Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

well that’s why i shared my opinion! personally i think cohesiveness in a body of work is what makes good songs a good album

100% agree. What makes Honeymoon so amazing (in my opinion at least) other than the songs being good on their own is that it feels like a journey and none of the songs take you out. Even HBTB which is the most different one ties it in together with the amazing vocals and layers at the end :krylie:

I'm not really worried about cohesion on Did you know... tho cause I kinda miss chaos too :hide: and I don't see it straying too far from her newer sound anyway and just the fact that it's all new material makes it cohesive enough for me :true:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

i agree! if the album isn’t cohesive, but all the songs are amazing, it automatically gets bumped down from a 10/10 to 7/10. 

exactly! i also think cohesion can make bodies of work where some songs aren’t the best stronger as an entire album. without naming album names lmao i think lana has done both of those things in the past, there’s an album full of (mostly) great songs but the messiness of it brings the quality of the album down as a whole, and then there’s another album where most of the songs are kind of mediocre by lana standards on their own, but are beautiful and more impactful next to everything else in the context of the whole album. really hope that for Ocean Blvd she channels what she did during UV and HM where it’s a wonderfully cohesive body of work without everything sounding the same, and all of the songs are still just as good on their own too

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

it came out like 2 days ago boo

um…:wtf3::thumb3:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

Just now, Frangipani said:

My very credible insider source (me) says that she's releasing something on valentine's day :true:

Sweet/Candy Necklace :lolliney:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I’m not going to rule out the possibility of a single dropping on Valentine’s Day, however, I’m not expecting it :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

She never releases the best songs as singles. I hope her team releases something more commercial pre-album, though.

Well yes, except for Venice Bitch, which is a top 3 for NFR.
Anyway, here are my track predictions for the album:
       Most Popular — A&W
       Fan Favorite — Fishtail + Candy Necklace
       Most Experimental — Judah Smith Interlude + Margaret
       Cult Classic — Grandfather
       Best Song — Kintsugi
       Most Painful — Fingertips + Paris, Texas

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

49 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

it came out like 2 days ago boo

me if i had a life 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e