Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYAvjR6m/

Some store (probably this one) is definitely selling the album on March 10th :pout:

This is JB Hi-Fi, Australia’s biggest music retailer. I worked there for 5 years and I can tell you the album is DEFINITELY not being released by them on March 10. This would have been an old pre order slick they never changed out (because head office is lazy and doesn’t replace stuff like that) but being such a big retailer they have t o follow strict embargos much like the likes of Target in the US and the register will literally not even let you put something through before its official release date in accordance with the notices the labels send out

FzytWEW.png

5 minutes ago, renaissance said:

This is JB Hi-Fi, Australia’s biggest music retailer. I worked there for 5 years and I can tell you the album is DEFINITELY not being released by them on March 10. This would have been an old pre order slick they never changed out (because head office is lazy and doesn’t replace stuff like that) but being such a big retailer they have t o follow strict embargos much like the likes of Target in the US and the register will literally not even let you put something through before its official release date in accordance with the notices the labels send out

well but didn't blue banisters leak specifically because people bought the album before it's release date on target?

53 minutes ago, renaissance said:

the way i was thinking about submitting a resume to work there :true: i’m also waiting for their 20% off all vinyl so i can get ocean blvd

the only thing they ever do is leak album covers early on accident

2 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

lana del ray circa 2012 jumped OUT

the gods blessed us for a sec :trisha: I hope she'll have this energy when performing :trisha: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Lana barely could work Instagram and now she’s onto TikTok which is infinitely more complicated :xgiggle:

I’m 100% here for her TikTok era but we had better get ready for never before seen levels of confusion from her posts/comments :oprah3:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

cNwbc8h_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

the hotel carpet floor.. the no pants.. the towel (what was lala up to 💀).. the american whore necklace.. maybe this is a&w promo all along.. perhaps she's posting so much recently to show what the "experience" of being an american whore (lana del rey) is through social media posts.. idk or maybe i'm just rly high but that pic totally exudes "i just fucked a generic CopDaddy72 account off reddit and am feeling myself" energy to me 

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

I get that everyone has different tastes and all that but why are some people acting shocked about the fact that she sings about her family in a retrospective record about her life :hide:

TBH i don’t think anyone is “shocked” but Lana actually never sang about her family like this until Chemtrails and a lot of artists literally don’t sing about their family at all. I think people just find that topic boring compared to her love/breakup songs. Like her relationship to patty is Interesting cause there is tension there but songs about loving her family can definitely be boring! Not saying Ocean Blvd is gonna be her writing about that, but that’s what people don’t really want and seem “scared of” when they hear there are lyrics like “Charlie stop smoking blah blah blah” 😭😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:

TBH i don’t think anyone is “shocked” but Lana actually never sang about her family like this until Chemtrails and a lot of artists literally don’t sing about their family at all. I think people just find that topic boring compared to her love/breakup songs. Like her relationship to patty is Interesting cause there is tension there but songs about loving her family can definitely be boring! Not saying Ocean Blvd is gonna be her writing about that, but that’s what people don’t really want and seem “scared of” when they hear there are lyrics like “Charlie stop smoking blah blah blah” 😭😭

You think fraternal love is boring? 

Have you ever had a genuine human experience or are you a bot? 

15 minutes ago, taco truck said:

dont want to see any of you hoes switching up when Kintsugi and Fingertips come to destroy ur hearts lyrically 

and also for giving me Margaret

6 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

You think fraternal love is boring? 

Have you ever had a genuine human experience or are you a bot? 

I mean that’s just a rude comment lol this is what I mean why are people so upset over other people not liking every little thing Lana ever does:crossed: some people just aren’t that close to their family? 

Just now, the ocean said:

sirens says hi

“Like this” says hi

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I mean that’s just a rude comment lol this is what I mean why are people so upset over other people not liking every little thing Lana ever does:crossed: some people just aren’t that close to their family? 

Then "some people" shouldn't make music about being close to their families. Lana's music isn't about "some people" though. It's about her life

people here are losing their shit over lana singing about her family as if songs like there's nothing to be sorry about, my momma, aviation, old money, motel 6, radio, ride, cola, is this happiness, etc. all songs that mention or discuss her family, especially her dad...

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

4 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Then "some people" shouldn't make music about being close to their families. Lana's music isn't about "some people" though. It's about her life

All I was doing is explaining why people don’t find that topic interesting in her music. People keep saying they “don’t understand” why other people don’t like that lyrical content as much even though there are clear reasons. Lana didn’t really write about her family that much before so it is different! I’m not saying it’s gonna be bad I’m just tired of people acting like someone is dumb or a “fake fan” because they don’t like that topic as much.

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

people here are losing their shit over lana singing about her family as if songs like there's nothing to be sorry about, my momma, aviation, old money, motel 6, radio, ride, cola, is this happiness, etc. all songs that mention or discuss her family, especially her dad...

She sings about her family in a different way on those songs it’s just more general. and no one is losing their shit just saying they don’t like it😭😭😭 and she never wrote an entire album about her family before… like she is saying is the topic of this album. Which again, I’m excited for this album lol 

Whatever, people are obviously going to take this as a meltdown but I think we should just be respectful about others opinions and insinuating that someone hasn’t had any “real experiences as a human” because they don’t love the prospect of Lana name-dropping family in her songs is just rude :/ Enough people don’t like it, there is obviously reasons and people aren’t just “trolling” or “haters”. That was all I was trying to explain.

3 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Harry Nilson has a song, his voice breaks at 2:05 :makeup:

actually I was just watching Teenage Diary of a Girl and wondering… what went wrong?

and also for giving me Margaret

29 minutes ago, taco truck said:

BBS, Wildfire, Sweet Carolina, Old Money, BB are definitely not boring. Even if there's just one liners about her parents or siblings, she has still sung about them, even on unreleased songs. She's always been close with her siblings, and she has a niece (or nephew? idk lol) now so I don't think her singing about her family more is far fetched. 

She just gave us a supreme bop with A&W....so I think the record is going to have a good range of subject matter