Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

It’s not Valentine’s Day, it’s A&W DayΒ :hottie:

stars in my eyes

Β  Β βŠΉΛšβ‹† π’ƒπ’‚π’ƒπ’š 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 β€§β‚ŠΒ°Β  Β 

Β 

I have to echo someone's sentiments from earlier that if you're STILL complaining/hating the music after listening to A&W, seriously consider the thought that Lana might not beΒ the artist for you anymore. There's no going backwards from here.:bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

ITS NOT JIMMY JIMMY COCO PUFF ITS KO KO BOP:angie:

Misheard Lana lyrics thread asf. The way we all thought it was β€œJimmy Jimmy coco puff” :trisha:

stars in my eyes

Β  Β βŠΉΛšβ‹† π’ƒπ’‚π’ƒπ’š 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 β€§β‚ŠΒ°Β  Β 

Β 

Just now, honeybadger said:

one of her best albums lyrically is coming... I SAY I LIVE IN ROSEMEAD REALLY I'M AT THE RAMADA IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER DOESN'T REALLY REALLY MATTER

Also I think the Ramada innΒ she is specifically referencing is the one by the 60 freeway. It borders El Monte, San Gabriel,Β and Rosemead so the context of the lyrics makeΒ sense. (I lived in Rosemead and we stayed there once when I wasΒ a child)

Β 

Also! A stretch but an interesting thought, Ramada sounds a lot like Ramera which is slang for whore in Spanish.Β 

Just now, Fingertips said:

I have to echo someone's sentiments from earlier that if you're STILL complaining/hating the music after listening to A&W, seriously consider the thought that Lana might not beΒ the artist for you anymore. There's no going backwards from here.:bebe:

yeah if people are still expecting btd 2.0Β they need to go…it’s not happeningΒ 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β β €Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  β € Β  Β  :Β¨ Β·.Β· Β¨:

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β  β € Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β `Β· . κ”«

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

The way that distorted vocal line of Β β€œthis is the experience of being an American Whore” loops and the beat switches :trisha:Β 

Β 

jacks rent was DUE

that's actually my favorite part of the songs and why i really disagree with people who think it should be two separate songs, the way it seamlessly flows together and almost makes you forget how different the two parts are is just insane:trisha:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯

2 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

yeah if people are still expecting btd 2.0Β they need to go…it’s not happeningΒ 

Only the smart ones knew something was up when she said Lust for Life was a gift for the fans.Β :lolliney:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

can we keep our eyes on the film references throughout the album too? so far we got:

Β 

paris, texas -> song title

'teenage diary of aΒ girl' -> a&w lyric -> maybe about the film which is actually titled 'the diary of a teenage girl'Β  (shes just like me for getting it wrong)

this property is condemned -> standard album cover art

Β 

curious if anymore are comingΒ :grinds:

that's actually my favorite part of the songs and why i really disagree with people who think it should be two separate songs, the way it seamlessly flows together and almost makes you forget how different the two parts are is just insane:trisha:

It’s insaneΒ how it’s so seamless I truly don’t realize it’s two songs by the time it’s overΒ 

Literally the reason it’s so good is that it’s one song :trisha:Β 

the second half of A&W has so many callbacks... the beat reminds me of the BTD title track beat... the man sound thing reminds me of BTD... the strings that reminds me of NFR title track and BTD title track, the baby voice, jimmy, the overall channeling of 2010-2012 energy, it's like she's taking that version of herself and twisting it on its head, iconic!

sUcVobB.png

Β 

2 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

That's an NFR title track sample right? Or am I insane?

Β 

it is!

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ