Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

wait A&W is coming? i haven't really been active so I'm lost, is this confirmed or are we on another delulu train?

We just assumed it cause she mentioned it in her post but nothing is confirmed so far.

Since there's a Billboard cover coming and they made that oceanblvd IG account we expect a second single coming somewhat soon (+ the merch) :um2:

giphy.gif

On 2/1/2023 at 2:25 AM, shadesofyayo said:

so now that we know that women in music is on march 1st, is the interview gonna come out before, after, or the day of?

So, tomorrow is Friday. Maybe she's posting today and announcing the single for midnight LA time?

Just now, imasadboy said:

So, tomorrow is Friday. Maybe she's posting today and announcing the single for midnight LA time?

maybe, but what does that have to do with what i said :(

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

10 minutes ago, AntiToxicPill said:

It would be nice to have a new song every week until the full album is available , no?

Personally, I prefer to hear the album all at once rather than have multiple singles sporadically released with only a few unheard songs left by the time the whole record is released. For Blue Banisters, there were only 6 unheard tracks on release day as the other 9 were either released as singles or were the previously unreleased leaked songs. 
Hearing a brand new Lana record for the first time start to finish is truly an incredible, unmatched experience. I think 2 singles leading up to the release is all I’d want. One to get the momentum going, as with the title track for this cycle, and another as the date gets closer to finish building that hype.

I’m not sure if we’ll get another single before the record releases, but it would be a nice treat! I’d only want one more though so I’d still have lots of new treats on release day x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 minutes ago, AntiToxicPill said:

It would be nice to have a new song every week until the full album is available , no?

Evanescence did that for their album back in 2020 and it ruined the experience of listening to the album on release. Like what's the point of an album if you only have like 3-4 new songs left. :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Elle said:

Personally, I prefer to hear the album all at once rather than have multiple singles sporadically released with only a few unheard songs left by the time the whole record is released. For Blue Banisters, there were only 6 unheard tracks on release day as the other 9 were either released as singles or were the previously unreleased leaked songs. 
Hearing a brand new Lana record for the first time start to finish is truly an incredible, unmatched experience. I think 2 singles leading up to the release is all I’d want. One to get the momentum going, as with the title track for this cycle, and another as the date gets closer to finish building that hype.

I’m not sure if we’ll get another single before the record releases, but it would be a nice treat! I’d only want one more though so I’d still have lots of new treats on release day x

I agree. When I was a more casual fan, I would only hear one or two songs prior to the album release and it made for an incredible listening experience when the album released. I’m so excited to hear DYKTTATUOB because I don’t know what to expect 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I prefer singles over having many unheard tracks on the album. Single releases make you spent so much more time with a track. I doubt I would love Arcadia, Ocean Blvd. or MAC as much as I do if I would have heard them as an album track for the first time.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I prefer singles over having many unheard tracks on the album. Single releases make you spent so much more time with a track. I doubt I would love Arcadia, Ocean Blvd. or MAC as much as I do if I would have heard them as an album track for the first time.

this is an interesting way to think about it :um2: i guess i agree to a certain extent. i have a much deeper connection to the three singles on BB than most the other songs BUT i can say that most of the songs thatre singles, i end up skipping after a certain amount of time b/c ive just heard it too many times. 

Putting singles out gives to those songs extra importance. They’ll be the grand jewel of the album. Even you listen through to them later with the album, you’ll always feel the extra sparks.  if this is what the artist wants, I’ll take it, it doesn’t matter, how many of them exist

This time we'll have the most unheard tracks on release from a Lana album ever so I'd like only a second single (and maaaybe a third one but really close to the album).

Norman being 90% spoiled by snippets, Chemtrails being short (and having 3-4 songs already out) and BB being half old material/singles "ruined" a bit the experience for me even though I absolutely love those records.

And yeah I can just not listen to singles and snippets but I'm not strong enough :hide:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, AntiToxicPill said:

There's nothing like listening to the full thing when it comes out, if she did this the hype would be lower when the album is finally out. I can cope with the wait with two songs.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Super excited for Fishtail this morning :oic3:

Chuck being a speaker on it has me so intrigued, I think it's going to be so special and sound really nice next to "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" title track :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

One single per month leading up to the release sounds ideal to me. This album will be such a surprise, like close to 14 unheard of tracks. :sass: