Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, DCooper said:

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! 

I am fucking speechless, this is obviously one of her best songs of all time, an absolute artistic triumph. It's so wild that the insiders really spoiled nothing because this is such an incredible ride that nothing could really take away from it. A David Lynch horror film as a folk/pop masterpiece. Lana really isn't just making music at this point, she's an artist like no other ever imo. 

The first half is so completely insane and that final verse before the change is the most revealing and brutal she's ever written, and then the production literally sounds like some kind of frightening rewind to the past, where we end up in this unsettling trap loop that somehow further explains the questions that she's asking in the first half. She's been wondering how she ended up in this place in life, whether she likes or if it's just who she is, and then this jump back to her Lizzy Grant / teenage self shows that she's been like this for a very long time.

Dark, unique, thought-provoking, A MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!

:oprah4: 

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

I am fucking speechless, this is obviously one of her best songs of all time, an absolute artistic triumph. It's so wild that the insiders really spoiled nothing because this is such an incredible ride that nothing could really take away from it. A David Lynch horror film as a folk/pop masterpiece. Lana really isn't just making music at this point, she's an artist like no other ever imo. 

The first half is so completely insane and that final verse before the change is the most revealing and brutal she's ever written, and then the production literally sounds like some kind of frightening rewind to the past, where we end up in this unsettling trap loop that somehow further explains the questions that she's asking in the first half. She's been wondering how she ended up in this place in life, whether she likes or if it's just who she is, and then this jump back to her Lizzy Grant / teenage self shows that she's been like this for a very long time.

:oprah4::oprah4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I honestly never could have imagined or even hoped for lana to go back to that Lizzy/BTD style of singing she’s doing in the second half of A&W

and I was okay with that. I’ve been okay with all the changes and how everything has been consistently similar since Chemtrails. A lot of blue banisters is timeless and so beautiful to me. but of course I was nostalgic for this sound. 

and while it reminds of BTD it’s so fresh and so new at the same time. the first half reminds me of UV mixed with honeymoon production and blue banisters vocals. but also sounds fresh and new. I just can’t believe how this entire song went far beyond my expectations. I’m so happy with it 

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

truly the most special and evocative song!!!! beyond my wildest dreams of what I hoped it would be 

Anyone else feel that part of why the song is so interesting is because it’s not that obvious if it’s supposed to be a celebration or a lament about being a whore? Within part 1 alone, there are both sorrowful and liberating sections in her lyrics: for example, she sounds euphoric singing that nothing really matters yet she confesses that like a ghost she is invisible. I find the soundscape to be mixed too with aggressive guitar and pacing piano keys yet light and bright vocals. As I understood from Lana’s interview with Billie, the album contains her innermost thoughts, born from voice notes, rather than a pre-fixed perspective on anything in particular. Here we are invited to think things through along with Lana as the song progresses. This is the experience. 

I’m getting emotional… it’s truly such a privilege to have grown up with her as an artist since I was 14 in 2011 

i can’t believe we all exist right now and get to experience her music in real time 

and I saw her live in 2015… like are you kidding me. It feels so unreal looking back. Idk I’m just thankful & I love u guys 😭