Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

For those afraid of automatic writing/singing, remember that Pretty When You Cry was improvised. Lana is a genius and can create masterpieces straight from the heart. 

i am really excited to hear these new songs 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I think why BoZ and Kintsugi have been so secretive about the album is that the "variety" on the album is because the songs themselves switch up and oscillate between those two states of minds "beserk and fragile." I don't think these songs will be easy to wrap up into one particular sound. 

Yeah this would make a lot of sense. We know the closer and AW will already lean into that.

IMG-7960.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

The Grants - no idea

Sweet - piano + strings ballad

AW - angry acoustic guitar + trap

Judah Smith Interlude - no idea

Candy Necklace - piano?

Jon Batiste Interlude - no idea

Kintsugi - piano

Fingertips - piano?

Paris, Texas - piano?

Grandfather - no idea

Let The Light In - no idea

Margaret - I’m assuming soft rock?

Fishtail - trap?

Peppers - no idea

Taco Truck x VB - progressive rock?

There HAS to be more variety than this, right?

Fingertips has orchestra , she mentioned that in the letter

I have a feeling Kuntsugi is going to be the only piano ballad with only piano,  maybe Candy Necklace too but she posted also an acoustic guitar in the second slide of the snippet post. I think most of the other songs will have piano too but alot more instruments added to them:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I am glad that Lana is carrying us with her through her manic episode with this era. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

5 minutes ago, tacotruck said:

idk about u guys but i'm gonna wait for the album to form an opinion on the album :xgiggle:

would this be lanaboards if we didn't :oop2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Kintsugi gave us the beautiful lyric "I haven't seen my mother for a very long time." I suppose it is part of "The Grants." I know that track is going to destroy me as someone with a traumatic family lineage. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I have a feeling that A&W isn’t just experimental for including trap beats—BoZ knows Lana’s used them before, so there’s likely something else that makes A&W “unprecedented” is her discography! 

When it contains BBS and Dealer-esque screaming :true:

whatarecoloris.jpg

Just now, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

Kintsugi gave us the beautiful lyric "I haven't seen my mother for a very long time." I suppose it is part of "The Grants." I know that track is going to destroy me as someone with a traumatic family lineage. 

Eclipse actually gave us that lyric and said it wasn’t from the grants

1 minute ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

Unfortunately it was Eclipse who responded to me and confirmed it's not from The Grants :/ My next guess would be Paris, Texas because of the movie

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, EndlessSummer said:

Eclipse actually gave us that lyric and said it wasn’t from the grants

Well now I look stupid. Thank you Eclipse. I wonder what song it would be on. Maybe Kintsugi. 

Edit: Paris, Texas makes more sense then. I need to see that movie.

This is the weirdest tracklist at its most 'camp' that i've ever seen

And i am here for it :true:

claiming Cuntsugi btw, finally Lana has become my Japanese queen.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing