Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, taco truck said:

it's so weird because obviously she has some songs that are about that, but that never really seemed to be her brand to me :toofunny:

and even then, those songs are complete satirical and making fun of those idiots who want that from her :toofunny:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I mean, look at my hair
Look at the length of it there and the shape of my body
If I told you that I was raped
Do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it, didn't ask for it?
Didn't testify, already fucked up my story
Top of this (Mm), so many other things you can't believe
Did you know a singer can still be looking like a side piece at thirty-three?
God's a charlatan, don't look at me
Puts the shower on while he calls me
Seems like a bad time to talk to me
I'm invisible, look how you hold me
I'm invisible, I'm invisible
I'm a ghost now, look how you hold me now

The fact that she outdid WW with this one. This is so fucking brutal.

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, taco truck said:

it's so weird because obviously she has some songs that are about that, but that never really seemed to be her brand to me :toofunny:

That’s exactly what this song is about though? It’s not actually post NFR material at all lol 

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

I mean, look at my hair
Do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it, didn't ask for it?

This was either written 4 years ago or she's lying about her age again:hide: #compulsiveliarqueen:shh:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

into every generation a slayer is born... one girl in all the world, a chosen one... she alone will wield the strength and skill to release some of the most iconic music the world has ever heard .. LANA IS THE SLAYER

We already got a music video where Lana turns into a werewolf...time for a music video were she slays vampires :fabcat:

and perhaps Dragons :oopna:

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

I mean, look at my hair

This verse :bebe: 

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

I mean, look at my hair

Oh wow I really couldn't make out that "I was raped" fuck 

19 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Okay I’m changing my opinion- there is a good or atleast decent track here but are none of hearing how bad the vocal mixing is? There’s some intereresting lines here but it’s either the mic being an IPhone 11 or someone does know not how to mix because the lines are unintelligible mostly- you can pick good phrases out- it’s annoying because this could have been something great.

the lack of high end on her vocals is stylistic and intentional, it’s not “bad” at all it’s just not your taste. jack and his team have all the resources in the world, if something wasn’t on purpose then it wouldn’t end up on the final product. and this style of vocal mixing really isn’t anything new or different at all either outside of the landscape of post-2000 pop music

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I can’t relate to this at ALL but it made me emotional the first time I heard it :cryney2:

1 minute ago, Neon Mausoleum said:

Ohhhh man I didn’t make that out either.. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 minute ago, Neon Mausoleum said:

Just now, lilac heaven said:

the lack of high end on her vocals is stylistic and intentional, it’s not “bad” at all it’s just not your taste. jack and his team have all the resources in the world, if something wasn’t on purpose then it wouldn’t end up on the final product. and this style of vocal mixing really isn’t anything new or different at all outside of the landscape of post-2000 pop music

I think both of these takes are fair- but I’m just saying this is why I said what I said- the rape line is kind of important contextually to the song and it along with others is blurred.

wow chaotic is the word to put to this track - in the greatest way possible. i got my friends who aren’t even big lana fans to listen to this and they’re all floored. talk about a plot twist in a damn song. this and OB are some of my favorite songs she’s ever done. cannot wait for this album :pray2:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

5 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I mean, look at my hair

okay change my opinion (I said the lyrics were just great), these are her most profound and personal lyrics to date

also the new pop culture references on the lyrics making it camp and fun adding more to the "lanaverse". the lyrics slayed just like every other thing about the single. I can't wait to hear what else she's saying, fuck :wowcry:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Btw, just a thought but... what if we actually DON'T have a music video this era? We haven't heard anything about a music video shooting and/or behind the scenes. Unless they're keeping it all ultra secret (which seems unlikely, since everything Lana does has the tendecy to leak).

I'd be so bummed. Even during the "Chemtrails" era, we had a huge video, a beautiful one, and... whatever the "Let Me Love You Like A Woman" music video was supposed to be. Heck, even "Blue Banisters" had visuals.

With this era is being promoted way more than the previous ones, it makes sense to have a music video, right? 

1 minute ago, americangothic said:

Btw, just a thought but... what if we actually DON'T have a music video this era? We haven't heard anything about a music video shooting and/or behind the scenes. Unless they're keeping it all ultra secret (which seems unlikely, since everything Lana does has the tendecy to leak).

I'd be so bummed. Even during the "Chemtrails" era, we had a huge video, a beautiful one, and... whatever the "Let Me Love You Like A Woman" music video was supposed to be. Heck, even "Blue Banisters" had visuals.

With this era is being promoted way more than the previous ones, it makes sense to have a music video, right? 

@111 ?

Just now, americangothic said:

I think its likely we'll get a music video with the album release 

It could be for Ocean Blvd or A&W or a different song entirely :true: