Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

21 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i can’t wait to hear A&W but am i crazy for kinda hoping she doesn’t release it before the album?? :icant: i want that to blow my mind during my first full listen of the record but i also know i won’t be able to resist listening to it if she does put it out!!

noooo not at all i agree so much!! it’s not single material. 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I'm afraid it's too short to quench my thirst :bebe:

not if its announced with a music video and she pulls a sza and teases candy necklace at the end

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

41 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I've been checking lana.lnks but I'm not sure which one they'll use (assuming A&W is the next single)

I've tried so far:

/americanwhore

/aw

/aandw

/american

/americanw

/americanandw

We can't use "&" cause it breaks it

the dedication. Bless you!

1 minute ago, jamesss said:

noooo not at all i agree so much!! it’s not single material. 

TBH, I don't even know what is «single material» anymore, when it comes to her :bebe:
She doesn't even want to have her songs on radio most of the time or they are not very often pushed on airplay, which was the traditional definition of single...
To me, when it comes to Lana, a single should be a track that draws attention to it... Venice Bitch sure wasn't single material at all, for its duration and yet, it was released as a single and got a lot of people talking about it. 
except for the two interludes, I think almost any track could be a single at this point... (still a fervent «A&W as next single» supporter, but all the songs now seem amazing, based on the info we got so far)

23 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

It's American Whore. Boz said a more accurate title would be AW&J

i still feel like this implies “american whore and jack” or something (either antonoff or donoghue) cause what else would go there … american whore and jelly sandwich

sUcVobB.png

17 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Realistically, I think the next single would be Candy Necklace because she already posted the snippet for that one herself. 

Watch it be “The Grants” :true:

Assuming that there will be live performances on the Billboard and the James Corden shows, I highly doubt that the selected song will be a chaotic and wild 7-minute track, so releasing A&W so early doesn't quite make sense. Sweet feels too "small" and The Grants too "personal", so she'll either release the MV of the title track and perform the song on these shows or she'll release a completely different song (and my guess would be Candy Necklace). She usually releases a single on album release date or very close to it (Fuck it I love you/The greatest/White Dress/Blue Banisters), so the best idea would be to release A&W then. The song will be a major talking point and could go viral despite its length, so that would be the smartest way to promote the album's release. 

So my predictions:

- MV for the title track + live performance(s)

- album trailer with snippets of a couple of songs (possibly released earlier than the title track's MV; it could be the first post on the infamous oceanblvd IG account in order to create buzz) OR a second single (Candy Necklace would be my guess)

- MV and release of A&W in late March and/or on the album's release date

In case she releases A&W earlier, The Grants or the title track might get the MV treatment on the album's release date a la Blue Banisters.

1 minute ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

American whore & 

jesus

judas

Jack donoghue

jack antonoff

Jellybeans

justice

Jewish people???

jaundice

jalapeno

japanese practice called Kintsugi (self referential queen!)

so many possibilities !

American Whore and Judah Smith :defeated:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

American whore & 

jesus

judas

Jack donoghue

jack antonoff

Jellybeans

justice

Jewish people???

jaundice

jalapeno

japanese practice called Kintsugi (self referential queen!)

so many possibilities !

i'd say american whore & jesus makes the most sense, she could be referring to herself as the american mary magdalene 

Idk I still think American whore is the most likely next single...like with the AW on Chuck's shirt, the A&W Interscope Team thing, etc.

I think she'll save The Grants for the album for sure...if its such a personal song I don't know that she would want to make it into a single 

As for Candy Necklace, it is a possibility, especially because its a shorter song than American whore and probably more "radio friendly"...not that it'll necessarily be pushed to radio but if she does a radio interview and release like with chemtrails then it might make sense :true:

i know A&W is probably the next single, but this far into the album cycle i would rather have the next single (which will probably be the last pre-release single) be something more unassuming like Sweet. i would’ve gladly taken A&W a couple weeks ago, but the closer we get to the album the more patient i am becoming; i still want a second single but at this point i would like it to be something pretty neutral that won’t spoil the most exciting parts of the album

33 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Does A&W still mean ''American Whore'' or does it mean something else now... like to me A&W is a cute title, but it's giving fast food chain. Lana's onion rings era.

Didn't someone say the song had something to do with Amy and Whitney? (A&W for American Whore doesn't make sense to me either).

or what about AW&J = Amy Winehouse and Jay-Z? :dua:

A&W is camp. Period. :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.