and the next few albums of her career 

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

I think The Grants will be a career highlight tbh. In 10 years time, this album will become pivotal to pioneering the lyricism and sonics of the music of the 2020s, like Born To Die did with the 2010s. 

The full quote is actually "For the first song, I pressed record and sang, “When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.”", so I assume she was talking about Fingertips and meant 'first song' as in 'first song I recorded' rather than the tracklist. Other than that I fully agree with you! She's always been into beat poetry and she seems to have finally found a way to merge it with her music.

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Exactly, I think she's found her next style of songwriting with the automated lyricism, and it will change the game and the next few albums of her career 

I think it will change the game for other artists too tbh. I see a lot more confessional song writing from the main pop girls post-Did You Know!

Just now, World At War said:

The full quote is actually "For the first song, I pressed record and sang, “When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.”", so I assume she was talking about Fingertips and meant 'first song' as in 'first song I recorded' rather than the tracklist. Other than that I fully agree with you! She's always been into beat poetry and she seems to have finally found a way to merge it with her music.

Oh! I didn't realize this, thanks for sharing the full context! 

2 minutes ago, imbennett said:

when i imagine what the "automated songwriting" is, i think of "downatthemeninmusicBUSINESSconferencee" which i'm not NOT here for

honestly this would be ideal for me i would love if we got another downatthemeninmusicbusinessconference ifyouheardiwasoutinthebarsdrinkingjackandcokegoincrazyforanyonewhowouldlistentomystoriesbabe moment :oprah3:

sUcVobB.png

12 minutes ago, imbennett said:

when i imagine what the "automated songwriting" is, i think of "downatthemeninmusicBUSINESSconferencee" which i'm not NOT here for

omg it's such an ear worm tho! I would love more of those really catchy, kinda campy, moments on Did You Know. I found them sorely missing on large chunks of Blue Banisters

edit: sorry ma'am I did NOT (1x) see the double negative 

Edited by Mer

13 minutes ago, imbennett said:

i would not NOT be here for some "automated singing" :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I wonder if the picture she posted doing her hair is from the Billboard shot or some MV.

It has the same energy as the A&W post :creepna2:

She also follows all those girls so they seem from her closer team rather than whoever was in charge of styling for the cover (even though sometimes her team is the one styling her for non albums shoots too).

Either way I'm happy cause we're finally getting stuff and Lana seems excited :krylie:

giphy.gif

idk if this has been discussed but how does everything think taco truck will sample vb?? i feel like she'll use the instrumental outro of vb and add vocals over it sort of like how she did in wild at heart sampling htd. but also it could be a lyrical sample or use the other parts of the instrumental