Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

The “automatic singing” she’s been talking about has already been 😬 for me, I don’t love how she’s just adding random trap beats to otherwise regular acoustic guitar/ piano songs and calling it “experimental” and i really hate “karmic lineage”:crai: the phrase itself and the way she uses it as a theme in her lyrics is very bland and annoying to me. However I hope I’m proved wrong and this truly is a great album because I love Lana and want to support her and love her music:crying4:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I think most of the songs will have some sort of build up or change, so even if you don't like the track overall I think there will be something about each track someone will like 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

The “automatic singing” she’s been talking about has already been 😬 for me, I don’t love how she’s just adding random trap beats to otherwise regular acoustic guitar/ piano songs and calling it “experimental” and i really hate “karmic lineage”:crai: the phrase itself and the way she uses it as a theme in her lyrics is very bland and annoying to me. However I hope I’m proved wrong and this truly is a great album because I love Lana and want to support her and love her music:crying4:

girl, just wait for the album to come out :pls:

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

My hype has died down so much since the tracklist release:crai: idk I just feel like I will never be a “new Lana” fan even though my favorite album is NFR

you don’t like the tracklist but changed your @ to the possibly worst song title ever ? :rip:

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I understand your criticism and I hope the album works for you :kiss2:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

We already have another @tacotruck:eek:

That’s fine. Keep it. I guess it’s ironic since you hate “new Lana” whatever that means.

I’ll keep BoDaToe. It’s camp and iconic. Unlike you and your taste

I have a feeling that A&W isn’t just experimental for including trap beats—BoZ knows Lana’s used them before, so there’s likely something else that makes A&W “unprecedented” is her discography! 

Also, how do we know TUOB was one of the “automatic singing” tracks? I may have missed it if it was in an interview/post or something!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Ok, let's stop attacking people for no reason. @taco truck listed valid concerns about the upcoming record, they aren't blindly hating unlike that anime character who lives in his mother's basement.

26 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

oh i love change don’t get me wrong but its a simple, gorgeous, slow piano ballad so another track being even sparser AND slower ? how ? :deadbanana:

I think it probably has to do with Lana's vocals on Kintsugi. She must be whispering and/or using her low voice during the entirety of the track. It kinda sounds like it could be experimental/not everyone's cup of tea, which is far more intriguing to me than expecting to get yet another "good but simple" ballad. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it *is* the automatic singing/writing song that she and Antonoff wrote last April. 

What I really like is that, except for A&W and Grandfather which have been highlighted by both Kintsugi and BOZ, the insiders' takes on other tracks have been vastly different so far. For example, Kintsugi is definitely not a fan of the interludes, while BOZ really digs the Jon Batiste one and has started appreciating the weirdness of the Judah Smith one, too. On the other hand, Kintsugi thinks that Kintsugi is, like, the best thing Lana has ever done, while BOZ says it's too sparse/lullaby-esque/bare. And Kintsugi likes Margaret a lot, while BOZ kinda dismisses it (mostly because of Jack's vocals, lmao). This means that there truly *is* something for everyone on this album. And I definitely prefer this kind of reaction to the ones we usually get when everyone agrees on certain songs being the standouts, while the rest of them are shrugged off as "fillers"/not as good. The reactions on release day should be fun! 

The way the reliable insiders that have heard this album have all been like “it’s so good one of her best showstopping stunning masterpiece etc” yet so many people are only focusing on the few negative things they’re saying about it :toofunny:

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

I think it probably has to do with Lana's vocals on Kintsugi. She must be whispering and/or using her low voice during the entirety of the track. It kinda sounds experimental/not everyone's cup of tea, which is far more intriguing to me than expecting to get yet another "good but simple" ballad. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it *is* the automatic singing/writing song that she and Antonoff wrote last April. 

What I really like is that, except for A&W and Grandfather which have been highlighted by both Kintsugi and BOZ, the insiders' takes on other tracks have been vastly different so far. For example, Kintsugi is definitely not a fan of the interludes, while BOZ really digs the Jon Batiste one and has started appreciating the weirdness of the Judah Smith one, too. On the other hand, Kintsugi thinks that Kintsugi is, like, the best thing Lana has ever done, while BOZ says it's too sparse/lullaby-esque/bare. And Kintsugi likes Margaret a lot, while BOZ kinda dismisses it (mostly because of Jack's vocals, lmao). This means that there truly *is* something for everyone on this album. And I definitely prefer this kind of reaction to the ones we usually get when everyone agrees on certain songs being the standouts, while the rest of them are shrugged off as "fillers"/not as good. The reactions on release day should be fun! 

Exactlyyyy. Everyone is going to have different reactions and rankings, unlike the last two albums where a majority of people agreed on what the best tracks were. That's the sign of a great, thoughtful record.

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

you don’t like the tracklist but changed your @ to the possibly worst song title ever ? :rip:

I thought it was a funny title, and it’s one of the ones I like more weirdly

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Until we hear more information, my revised prediction for my top 5, Kintsugi pushing out Paris, Texas

1. Fingertips

2. Grandfather

3. Kintsugi

4. Taco Truck x VB

5. A&W