Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Semafori said:

who the bloody hell has the time to do that

I'm guessing doing something nice adds to the experience! 

But I'm too impatient to wait, I remember when My Song 57 leaked and I had to leave the classroom to download it :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Whenever the album drops, I’ll probably turn off all of the lights in my room (maybe light a few candles) and listen with headphones:xgiggle: I’m sure I’ll be on LB too!

I really want to amplify that middle-of-the-night bedroom vibe that Neil seemed to be highlighting in his photoshoot with Lana. 

Then again, maybe I’ll think differently about my environment once I’ve heard the whole record:makeup2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

when the album drops i'll probably skip school and spend the entire night listening to it locked in my room with my incense sticks and lit candles..i wish i had some sort of ritual but i'm truly the most impatient person when it comes to new albums by lana, i just gotta listen right away

Just now, Americen Whore said:

A question that requires honesty, would you guys skip the title track when you listen to the album for the first time? :blush:

Nope! I gotta have the full experience :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Americen Whore said:

A question that requires honesty, would you guys skip the title track when you listen to the album for the first time? :blush:

Nope! It makes the song sound more refreshing....and hearing how well the songs before and after it blend together. Title track is absolutely brilliant 

1 minute ago, Americen Whore said:

Of course not!

2 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I've stopped listening to the title track so that way I can listen to the album in full and it'll be fresh.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

Honestly I don't really think it matters how I listen to it for the first time because it usually takes me 2-3 listens to truly understand an album and really have it "click." Especially if it's lyrically heavy and complex. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

That very first playthrough (and the next handful after that) needs to be cover to cover so you can absorb the whole journey she's going on

"Don’t forget me"

9 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

yes  :oprah3:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, Mer said:

Honestly I don't really think it matters how I listen to it for the first time because it usually takes me 2-3 albums to truly understand an album and really have it "click." Especially if it's lyrically heavy and complex. 

That’s a really good point!

I feel like—for a lot of Lana’s records—a couple listens really help in getting to the core of the album’s “essence,” so to speak. TUOB is really interesting in the sense that we don’t really know what we’re getting ourselves into!

I mean, if A&W hadn’t been described by Kintsugi, I would have never guessed we’d get something in that vein based off of the title track, thematically and sonically. Also, take Honeymoon, for example: hearing the title track and HBTB are totally different experiences, but they mesh so well (imo) in the context of the entire work. 

Even if we were to get 2 more singles, there’s a big possibility that we still wouldn’t have a great indication of the overall vibe—excited to find out!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Have a feeling that this album, like Honeymoon, is going to be an album experience for me. Honeymoon is my favorite LDR record, but I don't often listen to songs from it outside of listening to it completely in order, because it has a unique narrative & structure to it. I think Ocean Blvd will be the same for me.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Have a feeling that this album, like Honeymoon, is going to be an album experience for me. Honeymoon is my favorite LDR record, but I don't often listen to songs from it outside of listening to it completely in order, because it has a unique narrative & structure to it. I think Ocean Blvd will be the same for me.

The Burnt Norton Interlude makes Honeymoon just so much more magical. I love listening through the album and hearing her speak. So dreamy. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Just now, mssainttropez said:

The Burnt Norton Interlude makes Honeymoon just so much more magical. I love listening through the album and hearing her speak. So dreamy. 

Agreed, I love Burnt Norton :wub: really interested in hearing the new interludes and why they're so long! :true:

2 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

I really hope the new interludes on TUOB serve a similar purpose and have an impact on the record (positively)!

Like, I won’t lie: Burnt Norton - Interlude is one of my favorites on Honeymoon—not because I listen to it a ton but because it was a really thoughtful addition to the record that may have gone overlooked for casual listeners. 

I’m sure the Judah & Jon interludes have major significance, particularly with them deliberately placed  so close together; it’s a bold move, but I have a feeling there was definitely an intention behind it!

Sylvia Plath 

I think the reason the interludes are so close to each other its kind of a coincidence but they also have a reason to be there. the judah smith one is supposed to complement with A&W while the Jon Batiste is must likely a follow up to the massive Candy Necklace

and also for giving me Margaret