Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

11 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

a music video is a nice addition but who really cares about music videos these days?:whatever:

me :crai:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

18 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

a music video is a nice addition but who really cares about music videos these days?:whatever:

I do :rollin:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Here’s the deal about Lana’s MVs. 

- every era has at least 3 videos. Homemade or budget. They will definitely drop soon. if her visuals are stolen, it’s not very difficult to recreate them. 

- like WW she might not feel comfortable not release a video of a 7 minutes song, where she drags her mom. 
- if the title track was the buzz and A&W lead single to the album release, most likely we get a short, radio friendly, even a bop song leading the march 24th. 
- the album might have so much potential of getting multiple MV’s. So they are not in hurry. 

don’t give up your hope besties :w8ing:

5 minutes ago, Morissetteus said:

Here’s the deal about Lana’s MVs. 

- every era has at least 3 videos. Homemade or budget. They will definitely drop soon. if her visuals are stolen, it’s not very difficult to recreate them. 

- like WW she might not feel comfortable not release a video of a 7 minutes song, where she drags her mom. 
- if the title track was the buzz and A&W lead single to the album release, most likely we get a short, radio friendly, even a bop song leading the march 24th. 
- the album might have so much potential of getting multiple MV’s. So they are not in hurry. 

don’t give up your hopes  :w8ing:

I want to belieeeve

- Britney Spears, Perfume

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I don't think we'll get a music video for A&W sadly. I think our best bet for a visual will be for Ocean Blvd. But it's so strange that we haven't gotten anything yet. We're only a month away and aside from singles there hasn't really been a proper "campaign" for such a big era. They need to strike soon, come on Ben! :true:

To be fair, Miley dropped Flowers and the MV weeks ago but has been radio silent since. No interviews or live performances since. Not even the tracklist for the album that comes out in two weeks. So I don’t really think it’s that strange tbh because the industry as a whole seems to be shifting towards a more lowkey promotional release rather than a whole campaign now. Although, Lana has always been pretty lack with promotion. 

I'm not trying to be one of those blindly supportive fans or kiss up to everything she does or in this case doesn't do, but I'm not understanding the fuss over the lack of music videos this era...1. I think it's cool to play with the idea of releasing an album where she can just let the music speak for itself. 2. The music is so diaristic, raw, and so visual that I feel like she's transmitting her vision through the lyrics. 3. She probably had a few music videos planned for this era, but the camcorder being stolen made her understandably upset!

I wouldn't complain at all if we got music videos, however, if this is a one-off era where she just puts out the music, I think that would be super interesting! If she stops creating music videos in general for future eras, then I would feel more upset. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I don't think we're getting anything else directly related to the album until its release but we'll have the Billboard event next week and the magazine cover too shortly before/after :hype:

And I'm still suspicious about the title track cover and the new poster :brows:

giphy.gif

I really feel like music videos are more of a tool to open the meaning and vision behind the song more further and, as we know , this album will be very wordy and I believe the songs will work as they are without any additional videos , although i love her mvs very much :defeated: still can suppose that we just lost OB's videos with the stolen laptop and i doubt she's willing to re-record them

3 hours ago, 50s baby doll dress said:

i doubt she's willing to re-record them

I mean, no shade, if the stolen videos are about sitting in the back of a truck with buddies and playing around with the butterflies, so be it, she can keep them all :D 

I’ll be sad if we don’t get any music videos this time around, but I’ll understand and won’t be too pressed about it :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

y’all talking about music videos but i’m still hoping for her second poetry book #BehindTheIronGates

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I’m not anticipating any videos. Let’s not set ourselves up for disappointment. It’s clear she hasn’t cared about music videos in a long time.

I do see her releasing some type of homemade visual at some point but a big budget MV is clearly not happening (if the A&W “single”/audio cover on YouTube is anything to go by lol) 

Also lead single this, buzz single that. BoZ said it doesn’t matter with her (and it really doesn’t, promotion wise), so the first “single” released from the album, constitutes as the “lead”, imo.