Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I had a dream about Lana releasing a&w/fingertips.

a&w sampled Kill Bill by SZA and the campness made me giggle. :smile3:

Fingertips was the best thing ever, chaotic but very refined, a few lines with only piano alternating with lines that had the fullest instrumental sounds ever, very string heavy and unconventional percussion.

today a user made a thread "songs you associate with their album covers" & it got me thinking, I wonder which song(s) off the upcoming album will match with the standard cover most - so far we know it's a 1960s film reference, she seems to be in her bedroom which is intimate & she looks quite serious in it, not happy but also not quite sad/mad either.. maybe contemplative?  With the very short lyrical snippet/song description we've gotten with Fingertips, I can imagine it fitting quite well 

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Did_You_Know_That_There's_a_Tunnel_Under_Ocean_Blvd.png

1 hour ago, LanasDealer said:

idk if this has been discussed but how does everything think taco truck will sample vb?? i feel like she'll use the instrumental outro of vb and add vocals over it sort of like how she did in wild at heart sampling htd. but also it could be a lyrical sample or use the other parts of the instrumental

I imagine it's something in the outro of Taco Truck, like maybe those dreamy instrumental streaks fading out somehow. Just because BoZ said something along the lines of the album being about places as opposed to colors, so like one ride, the end is her setting off in the horizon (which is what VB has always felt like). Idk if i'm making sense lol

I really love the melody of "if you weren't mine i'd be..." bit in VB, would love to her that interpolated somewhere

Just now, burthday kake said:

today a user made a thread "songs you associate with their album covers" & it got me thinking, I wonder which song off the upcoming album will match with the standard cover most - so far we know it's a 1960s film reference, she seems to be in her bedroom which is intimiate & she looks quite serious in it, not happy but also not quite sad/mad either.. maybe contemplative?  With the very short lyrical snippet/song description we've gotten with Fingertips, I can imagine it fitting quite well 

I'm betting on Grandfather or Paris, Texas. Sidenote, this has to be one of my favorite covers if not my favorite. 

8V7Yvel.png

33 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

today a user made a thread "songs you associate with their album covers" & it got me thinking, I wonder which song(s) off the upcoming album will match with the standard cover most - so far we know it's a 1960s film reference, she seems to be in her bedroom which is intimate & she looks quite serious in it, not happy but also not quite sad/mad either.. maybe contemplative?  With the very short lyrical snippet/song description we've gotten with Fingertips, I can imagine it fitting quite well 

Both the title track and Peppers (a song that we know is gonna make us shake our asses according to insiders so it's very different from the title track) match with all of the covers (at lease to me)

Two completely different songs

That just means she's a genius :true:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

13 minutes ago, Morissetteus said:

I imagine, the automatic singing by Lana could sound like this and I can’t wait for it! This song is by Alanis, she sings like she is talking, sometimes breathless, without rhymes. I love it. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZwGdRs2rM

Oh this is good, thx for the song. Somehow I never listened to anything else from her except for the debut album. Gonna check this.

On 1/23/2023 at 12:13 PM, fishtails said:

Since there are 8 weeks to wait (9 if you count release week) this is the perfect time to start listening to one album every week until Ocean Blvd is out! :smile:

There's even room for AKA or Violet (or both if you group BTD and Paradise together lol)

To do all of them I'm thinking I might do this:

This week: AKA

Jan. 30th - Born to Die/Paradise

Feb. 6th - Ultraviolence 

Feb. 13th - Honeymoon

Feb. 20th - Lust for Life

Feb. 27th - Norman Fucking Rockwell 

March 6th - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

March 13th - Chemtrails Over the Country Club 

March 20th (release week) - Blue Banisters

Or I might skip Violet and give Paradise its own week idk 

Just a reminder that if you are also listening to every album leading up to release day, it's now week 2! 

So I'll be listening to Born To Die and Paradise this week :dance:

20 minutes ago, fishtails said:

Just a reminder that if you are also listening to every album leading up to release day, it's now week 2! 

So I'll be listening to Born To Die and Paradise this week :dance:

omg i can't believe i missed the first week somehow after thinking of doing this for a while now :crai: definitely joining in from now on!

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, burthday kake said:

The album cover is giving "Kintsugi" vibes. It's track 8 out of sixteen. The lyrics we know cover grief, fragility, beauty, her lineage, and searching for guidance. It seems to be the heart of the record imo

Fingertips works as well

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, burthday kake said:

honestly, i think it might end up being the title track for me. as i’ve said a lot, the theme of this whole album from what we know of the music, what we’ve heard from insiders, what lana said in her letter, and the visuals, seems to be intimacy in the form of raw and unfiltered vulnerability, and the title track encapsulates that perfectly to me. i just recently switched from apple music to spotify and it’s been weird looking at the single cover while listening to Ocean Blvd instead of the album cover

I assume the overall sound will not be in the tranquil COCC-BB mode of the COCC title track, 'WD,' 'Not All Who Wander,' 'Arcadia,' 'VFR,' 'Sweet Carolina,' etc. I enjoyed all of those songs, but would really like to hear something completely new and dynamic, something with more of a pulse, and some beats. 

The comments from the major insiders have led me/us to believe that we're in for something completely unanticipated and unprecedented. Hurrah. I welcome that. I hope that the title track is the only song in that mode. 

I love a lot of albums when artists have broken with their former, signature sound, like Joni Mitchell's 'The Hissing of Summer Lawns,' Marianne Faithfull's 'Broken English,' Nico's 'Drama of Exile,' and Kate Bush's 'The Dreaming' and 'Hounds of Love.' Rayland Baxter did it last year with his 'If I Were a Butterfly' trip hop album. 

So if Lana is serving something completely new, wonderful. 

2 hours ago, burthday kake said:

cover would fit to Kintsugi or Fingertips. both of them gives me really vulnerable, fragile, intimate vibes, kinda autobiographical like could be use in old-fashioned tribute movie 

patiently awaiting miss Lana's next IG post this week which will inevitably be something juicy either about the billboard shoot/mag, the women in music award or the next upcoming singlesunakook-monkey.gif or it could end up being a random story post of a pretty wallpaper she likes or her wishing a friend a happy wedding anniversary