Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

9 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

just think it’s a silly and shallow thing to care very much about when lana doesn’t care about it at all herself. and because she’s already as famous as she’s gonna get, like there’s nobody in her target demographic that doesn’t know who she is. what does it matter if she has another hit hit, tiktok just chews music up and spits it out anyway; songs that trend on that app aren’t treated like art, they can leave A&W alone even though we all know they won’t

Again, I don’t think caring about commercial success is silly or shallow. I think basing an artist’s worth off of those things IS, but that’s not what I’m implying. As a fan for many years, I don’t think it’s accurate to say Lana doesn’t care about commercial success. In the LFL era her team fought for number 1, in the NFR era she made a video talking about her first week streams. Do I think she bases her worth off of those things? No. Do I think I would like her music any less if it didn’t sell well? No. But I think it’s naive to think that commercial success doesn’t matter to artists. If you or I were to release an album to the public, seeing it be well-received would be rewarding, both critically and commercially. I rest my case on this topic now.

19 minutes ago, bluebanesters said:

the new rhianna single is gonna ruin the aw popularity

It most likely won't. The general public gets over new realeses pretty soon and there is a two day time span between the two, also not quite sure that the targeted audience is the same for both songs.