Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

10 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

ONG I DIDNT REALIZE WE GOT THE TRACK LENGTHS 😭😭😭😭

can someone point me to the page we first got the track lengths on i want to read the reactions but i don’t want to look far back :bebe:

01. The Grants - 4:57

02. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - 4:45

03. Sweet - 3:35

04. A&W - 7:13

05. Judah Smith Interlude - 4:36

06. Candy Necklace - 5:14

07. Jon Batiste Interlude - 3:33

08. Kintsugi - 6:18

09. Fingertips - 5:48

10. Paris, Texas - 3:26

11. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing - 4:00

12. Let the Light In (feat. Father John Misty) - 4:38

13. Margaret (feat. Bleachers) - 5:39

14. Fishtail - 4:02

15. Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis) - 4:08

16. Taco Truck x VB - 5:53

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

No cuz im sure the sampled instrumentals r gonna be better than most of her original:true: she could sample every song if u asking me

For her next excercise she will sample all of BB :prettyhurts:

7 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

has lana EVER done this heavy of sampling? its kind of weird how much shes sampling other artists but she picked such beautiful songs so i honestly done care

I’m assuming it will be her most sample-heavy record to date, and I completely agree!

I understand why some people aren’t a fan of a ton of samples in general, but I don’t find it too different than a producer presenting Lana with a chord progression/instrumental and her assigning lyrics and a melody to it. I actually think it’s neat that she found a soundscape that resonated with her so heavily. 

Also, something interesting I thought about is that it’s cool seeing her incorporate more modern tracks into her work. She’s always integrated older pop culture references into her music, so it’s refreshing seeing her draw from music more present-oriented!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

16 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

has lana EVER done this heavy of sampling? its kind of weird how much shes sampling other artists but she picked such beautiful songs so i honestly done care

I'm pretty sure there's tons of samples in Born To Die (album).

Edit: you can see some of them here https://www.whosampled.com/Lana-Del-Rey/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Why the hell hasn’t anyone prepared me for the fact the interludes are 8 fucking minutes long…..that’s grotesque.  I’m definitely gonna be deleting those from the album. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

Why the hell hasn’t anyone prepared me for the fact the interludes are 8 fucking minutes long…..that’s grotesque.  I’m definitely gonna be deleting those from the album. 

You haven't even listened to them yet, but good for you lol. 

i hope the beat drop in wanderlust is used in the chorus or the bridge :thumb2: it sounds so good

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I for one am excited to hear a pastor scream at me for 4 minutes. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

I haven't listened to any of the sampled tracks yet, if @NikoGo says Fishtails is going to slay I'm so excited :air:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Hey guys 👋,  haven't really payed attention since page 600, we can't be that far n-

Agonizing-Glistening-Komododragon-max-1m

900+ PAGES?!?!

I like the title "Fishtails" the most....wait, I was getting mermaid, glistening scales vibes at first, but now it reminds me of fishHEADS, like some grubby British fish market from the industrial revolution era with fish 🐟 heads in a bucket and meat clevers....eesh. Let's hope it's about mermaid tails

Will Lana make homophobia an aesthetic with this pastor interlude? 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Im actually really excited for the long interludes, it seems like they will make the album feel more like an intentional experience and journey

Agreed, although I already know that I'm changing the position of the Jon Batiste interlude to either: 1. Between Fingertips and Paris, Texas

or 2. Between Let the Light in and Margaret

I hate the Interlude - Song - Interlude structure so much that I don't care if I mess up the flow by changing it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

You’re right can’t be worse then her poetry….jokes jokes 😅

smile and nod yall ... smile and nod :xgiggle: