Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

can i just say how happy i am that lana is working with zach dawes again? i absolutely love their work together, there’s not a song they’ve made that i don’t like. and it’s always that moody sound with the GUITARS !!! i LOVE ELECTRIC GUITARS !!!

every song they’ve made has clicked with me on first listen, and you can all have your debates about jack, but can we all agree that zach never misses?

i know it wouldn’t happen, but imagine an experimental album in the vein of BBS with zach as the main producer for most songs.. i’m hoping to hear something like that in candy necklace, that it builds up from the snippet we heard (as seen in the production credits). 

i’m so intrigued by all of the songs but i don’t wanna wait anymore:sadcore2:

Just now, Taco Truck x VB said:

can i just say how happy i am that lana is working with zach dawes again? i absolutely love their work together, there’s not a song they’ve made that i don’t like. and it’s always that moody sound with the GUITARS !!! i LOVE ELECTRIC GUITARS !!!

every song they’ve made has clicked with me on first listen, and you can all have your debates about jack, but can we all agree that zach never misses?

i know it wouldn’t happen, but imagine an experimental album in the vein of BBS with zach as the main producer for most songs.. i’m hoping to hear something like that in candy necklace, that it builds up from the snippet we heard (as seen in the production credits). 

i’m so intrigued by all of the songs but i don’t wanna wait anymore:sadcore2:

Everyone is talking about Peppers being a banger, but I think The Grants and Candy Necklace are going to be fire because both are produced by Zach 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

Everyone is talking about Peppers being a banger, but I think The Grants and Candy Necklace are going to be fire because both are produced by Zach 

you get me. :wub:

i have the feeling that the grants will be more orchestral like title track, and candy necklace will be more piano based like cinnamon girl and california, to then beautifully crescendo.. manifesting :illumilana:

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I thin Candy Necklace will be a highlight and I think it could potentially be a new single. I also just realised that Peppers is the only song without a piano 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Agreed ! The 5 tracks I’m anticipating most are The Grants, A&W, Candy Necklace, Kintsugi, and Sweet. This list was SO hard, I’m excited for all of them :rollin:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I’m so here for Candy Necklace, I remember being so thrilled the night she posted a snippet, the fact we are actually getting it is so thrilling 

Either Candy Necklace or Sweet would be so sweet :gasp: if it’s released on Valentine’s Day 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

4 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

I love basically everything about Ocean Blvd :wub: The lyrics, strings, build-up at the end. Listening to the instrumentals with Apple Music Sing is gorgeous and makes me hope that we get the real instrumentals at some point.

Me, too. I tweeted an amalgam of fav review snippets which echo your thoughts, above. Here is the tweet:

12 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Agreed ! The 5 tracks I’m anticipating most are The Grants, A&W, Candy Necklace, Kintsugi, and Sweet. This list was SO hard, I’m excited for all of them :rollin:

Fingertips, Kintsugi, A&W, Candy Necklace, and Let the Light In for me!!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

My most anticipated 5 are Peppers, Taco Truck x VB, American Whore, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF, and Paris, Texas. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

10 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Manifesting this instead of Solar Power sounding acoustic guitars :bebe:

nothing about solar power guitars is angry :dua:

and also for giving me Margaret

6 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

Manifesting an Elle US/Harpers Bazaar/American Vogue cover. It’s about time.

I don’t know why American Vogue consistently ignores her as if she’s not a staple of modern culture. Maybe she’s too avant-garde for their audience I don’t know.

Two reasons I can think of . . .

Though Lana has mentions in US Vogue, and a full page with Alessandro Michele at the Met Gala 2019?

1) Not popular the fragile, authentic, delicate, passive, submissive sides Lana embodies . . . when strong women are promoted as the ideal.

2) The son-in-law is Francesco Carrozzini of US Vogue editor. HIs mother, Franca Sozzani, is former editor-in-chief of Italian Vogue. Doesn't surprise me Lana is not hugely featured!

1 hour ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

@stupidapartmentcomplexi love when you like my posts from page 800 it makes me feel so appreciated. god bless your soul for being so behind, i wish you nothing but vigorous reading. godspeed stupidapartmentcomplex, godspeed

:lolliney:

Reminds me of me.

jon batiste is a great producer and he deserved to get aoty but i highly dislike his voice so let’s pray the feature is just because she was so gentle of giving him the major credit

and also for giving me Margaret

If it wasn't for the vinyl we would have the album since November/December (or January if they didn't want to release before Holiday season) :bebe:

I hope she does really well on streaming (+CDs) so they let her release without vinyl ready for future albums... I get why Lana is over the albums the second they get out, they are 5 months old by the time we get to hear them :thumb2:

It would also mean smoother rollouts cause she could release stuff while finishing the record since the release date would be closer and easier to control

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Americen Whore said:

Zach Dawes is one of my fav lana producers

black bathing suit

Dealer

california

thunder

text book

they’re all perfect :krylie:

he’s producing Candy necklace too :trisha:

Even their demos are great just listen to Valley of the Dolls :true:

whatarecoloris.jpg