Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

the calmness really hit this thread today thank god @111 was right :defeated:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

Spoiler

I have to say I do find it strange how Lana has always been put up as some figure of "anti-feminism" just because she’s never been on some totally over-the-top blue hair "kill all men" Valerie Solansas esque feminism.:toofunny:

while she may never want to label herself a feminist, asserting her rights right there btw, she has expressed many times over & over that she cares deeply for the wellbeing of women- isn't that what feminism is at it's core anyway? 

n like, she's expressed these sentiments for years in her work- take God Bless America&All The Beautiful Women In It (lol its legit in the title) as an example, pre QFTC, she literally wrote that during the Trump administration because women were fearing access to safe abortions/birth control being taken away etc.

more recently, Blue Banisters had a beautiful message on how important sisterhood/ the kinship relationships between women are.

& I could name a lot more if i had to

She has had many songs about wanting to escape the grasp of controlling men, (stream VFR) maybe it's been hard for her to, maybe she often falls back into that pattern but surely that's not her fault as the victim? Idk, people really act like Lana said "I love being in this tough relationship I sing about & think every woman should be in a relationship like this" when she never did

& now she's straight up bringing light to r*pe culture & society's sad but very common reaction to the sexual abuse of women in a&w, a 7 minute song, which is a lot more than most of those half-baked "critics" n "journalists" have ever done for women :really: even funnier cause a handful of them are men :really:loool men lecturing on what makes a woman a good ally to women, you hate to see it:really:

not to mention she's a whole independent rich celebrity unmarried & without kids in her late 30s & still thriving, able to support herself.

actual "anti-feminists" are totally against that type of lifestyle for a woman???????????

like she cares about women period. she doesn't have to call herself a feminist to do so. labels have rly fried brains i think

i know this has been talked about a lot already so sorry to dredge it up again but this track/interview mag has just re-angered me lowkey for her cause it was always so delulu plus unwarranted.

Guess A&W destroyed @DCooper :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Had just posted this in the IG thread, but I guess we know why she didn’t announce the single earlier - our girl was off snoozing x

C84-CA8-CC-2692-4-D5-C-8423-EB1-DF3-A56-B78

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 hours ago, Masquerade said:

A&W sounds unlike anything she's ever done - it's a sinister, more clear-headed, laser-focused Lana. it's a career-defining moment with her boldest proclamation of selfhood yet: she directly responds to QFTC for the first time by baring the darkness of her journey through womanhood for the world. the raw vulnerability of this 7-minute odyssey into the recesses of her mind is one of the most profound experiences I've had with music in a long time

This is beautiful! I thought you quoted a professional article without offering credit, but I see you composed it yourself! Good job!

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Can you believe how hard we won today :oprah2:

This was like the best Valentine's Day ever & I'm afraid no future Valentine's Day will be able to top that :true: Her impact :oprah:

I can't believe. When the insiders said trap beats i never thought that we will get this Epic lizzy btd trap hymn with ultraviolence verses and a psychedelic Grunge vibe.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

There is still so much to process for me, I don't even know what to say about this song other than it's genius, wild & a career highlight:gclap:

Also this might be the best production Jack has done with Lana for my liking,  he produced some career highlights with Lana for sure but he really served extra hard on this one & I'm proud of him & of Sam who did the percussion I think. But I'm still super shook how Lana sometimes wakes up & comes up with songs like West Coast,  Venice Bitch & A&W etc.  she truly is a genius :wowcry: 

I guess that's coming from the experience of being an american whore:trisha:

0.00 till 7.13 perfection:oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

There is still so much to process for me, I don't even know what to say about this song other than it's genius, wild & a career highlight:gclap:

Also this might be the best production Jack has done with Lana for my liking,  he produced some career highlights with Lana for sure but he really served extra hard on this one & I'm proud of him & of Sam who did the percussion I think. But I'm still super shook how Lana sometimes wakes up & comes up with songs like West Coast,  Venice Bitch & A&W etc.  she truly is a genius :wowcry: 

I guess that's coming from the experience of being an american whore:trisha:

0.00 till 7.13 perfection:oprah:

I can' t get this american whore part out of my Head. Now i am totally happy about Jacks presence on this album. 

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

The last time we get visuals this good was the Chemtrails music video 

It is better than that. It is honeymoon visuals level

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

2 hours ago, God&Monster said:

By the way, a bit off topic, but For Whatever Reason (that’s the name of the channel) is just great at reactions (best one on YouTube) and recently the guy just discovered Lana through NFR.

highly recommend it.

ForWhateverReason responded to my youtube comment, then to an email! Here is a link to some of his NFR song reviews: https://www.youtube.com/@ForWhateverReasonFWR/search?query=norman

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Okay I’m changing my opinion- there is a good or atleast decent track here but are none of hearing how bad the vocal mixing is? There’s some intereresting lines here but it’s either the mic being an IPhone 11 or someone does know not how to mix because the lines are unintelligible mostly- you can pick good phrases out- it’s annoying because this could have been something great.

It is hard trying to put quotes into one post! In all seriousness, you may consider going to an audiologist . . . My hearing is sensitive. This track is ground-breaking because the beats part are in good balance. Or perhaps, as some suggested, the phone isn't delivering high quality.

2 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

A music video with this outfit would've served so much

High End Homo on Twitter: "lana del rey photographed by nadia lee cohen for interview  magazine, 2023 https://t.co/SX3CaUq0Am" / Twitter

There is BTS from Interview Magazine. Sorry of the repost, but I am learning how to respond in one thread, so I don't overpost!

Lots of great info here! Thanx for clarification on the first stanza lyric . . .It made me cry! I have to go to work cleaning up a burnt out apartment in the senior residential I live for an acquaintance so she can come home from the hospital.

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

The last time we get visuals this good was the Chemtrails music video 

So much better than that IMO 😭 not shit talking Chemtrails MV it was cool but idk the ending of it was kinda cringe to me. I don’t find myself revisiting the MV as much as I do the song 

to me these visuals are up there next to UV&Honeymoon

im living for it 

17 minutes ago, Elle said:

Had just posted this in the IG thread, but I guess we know why she didn’t announce the single earlier - our girl was off snoozing x

C84-CA8-CC-2692-4-D5-C-8423-EB1-DF3-A56-B78

iconic behaviour, watch her sleep through March 24th

I thought you all would think this is funny- my boyfriend who didn’t know about Lana until me literally took his lunch break at work early to listen to A&W and called me frantically ranting about it. 
Another soul recruited :party: