Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I wonder if Lana was inspired by Sharon Van Etten’s album Are We There as both their album titles have no punctuation in them. I don’t think it’s too far fetched to think that lana is aware of her music and i think it would be really cool if she made a song like your love is killing me like imagine the collapse

17 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I took the day off from work tomorrow because I'm sick (but mostly because i just want to do nothing and sleep the day away to get to Tuesday so we have A&W~)

i told my boss i'm working from home tomorrow due to an "appointment" at 11am. :ma::glasses:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

lowkey glad Drew Erickson only has 3 tracks on this album. Ocean Blvd might have been his best with Lana. He’s a technically proficient producer but there’s something about his melodic arrangements that are lacking for me. Sort of the opposite of Jack (at his peak)

5 minutes ago, Churchome Rep said:

lowkey glad Drew Erickson only has 3 tracks on this album. Ocean Blvd might have been his best with Lana. He’s a technically proficient producer but there’s something about his melodic arrangements that are lacking for me. Sort of the opposite of Jack (at his peak)

I really expect fingertips which lana said Drew spent almost one year on and insiders describe how great its production is:oopna2:

10 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

everyone getting out of work is so brave:krylie: i’m scheduled from 3-7pm so when the single drops (4pm) but i just had a weeks holiday so i’m scared to call in sick djxjdjsj :krylie: manifesting the store is empty so i can run to the back office n listen :krylie: 

you want me to pop over and pull the fire alarm at 3:45? :hooker:

2 hours ago, lannisterpussy said:

I wonder if Lana was inspired by Sharon Van Etten’s album Are We There as both their album titles have no punctuation in them

don’t a lot of/most  albums have no punctuation in their titles? :toofunny:  tbf i get you mean cause they’re questions without a “?” on the end but still seems like a major reach bc i know some other album titles that are like that, without the “?”- Its just a basic choice an artist makes with probably little to no background thought imo 

Spoiler

5477-C634-EAE0-4709-A1-F8-F455022-A8-F2-BE8-CBB84-04-C4-4-B6-C-84-D2-B35-F603962CBABCC7-B-6-DB0-4-C9-E-90-C0-E08-B00132-

15 minutes ago, Agnes Gia said:

you want me to pop over and pull the fire alarm at 3:45? :hooker:

please :illumilana2:

21 minutes ago, Churchome Rep said:

OK so yes, I actually agree with this. I liked the deep dive discussion that was had about this a few days ago - I missed it, but I read it and was nodding the entire time.

I like him generally, but what excited me about Jack being on board for the new album is he makes everything *sound* good. Say what you want about Jack's production style - NFR and Chemtrails both *sound* excellent. BB was all over the place for me. Fortunately, that doesn't ruin the quality of the songs, but like... Some songs sounded muddy, some sounded too loud, some sounded just ... off? Idk what the deal was, and I need to study the credits, but I'm glad Ocean Blvd (song) sounds so much smoother and lush than anything on BB. 

I'm not shitting on BB, I love every Lana album, but the inconsistencies/slight roughness to some of the *sound quality* was not completely it for me. 

Just because I'm being a nerd about this:

Chemtrails

• Jack Antonoff – mixing (except 8)
  • Laura Sisk – mixing (except 8)
  • Kieron Menzies – engineering (8), mixing (8)
  • Dean Reid – engineering (8), mixing (8)
  • Trevor Yasuda – engineering (8)
  • John Fee – engineering (8)
  • John Rooney – engineering assistance (except 8)
  • Jon Sher – engineering assistance (except 8)
  • Chris Gehringer – mastering

Blue Banisters

• Adam Ayan – mastering engineer (1–10, 12–15)
  • MIke Dean – mastering engineer, mixer (11)
  • Dean Reid – mixer (1, 3–8, 10, 15), engineer (1, 4–8, 10, 15)
  • Gabe Simon – mixer (2), engineer (1, 2)
  • Drew Erickson – mixer (3, 6–8, 15)
  • Michael Harris – mixer (3–8, 15), engineer (4–8, 15)
  • Cian Riordan – mixer (5)
  • Jason Wormer – mixer (9)
  • Lana Del Rey – mixer (12–14), recording arranger (4)
  • Barrie-James O'Neill – mixer (12–14)

No wonder people felt the mixing on Blue Banisters was a mess. :lmao:There are 8 credited mixers across the album, some on the same tracks.

Chemtrails had the same mixers (Jack and Laura) except for Yosemite. 

I hope the credits for Ocean Blvd will be more streamlined mixing-wise. It's obvious Drew isn't super great at mixing yet (I know there were a lot of complaints with Arcadia + Beautiful initially), which makes sense since his main role is composer/producer. 

20 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Say what you want about Jack's production style - NFR and Chemtrails both *sound* excellent. BB was all over the place for me. Fortunately, that doesn't ruin the quality of the songs, but like... Some songs sounded muddy, some sounded too loud, some sounded just ... off?

This has always been my issue with BB unfortunately. Individually, the songs are gorgeous. But I just prefer a cohesive sound on one album.