Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, ldr9superiority said:

Does anyone have boz’s ranking of ocean blcd

Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing

A&W

The Grants

Let the Light In

Tunnel

Fingertips

Paris, Texas
Jon Batiste Interlude

Taco Truck

Candy Necklace

Fishtail

Peppers

Sweet

Judah Smith Interlude

Kintsugi

Margaret

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing

A&W

The Grants

Let the Light In

Tunnel

Fingertips

Paris, Texas
Jon Batiste Interlude

Taco Truck

Candy Necklace

Fishtail

Peppers

Sweet

Judah Smith Interlude

Kintsugi

Margaret

tbh I feel like I have kind of similar taste to BOZ so i'm really hyped for grandfather and the grants:really:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

tbh I feel like I have kind of similar taste to BOZ so i'm really hyped for grandfather and the grants:really:

I don't dislike A&W, I love it, but I already know that I'm going to have to defend Kintsugi, Fishtail, and Peppers to the death on here because my taste doesn't always align with BoZ :oopna:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

I don't dislike A&W, I love it, but I already know that I'm going to have to defend Kintsugi, Fishtail, and Peppers to the death on here because my taste doesn't always align with BoZ :oopna:

i'm actually so hyped for fishtail and peppers and confused why boz has them so low since they are supposedly bops:bebe: tbh i'm hyped for every song except sweet and margaret like lowkey i forget those songs are on the tracklist:hide: A&W was such a good single choice because it made me sooo excited for the rest of the record. Ocean Blvd was cute but bland imo:eek:

1 minute ago, Americen Whore said:

I was kinda sad we lost two tracks ( the interludes ) and I’m not anymore cuz we have two more songs on June :trisha: so it’s like 16 songs plus two interludes :lanahairflip:

jon batiste inerlude seems to be like a real song anyway so it's like 17 songs + 1 interlude :brows:

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i'm actually so hyped for fishtail and peppers and confused why boz has them so low since they are supposedly bops:bebe: tbh i'm hyped for every song except sweet and margaret like lowkey i forget those songs are on the tracklist:hide: A&W was such a good single choice because it made me sooo excited for the rest of the record. Ocean Blvd was cute but bland imo:eek:

Yeah, at the end of the day BoZ said there's something for everyone on the album and just because he likes/doesn't like a track doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things because he thinks the entire album is excellent overall 

25 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

A&W

The Grants

Let the Light In

Tunnel

Fingertips

Paris, Texas
Jon Batiste Interlude

Taco Truck

Candy Necklace

Fishtail

Peppers

Sweet

Judah Smith Interlude

Kintsugi

Margaret

I actually think this will be somewhat accurate to my taste with taco truck and Margaret higher up. But it’s a wild guess based on limited info on the songs. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I'm glad I forgot almost all of the details that were spilled about each individual tracks, other than Lana saying that Kintsugi was very wordy, sorta stream of consciousness in style.

Nothing better than having semi-virgin ears listening to fresh tunes. :die:

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Y'all ranking the songs based on other people's taste is insane:silly:

this thought process is so weird to me... like it's interesting to know what someone who's heard the album thought about it:xgiggle: and i was predicting my ranking based off the info we know, not based on boz's list

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

Kintsugi is gonna give Yayo Paradise Version i just know it

that's kind of what it sounded like in my dream:brows: and the yayo instrumental seems to use the same instruments as in the kinstugi production credits

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i am once again saying this but just because a song has electric guitar in the credits does not mean it will be giving Ultraviolence like people assume for whatever reason

yes like nfr uses electric guitar in so many songs and nothing on the album gives uv except california and that's only slightly:bebe: 

8 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think the mistake, with that track, was to make it the lead single. It’s not a bad track, it’s cute, the lyrics are nice and there’s an undeniable warmth to it that I like from the guitars. But it shouldn’t have been a single, just like Bartender wasn’t. we had like 4 months to overplay it (at least me :bebe:) before the COCC title track. 

Im glad that Tunnel’s singles are already more « interesting » 

To be fair i didn't listen to lmlylaw until the album was released and i would still class it as one of her worst songs ever, there's no excuse for it :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e