Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

All the complaints I've seen about Beautiful are because of either lyrics, melody, vocals and/or mixing and Drew had probably 0% to do with that :judgingu3:

The twinkling piano notes are actually the best part of the song and I say that as someone who doesn't hate Beautiful as much as the majority here :hide:

I'm really excited for his work on the upcoming record cause Arcadia's horns and the whole IYLDWM are highlights in my opinion :true: 

I think he'll work even better with more instruments/an orchestra so I have high hopes

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

All the complaints I've seen about Beautiful are because of either lyrics, melody, vocals and/or mixing and Drew had probably 0% to do with that :judgingu3:

The twinkling piano notes are actually the best part of the song and I say that as someone who doesn't hate Beautiful as much as the majority here :hide:

I'm really excited for his work on the upcoming record cause Arcadia's horns and the whole IYLDWM are highlights in my opinion :true: 

I think he'll work even better with more instruments/an orchestra so I have high hopes

Try listening to Arcadia with a headphone, “all roads that lead to you as integral to me” gives me headache, the vocals were really loud, but I still love the song anyway

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

omg i forgor drew did IYLDWM too, for some reason that’s a Zach song in my mind… okay yeah i’m not worried for Drew’s work on Ocean Blvd at all

Just now, Americen Whore said:

Try listening to Arcadia with a headphone, “all roads that lead to you as integral to me” gives me headache, the vocals were really loud, but I still love the song anyway

I get what you're saying but I kinda love the musical theater vocals :hide: but yeah they could have compressed them a tiny bit

giphy.gif

Drew is more of an arranger than a bonafide producer. Guess this is still new territory for him and, unfortunately, mishaps happen, so I'm not overhyped for the tracks where he's the main producer.

I do agree his piano is the best thing about Beautiful, though lol 

I just know Fingertips gonna be a beautiful & gorgeous song :true: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Ocean Boulevard said:

I just know Fingertips gonna be a beautiful & gorgeous song :true: 

PERIOD! :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

57 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

As an example, this instrumental (produced by Jack Antonoff) sounds unmistakably like a Lana instrumental, it’s crafted around the lyrics:

Whereas this just sounds like a random melody, there’s no Lana atmosphere to it:

BUT, I’m hopeful to see what Drew brings to Tunnel. I hope he proves me wrong but I’m just not sold on him yet.

Choosing jacks best instrumental is dirty , I mean beautiful has nice melody and doesn’t lack much if you compare it to let’s say , love song . 

1 hour ago, The Grants said:

the way Drew is a producer on both her magnum opus black bathing suit and the worst song she has ever done beautiful…. duality of a man i guess

Drew didn’t produce BBS. He just has songwriting credits. I think his work is fine when he has other producers helping him. That is why I’m not worried about The Grants or Let the Light In. Fingertips also sounds like an interesting song because of the songwriting approach that Lana took with it. Sweet is the only song I don’t have high expectations for. 

I have 100% faith in Drew :true:

Fingertips is the one I'm nervous for though, only because she mentioned it being her voice app with reverb slapped on. That gives me 'idc about vocal' vibes and that was my biggest complaint with BB. Production wasn't one of my complaints with BB, and with the same people working on the song I'm not worried about it at all

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

I have 100% faith in Drew :true:

Fingertips is the one I'm nervous for though, only because she mentioned it being her voice app with reverb slapped on. That gives me 'idc about vocal' vibes and that was my biggest complaint with BB. Production wasn't one of my complaints with BB, and with the same people working on the song I'm not worried about it at all

@Brightsun said she recorded the vocals in the studio :dua: Maybe the voice notes were initially used for a demo.