Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

NOT AN INSIDER, JUST A CONCEPT FOR MY OWN DELULU
NOT TROLLING

Longed for a time when I
Felt true while doing it
I couldn't handle it
My wants were counterfeit
Now there's this concept of
This concept of your love
An untangible bliss
Touch me with your fingertips
Fingertips, fingertips

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Just now, DCooper said:

The way I just had to update March 10 on my calendar :sadcore6:

gBlWHUa.png

MARCH 10TH IS MY BIRTHDAY
in case you wanted to update again :clapback:

Assuming the descriptions are accurate this looks like her most upbeat/boppish songs stacked album since LFL :dance:

Take upbeat lightly tho, for me Cherry is upbeat for example :thumb3:

Spoiler

A&W 

Fishtail

Peppers

Taco Truck x VB

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Assuming the descriptions are accurate this looks like her most upbeat/boppish songs stacked album since LFL :dance:

Take upbeat lightly tho, for me Cherry is upbeat for example :thumb3:

Hide contents

A&W 

Fishtail

Peppers

Taco Truck x VB

tbh Margaret's probably gonna be upbeat too
banjo

12 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Looking at prod credits again, and cant get over the fact that Paris, Texas is so bare. Hoping it's just I Talk To Jesus 2.0, but not likely :mj3:

The melody is beautiful though and I'm glad she added some instruments on it since the sample is piano only.

Im wondering how much « planned » the campaign was when the preorder went up… :um2: 

Like maybe they just decided to have a second single with a MV?!? And maybe there were some talks about magazine covers / interviews but nothing firm? We’ve been thinking that the whole campaign was planned and got postponed by two weeks…

but maybe there wasn’t even one to begin with until two weeks ago?!? :omfg2:

1 minute ago, Evergreen said:

The melody is beautiful though and I'm glad she added some instruments on it since the sample is piano only.

WE KNOW WHICH SYML SONG IS SAMPLED?

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Im wondering how much « planned » the campaign was when the preorder went up… :um2: 

Like maybe they just decided to have a second single with a MV?!? And maybe there were some talks about magazine covers / interviews but nothing firm? We’ve been thinking that the whole campaign was planned and got postponed by two weeks…

but maybe there wasn’t even one to begin with until two weeks ago?!? :omfg2:

This could be true, like maybe when they saw how much hype there was for the song and album they realized they should do a lot more to promote it :true:

None of the sampled tracks have bridges :(

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

I'm sorry but you pfp makes me think you're a maniac or something. It always triggers me when it shows up:pout:

:trisha: it's just Lana Banana

I also find weird that we got the preorder so much time in advance. Maybe she wanted to put out a song and they thought why not announce the full thing...

But yeah a second single now with the album announcement one and a half months before release and the start of the "promo" would align more with her past releases :um2:

I mean I'm glad we had a date since December (even though it got delayed a bit) but the album announcement made this ~2 months of silence harder cause we expected stuff in between :thumb2:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I also find weird that we got the preorder so much time in advance. Maybe she wanted to put out a song and they thought why not announce the full thing...

But yeah a second single now with the album announcement one and a half months before release and the start of the "promo" would align more with her past releases :um2:

I mean I'm glad we had a date since December (even though it got delayed a bit) but the album announcement made this ~2 months of silence harder cause we expected stuff in between :thumb2:

Yeah I agree! It definitely sounds odd to announce album and pre-order that early if you plan to be silent for 2+ months after that :oprah3: I mean why rush it? They could have released Ocean blvd in January and then the proper rollout. 

4 minutes ago, Watercolor Pussy said:

Yeah I agree! It definitely sounds odd to announce album and pre-order that early if you plan to be silent for 2+ months after that :oprah3: I mean why rush it? They could have released Ocean blvd in January and then the proper rollout. 

Because Sean happened to be born on Dec 7th.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024