Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, Jared said:

A&W might be the best song of all time, but I still feel the album is still going to be Lust For Life 2.0, just more interesting and tasteful. I'm more interested in what comes after tbh. 

No bc I thought this the other day!!!

i always see Lana’s work in trilogies. LFR is the buffer link between BTD/Ultraviolence/Honeymoon and NFR/COTCC/BB hence why it’s so uneven and experimental. 

i think DYKTATUOB will be uneven and experimental as well, taking us to the next Lana phase. But whereas LFR is not the strongest album in her discography, this transitional album might be one of her best works with bold new sounds and rich diaristic lyrics to match. 

11 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

y’all talking about music videos but i’m still hoping for her second poetry book #BehindTheIronGates

i will never stop thinking about that book

i want it so baddddddd 😫

4 minutes ago, brooklyn Babyy said:

Lana posted a link on facebook that i can't get access to it 

what is it ?

It's to Pandora radio (I can't get access to it either, it seems to be just for the US?) but I wouldn't worry about it.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

something tells me this album will be very nostalgic- and not just in a “typical” lana sense where it touches on 20th century 1920-1980s references, but im really hoping for some 90s-00s nostalgia with this record. but that might just be my own bias of feeling very nostalgic for my own childhood at the moment lol

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, wildheart said:

No bc I thought this the other day!!!

i always see Lana’s work in trilogies. LFR is the buffer link between BTD/Ultraviolence/Honeymoon and NFR/COTCC/BB hence why it’s so uneven and experimental. 

i think DYKTATUOB will be uneven and experimental as well, taking us to the next Lana phase. But whereas LFR is not the strongest album in her discography, this transitional album might be one of her best works with bold new sounds and rich diaristic lyrics to match. 

Reiterating what I said to someone else, I think this take is similar to yours and it’s to interesting how many people think the same thing with the trilogy and transition album mindset x

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Lana definitely is a feminist in her own way. Some people just don't get her POV though, which is fair enough, as Lana herself isn't creating or even considering anything through those lenses, at least not in the earlier years, dunno about now. A&W can definitely be perceived as a feminist statement because of the social commentary. I hate political stuff, but I think, if you can't see that Lana is a strong woman navigating on her own terms through her music, then bombarding her with claims of anti-feminism is redundant. Songs like Wild One really encapsulate the idea. I think where people go wrong, is questioning how a woman could or should behave in a romantic relationship. If a woman wants to take on a more traditional role, I don't think that's anti-feminism at all. Neither is writing love/heartbreak songs. But I always felt like Lana's music was much, much deeper than that. 

30 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

“A&W” — Spotify Charts (02/20)

🌏Global: #120 (-21) — +1,221,217 streams 

🇺🇸US: #76 (-7) — +373,607 streams 

🇬🇧UK: #67 (-14) — +96,116 streams

- lanadelreystats on twitter

D6iqQdiUIAIGIuk.jpg

Haven't seen anyone begging for her to go back to UV style in a hot minute. You know why? Bc Lana managed to incorporate the darkness in sound and lyrics of uv, combined with the vulnerability and melodic genius of her newly obtained sound (nfr, cocc and bb) into this wonderful fusion we now have for an album. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but its all thanks to Jack. We wouldn't be getting any of this had he not helped her craft a new soundscape that is not only a departure from what we're used to, but also vastly on brand for her. We're cooking with grease now. And for all of us who were worried about the quality going forward after the past two eras, she really shut us right tf up 

:true:

"do you really think i give a damn what i do after years of just hearing them talking?"

*mic drop*

I KNOW THATS RIGHT :gurl:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

2 hours ago, summer bummer said:

“A&W” — Spotify Charts (02/20)

🌏Global: #120 (-21) — +1,221,217 streams 

🇺🇸US: #76 (-7) — +373,607 streams 

🇬🇧UK: #67 (-14) — +96,116 streams

- lanadelreystats on twitter

first solo song with 1.2+ million streams for 7 days in a row along with universal acclaim from fans and critics? we won i fear 

2 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Are the stream numbers only from spotify? Like, I mostly use youtube,  listened to A&W on spotify on premiere day and that was it :tsk:

Spotify and YouTube make their numbers public while platforms like Apple Music don't, so fan accounts usually only track Spotify