Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

God so we have to endure an almost 6 minute song about jack and his fiance, what a bore it's going to be :awkney2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

cannot stand do not really enjoy the BB title track, but I’m still excited to hear Fingertips. As long as Charlie and Chuck aren’t jumping into the pool :biblio:

I think the production of this album will be much better based on what we have heard so far. I’m ok with wordy as long as it’s not the same words over and over (my blue banisters, my blue banisters, my blue banisters):oprah3:

yeah as long as the production’s good, and it obviously will be better than the last two, the occasional corny/uninteresting lyric can be overlooked, bb having virtually no production besides a lowkey synth and a barely audible piano at the end (the best part of the song lol) really didn’t do the song any favors :rip:

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

God so we have to endure an almost 6 minute song about jack and his fiance, what a bore it's going to be  :awkney2:

careful you’ll have the "go stan another artist if you’re not happy" brigade in your mentions :awkney2:

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

yeah as long as the production’s good, and it obviously will be better than the last two, the occasional corny/uninteresting lyric can be overlooked, bb having virtually no production besides a lowkey synth and a barely audible piano at the end (the best part of the song lol) really didn’t do the song any favors :rip:

The lyrics are very moving and I actually teared up when I first listened to BB and read the lyrics through, but it’s been a skip ever since. :air: I just don’t like the sound of that song. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

8 minutes ago, DNC said:

"i do list my grandpa, my brother, my dad, my Uncle Dave" 

"Fingertips tells everything about everyone from day one until now"

what about patty? :eek3:

Patty who ? :thumb2:

I don’t know how look like Lana’s relationship with her mother but If she feels some anger or just disappointment in her it’s okay not to talk about her or sing.

WFWF was the first song when she really said something about her and I am proud of her because sometimes talking about people who hurt you its tough and hard.

I don’t have any relationship with my father and taking about him make me most of the time angry or just upset so I don’t mention him in conversations. 
I just hope she feels comfortable singing about Patty :smile4:

He’s also a featured artist on the album too. How did that come about?

I was done with the album, and he came in for a couple days. We sat there, and I said, “let’s just play the piano.” I can make a song out of anything Jack plays. That’s actually how Norman got started too. He just plays and I just sing. He started playing something and then I was thinking about his fiancée [Margaret Qualley] who I just can’t live without! I love her. I started singing “he met Margaret on a rooftop / she was wearing white / and he was like / ‘I might be in trouble.’” I asked him what he thought we should say in the second verse because with him and Margaret it was a “when you know you know” situation. He had the idea to sing about what you should do when you don’t know. He started singing, and I told him he should just sing it on the record. It was really fun.

Margaret sounds like it's going to be such a sweet, heartwarming song after a handful of very heavy and personal tracks. :oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The Billboard interview made me even more excited for this record, as if that was possible. I'm always perched for her to go deeper lyrically, and I appreciate that she now is keen to go as deep as possible.

The alternate A&W lyrics she sang on TikTok are also indicative of her readiness to disclose the breadth of her experience. That little video alone has shed so much more light on the album version's bridge lyrics (the section beginning with "God's a charlatan..." now seems to be extremely coded). 

7 minutes ago, taco truck said:

@lanasbottom I think we are the biggest BB haters here and for that I really appreciate you:trisha:

we’re in this together :xgiggle:

Just now, margaret soty said:

stop fighting guys, we're only 28 days away from listening to the album or 14, if you know what I mean.

wdym stop fighting you just called ma fat slut ? :sideeye: jk

you’re right let’s focus on the positive things : us listening to the album in 14 days :oprah4:

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

The Billboard interview made me even more excited for this record, as if that was possible. I'm always perched for her to go deeper lyrically, and I appreciate that she now is keen to go as deep as possible.

The alternate A&W lyrics she sang on TikTok are also indicative of her readiness to disclose the breadth of her experience. That little video alone has shed so much more light on the album version's bridge lyrics (the section beginning with "God's a charlatan..." now seems to be extremely coded). 

What if it was “COP‘s charlatan” :lmao:

Everything. Forever.

Crazy that so many of y’all hate on Blue Banisters, I just adore the song (and the whole album !). It’s atmospheric, full of emotions, dreamy, the songwriting is great … I’m happy to know that Tunnel will be as personal as BB was :flutter:

lana-del-rey-painting.gif