Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:

No, I'm pretty sure they're engaged currently.

that's even worse somehow lmao I hope it will serve

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, fishtails said:

This sounds like it could be right omg :wowcry:

Slightly off-topic: That reminds me of Ethel Cain's "god loves you but not enough to save you"
Honestly, it would be a bop if there was a lot of religion in AW to make it even more controversial.

1 minute ago, Harry Nilsson said:

but a title where the last word is for the second line?

this is the experience of being an american whore and jew?

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

5 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

but a title where the last word is for the second verse?

it's not like she hasn't done a title that is actually a whole verse before

I think it's possible, especially if it's the chrous

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Slightly off-topic: That reminds me of Ethel Cain's "god loves you but not enough to save you"
Honestly, it would be a bop if there was a lot of religion in AW to make it even more controversial.

this is the experience of being an american whore and jew?

I think maybe of another vulgar word like whore but have no idea what starts with J ?

Just now, lilac heaven said:

BOZ just said that “AW&J makes more sense than A&W”, not that it actually makes sense lol

WAIT i just found something.
This is the the experience of being an American Whore and Joan's as good as my lady in the dark.

What does "Joan's as good..." mean? Here's the etymology from wikipedia.
From or alongside the use of Joan as a sexually available member of the lower classes found in related expressions such as He is our Ladies Chaplaine, but serves Ione[1] and Joan's as good as this French lady.[2] Ultimately a calque of Latin and Ancient Greek expressions such as πᾶσα γυνὲ τοῦ λύχνου ἀρθέντος ἡ αὐτή ἐστι (pâsa gunè toû lúkhnou arthéntos hē autḗ esti) and sublata enim lucerna quaevis mulier cuiusvis est similis (“all women are the same when the lamp is removed”), which Plutarch considered only accurate as an excuse to escape lecherous and adulterous men[3] but which Erasmus considered a description of how all women would indulge themselves so long as witnesses and punishment could be avoided.[4]

INDULGING, AMERICAN WHORE, IT MAKES SENSE

I think A&W was just a more interesting way to censor the title and that's it. AW would sound like it's going to be a cute song about love or something :hide: (like in that mockup)

Maybe she got some difficulties releasing NFR and Venice Bitch and that's why she decided to censor it (for example the full NFR title being nowhere to be seen on covers) cause I don't think she would change it just cause omg profanity on my album :thumb2:

giphy.gif

An excerpt from Angelina.

Lemme put my hands on your knees, you can braid my hair. Do a fat criss cross in the back somewhere.

FISHTAIL X PEPPERS CONFIRMED

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think A&W was just a more interesting way to censor the title and that's it. AW would sound like it's going to be a cute song about love or something :hide: (like in that mockup)

Maybe she got some difficulties releasing NFR and Venice Bitch and that's why she decided to censor it (for example the full NFR title being nowhere to be seen on covers) cause I don't think she would change it just cause omg profanity on my album :thumb2:

same, A&W really just seems to be a cute way to censor it and not much more. i’m curious if maybe it was a label issue, i mean yes she’s had “fuck” and “bitch” in titles before but those words arguably aren’t as profane as “whore” (or “pussy” which was originally cola’s original title lmao). especially if interscope wanted to push the song as a single

Looking at prod credits again, and cant get over the fact that Paris, Texas is so bare. Hoping it's just I Talk To Jesus 2.0, but not likely :mj3:

Just now, ivory almond said:

Looking at prod credits again, and cant get over the fact that Paris, Texas is so bare. Hoping it's just I Talk To Jesus 2.0, but not likely :mj3:

honestly when I think of paris, texas i envision that is has an ITTJ vibe :flutter: that would be so perfect

My thoughts are, that the next Friday would be a perfect date for the single and a MV (it presumably being A&W), with additional promotion done until it's out - like it's announcement, boxset being available, singed CDs, OceanBlvd account content uploads etc. and even a snippet of some sorts. 

Then after that she does some promo in terms of interviews, photoshoots like the billboard ones and the rumoured live performance on the late night shows. 

And she would have enough time to promote the single after it's release and the album's release in March almost 2 whole months with a new single with a MV dropping on the release date of the album, like White Dress did with Chemtrails. 

After the relase there could be a tour announcement and then later on one more single with a MV before the tour, that would come most like at the end of 2023 or spring 2024. 

I wish something like this happens, but us Lana fans can only dream I guess :pft:

17 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

A&W hair braiding session but both of the "her girls" posts are with straight hair :wtf3:

She's teasing Fishtail :hype:

A&W and Fishtail double release :oprah4: