Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, HollywoodSlutx said:

Think of it as watching regular TV on 1080p versus watching a show on 4K. It sounds more crisp and higher quality

It’s actually lower quality than lossless. It’s supposed to mimic a “3D soundstage”. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

But then some people seem to complain that it sounds worse so I'm like what :sadcore4:

It depends, it does ruin the quality of some songs cause it will highlight certain aspects of the song more than others. It ruined Be Alright by Ariana Grande for me personally

7 minutes ago, DCooper said:

But then some people seem to complain that it sounds worse so I'm like what :sadcore4:

it really depends on how they mix the atmos track. Like, with Ocean Blvd, in the second verse the sparkling piano is completely missing. It makes me wonder if these dolby atmos tracks can only fully be appreciated if you play it on a surround sound system that supports the atmos format :um2:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Just now, HoneymoonDaddy said:

it really depends on how they mix the atmos track. Like, with Ocean Blvd, in the second verse the sparkling piano is completely missing. It makes me wonder if these dolby atmos tracks can only fully be appreciated if you play it on a surround sound system that supports the atmos format :um2:

It sounds risky, I can't imagine losing that on Ocean Blvd :cryney2:

Just now, DCooper said:

It sounds risky, I can't imagine losing that on Ocean Blvd :cryney2:

i definitely recommend listening to the album in regular lossless the first time, and then coming back to hear it in atmos for maybe the 3rd or 4th listen. And i also get the strong sense that the quality of the atmos mixing will differ from track to track. So A&W might sound glorious in dolby, but Fingertips may sound like its playing on tin cans :bebe: 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

1 minute ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

i definitely recommend listening to the album in regular lossless the first time, and then coming back to hear it in atmos for maybe the 3rd or 4th listen. And i also get the strong sense that the quality of the atmos mixing will differ from track to track. So A&W might sound glorious in dolby, but Fingertips may sound like its playing on tin cans :bebe: 

See, this is what I meant when I was talking about the mixing, not that in general it was bad :bebe: 

Although, I'd appreciate if the rest of the songs are more clear cause lately you can rarely tell what Lana is mumbling with all the muffed mixing of her vocals :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

34 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

It makes me wonder if these dolby atmos tracks can only fully be appreciated if you play it on a surround sound system that supports the atmos format :um2:

Yes. Lossless + a good DAC is probably gonna be better than Dolby Atmos on a stereo system. If you have a 7.1 system, Dolby will be amazing. 

2 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Is Apple Music the only place to listen in Dolby Atmos? Guess I'll get a free trial March 25 :true:

can we plz talk about the topic i don’t wanna read stuff that’s not on topic 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

I was worried about being able to handle both A&W and Caroline Polachek’s new album coming out at midnight, but now I can vibe to the new album and wake up to american whore:illumilana2:

:sluttybunny:STREAM DESIRE I WANT TO TURN INTO YOU AT MIDNIGHT:sluttybunny:

12 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

*me reading this and nodding in agreement, completely clueless, with one off brand airpod in my ear* yes yes very good 

20 minutes ago, HollywoodSlutx said:

Think of it as watching regular TV on 1080p versus watching a show on 4K. It sounds more crisp and higher quality

this isn't necessarily right.. dolby atmos mixes generally sound amazing in a room that's actually been properly set up with atmos speakers.. the problem is that barely anybody actually listens in a proper room so dolby did their best to make dolby atmos binaural compatible (binaural = both ears as opposed to the 7 speakers generally required for dolby atmos).. so dolby atmos (when listened to in headphones) isn't really dolby atmos, its an emulation of dolby atmos done using specific audio processing techniques that take into account the shape of the ear and the way sound travels through it to create the impression that parts of a mix are above/in front of/below/behind you which is hard (impossible? debatable..) to do with stereo music..

while it can sometimes make music sound more "high quality" like you said it also adds a sort of spacey muddiness that i personally don't care for..  most dolby mixes also aren't done very thoughtfully which is annoying  :crossed:

DYK is boring, no music video or any type of visualizer, no announcement or confirmed release date, ugly merch....I'm fucking tired

Stressed Smoking Meme Generator - Imgflip

At least we have a few magazine shoots to look forward to I guess. Hopefully they're not ugly or just selfies in her backyard.

28 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

DYK is boring, no music video or any type of visualizer, no announcement or confirmed release date, ugly merch....I'm fucking tired

Stressed Smoking Meme Generator - Imgflip

At least we have a few magazine shoots to look forward to I guess. Hopefully they're not ugly or just selfies in her backyard.

ma'am your profile pic is from this era.