Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

8 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Unpopular opinion- Candy Necklace will probably be like 10th in most album track rankings. Some of  ya’ll are madly in love with it based on a 10 second snippet ..

The melody, Kintsugi saying it’s a massive song, produced by the genius Zach Dawes, and having a violin/violoncello/celesta, of course we’re madly in love :thumb3:

1 minute ago, Americen Whore said:

The melody, Kintsugi saying it’s a massive song, produced by the genius Zach Dawes, and having a violin/violoncello/celesta, of course we’re madly in love :thumb3:

Outside of California, what has Zach Dawes contributed? Be serious.

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

Outside of California, what has Zach Dawes contributed? Be serious.

He literally produced lana’s best song black bathing suit :trisha: , what about the massive “dealer” and the instruments in “text book”?  And let’s not forget the masterpiece thunder :lanahairflip:

Just now, JudahSmithInterlude said:

what does that even mean

That the production isn’t built around her vocals and as a result they aren’t synced. This is the biggest problem I have with Drew Erickson’s production and Beautiful is the best example of this.

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

That the production isn’t built around her vocals and as a result they aren’t synced. This is the biggest problem I have with Drew Erickson’s production and Beautiful is the best example of this.

DONT YOU EVER COMPARE THE SWEET BEAUTIFUL ANGEL THAT IS CANDY NECKLACE TO B******* 

3 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

He literally produced lana’s best song black bathing suit :trisha: , what about the massive “dealer” and the instruments in “text book”?  And let’s not forget the masterpiece thunder :lanahairflip:

Since I have time today:

* Black Bathing Suit is one of my favorites on BB, but I actually feel like its production is its biggest fault. It sounds messy, like throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks.

* Dealer is simply ok. It’s popular because of the iconic “I don’t wanna live,” but I don’t think it’s a notable song in Lana’s discography.

* I do like Text Book actually so there’s that.

Just now, anwdelrey said:

hmmm. could be. i have always heard it as she's singing triplets and thats why the rhythm sounds interesting. but its hards to decide bc the snippet is so short.
i hope times proves me right :eek3: i am also quite anxious about Drew Erickson tracks based on his work on BB, but the FIngertips snippet is kinda promising (?)

I appreciate Jack for building production around Lana’s lyrics. In my opinion, Drew and Lana don’t mesh well. I’m sure he’s super talented, but I’ve never enjoyed a Lana song because of Drew Erickson’s production if that makes sense.