Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, nosorangegrape said:

TUOB > A&W

2bh

:pls: that’s definitely an opinion…

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

A&W is incredible.

She primes the listener so brilliantly with the opening lines' mention of her childhood and her mother. That serves to function as a precursory explanation for why "it's not about having someone to love [her] anymore," and why she now is embarking on the experience of an American Whore  –––– which is then developed throughout the song and depicted as a byproduct of her early formative experiences AND how heavily she has been berated by the media. She has internalized projections of herself, which came from her externalized interactions with others (in her early childhood and in her career 2011–onward), which has changed the way she conducts herself altogether. Sociology queen! 

The lyrics are confessional, yet so coded at the same time. She has mastered the art of revealing so much while keeping things completely abstract. 

"Jimmy" is SUCH an unexpected, yet welcome sonic twist. It is a true melodic embodiment of the completely uninhibited quality she sings about in the first ~4 minutes of the track. 

And let's talk about the killer one-liners that evoke Question for the Culture (which is now becoming a centre-point for lyrical interweaving between songs in the grander LDR narrative). Lines like "Do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?" / "Do you really think anybody would think I didn't ask for it?" / "I'm testifying, you already fucked up my story on top of this," / and "Did you know a singer can still be looking like a side-piece at thirty-three?" are just feral. I use this phrase very sparingly, but – she ate.

This album is going to be a new pinnacle in her discography. 

1 hour ago, Poor Stacy said:

Sorry, but where the hell is @lanadelrey ?!?! I've waiting to read their thoughts all day. (And @graham4anything, but yeah~) 

Aw, my fave! ❤️ I am here (and my thoughts above!) - thank you for thinking of me. I need to catch up and read your thoughts too! 

Totally seconding you on graham, but we've sounded like broken records for the last few years in regards to that...:smokes:

9 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

A&W is incredible.

She primes the listener so brilliantly with the opening lines' mention of her childhood and her mother. That serves to function as a precursory explanation for why "it's not about having someone to love [her] anymore," and why she now is embarking on the experience of an American Whore  –––– which is then developed throughout the song and depicted as a byproduct of her early formative experiences AND how heavily she has been berated by the media. She has internalized projections of herself, which came from her externalized interactions with others (in her early childhood and in her career 2011–onward), which has changed the way she conducts herself altogether. Sociology queen! 

The lyrics are confessional, yet so coded at the same time. She has mastered the art of revealing so much while keeping things completely abstract. 

"Jimmy" is SUCH an unexpected, yet welcome sonic twist. It is a true melodic embodiment of the completely uninhibited quality she sings about in the first ~4 minutes of the track. 

And let's talk about the killer one-liners that evoke Question for the Culture (which is now becoming a centre-point for lyrical interweaving between songs in the grander LDR narrative). Lines like "Do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?" / "Do you really think anybody would think I didn't ask for it?" / "I'm testifying, you already fucked up my story on top of this," / and "Did you know a singer can still be looking like a side-piece at thirty-three?" are just feral. I use this phrase very sparingly, but – she ate.

This album is going to be a new pinnacle in her discography. 

A reminder why I reactivated love this analysis/your takes always.

16 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

My only complaint is that the ending is a bit abrupt..I wish she ended it in a VB way by introducing a new line or something :trisha: or a fade out would’ve been iconic tbh 

the ending seems abrupt as a single but the jimmy chaos will continue into judah smith interlude:et:

1 minute ago, sansafuckingstark said:

I'm not listening to A&W until the album comes out because I'm insane but I saw something about the song transitions being seamless? How sure are we of this after A&W? Is it just a guess?

I think anyone saying that is just speculating. I don’t think any insider has said anything about it, and tbh neither song really ends with anything that gives me the impression that they will transition into the next song really?

waking up today gave the exact same feels i get waking up the day after a birthday or christmas.. when there is still this warmth in the air, a sense of an excitement over the memories & whatever new “gift” you get to enjoy :krylie: she really did it with this one 

Spoiler

me after many lana releases tbf, 

I'm really trying not to listen until the album's out :crai:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

7 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

waking up today gave the exact same feels i get waking up the day after a birthday or christmas.. when there is still this warmth in the air, a sense of an excitement over the memories & whatever new “gift” you get to enjoy :krylie: she really did it with this one you guys 

I have this feeling. Exactly this😭

I'm beyond words. The song was not even near what I expected. It was like a thousand times better. I'm so happy😭😭