Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

on album release day we have to ask about this:teehee:

taking that into account and the dua lipa thing boz mentioned i think she was the original featuring in candy necklace:(

Still not over her devices being stolen. In the video, it sounds like she came across something that subsequently leaked because of it, do we know what that was? Whether it was a song or some pictures. Thankfully, there's nothing from the new album floating around (right?)

15 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

Still not over her devices being stolen. In the video, it sounds like she came across something that subsequently leaked because of it, do we know what that was? Whether it was a song or some pictures. Thankfully, there's nothing from the new album floating around (right?)

the title track and fingertips snippets i guess… but they most likely leaked because of drew and not because of the device stolen

and also for giving me Margaret

On 2/4/2023 at 1:21 PM, lilac heaven said:

I’m not really a fan of much that Drew and Lana have done together either, besides Arcadia, however my quarrels about their songs together are just as much with Lana’s contribution as Drew’s. i’m not a fan of the arrangements or compositions especially on Beautiful and Violets for Roses, and the way those songs were tracked, produced, and mixed is not for me, however I think those songs also have some core issues structurally and melodically (which is all Lana). i do really love Arcadia, i think Lana and Drew have the potential to make some beautiful things together as long as the songs that Lana brings him are actually good at their core, which imo hasn’t necessarily been much of the case. but hopefully that’s changed for Ocean Blvd! i have a good feeling it has

It is interesting to read everyone's opinions. To get your perspective. I just listened to Beautiful and nearly cried how deep it goes for me. It is like Lana wrote that one just for me! It had to be that way. Unfinished sounding, dissonant notes on the outro. Maybe one day you-all will hear it different and the impact might nearly slaughter! It says to me, you can distill a thing down to its basics. Like me, I feel like Lana is in touch with the child-like person she is inside. It is a triumph of years of therapy. To find out where things went wrong. This world is imperfect, there ARE reasons to be sad, and sometimes you have to FEEL those things legitimately . . . You have to grieve the person you could have been. You have to grieve period. And the dissonant, choppy piano keys. I am not a fan of cubism, and particularly Picasso, though his earliest drawings are okay. It's okay to not jump on the bandwagon with celebrated personalities, if you don't feel it. But, I get the choppy keys, like the geometric shapes split out in cubism. I guess this painting of two women with parts split out like crystals. There are different facets to us, like a diamond, and we can feel pulled in all different directions. Not to flog a thing!
647px-Jean_Metzinger,_1910-11,_Deux_Nus_

Jean Metzinger, 1910-11, Deux Nus

Grateful to this forum. Just when I REALLY needed it, I listened to Beautiful, and it is healing to me over what I am going through. If there was no discussion, I wouldn't have listened.

6 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I listen to the title track and then I see the album cover and I just know this is gonna be one of Lana's most acclaimed albums and it is gonna serve so hard. 

We’re so blessed this era ! Like we have 16 tracks, a few magazines, serving vinyls, a new Insta account, and so much more :krylie:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

24 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I listen to the title track and then I see the album cover and I just know this is gonna be one of Lana's most acclaimed albums and it is gonna serve so hard. 

Oh god, I listen to songs too by looking at the album cover, and it's amazing how well the title matches the cover image. It sounds promising, like a new discovery, an intro. The aesthetic isn't as innovative, but it's just as cute. I hope Lana explores a lot. Sonically, it's the kind of album I've always come to expect from Lana - full of information, highs and lows, interesting passages. An experience, to say the least, interesting to listen to. I'm excited.

can't wait for lana to begin her album campaign and take over the entire international music sphere absolutely ending everyone and taking up all the space in the press pushing out the grammys and entering another era of world domination ... A&W out tomorrow at noon byuntear-tulla.gif

sUcVobB.png