Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

40 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

cNwbc8h_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

the hotel carpet floor.. the no pants.. the towel (what was lala up to 💀).. the american whore necklace.. 

1677290923545.png

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

38 minutes ago, taco truck said:

TBH i don’t think anyone is “shocked” but Lana actually never sang about her family like this until Chemtrails and a lot of artists literally don’t sing about their family at all. I think people just find that topic boring compared to her love/breakup songs. Like her relationship to patty is Interesting cause there is tension there but songs about loving her family can definitely be boring! Not saying Ocean Blvd is gonna be her writing about that, but that’s what people don’t really want and seem “scared of” when they hear there are lyrics like “Charlie stop smoking blah blah blah” 😭😭

I don't think you meant anything negative by this post, however, I really don't think the argument that she never sang about her family like this until Chemtrails is necessarily valid, and personally, I don't really think that the point makes sense. I have no issue with people not loving familial lyrics. That's totally fine because everyone has their own preferences and tastes, but don't pretend like you're making objective statements based on opinions. Also, when has Lana ever written a lyric like the one you gave an example of? The most she's ever done in the vein is mention Chuck by name in Blue Banisters, which she actually also does in Motel 6 as far as I know. It's nothing new and I really don't understand the weird aversion people have towards Lana's family. 

Anyways, back to the album: I personally am really looking forward to the rest of this album's lyrical content. The two songs we've gotten so far are very powerful and strong lyrically. They manage to be this beautiful mix of metaphorical and blunt that just wows me every time. Lana proves time and time again that she is an incredible writer. I'm still not over the writing on the title track honestly. I'm just so excited to read the words to these songs and dissect them

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Whatever, people are obviously going to take this as a meltdown but I think we should just be respectful about others opinions and insinuating that someone hasn’t had any “real experiences as a human” because they don’t love the prospect of Lana name-dropping family in her songs is just rude :/ Enough people don’t like it, there is obviously reasons and people aren’t just “trolling” or “haters”. That was all I was trying to explain.

Well, I think saying Lana's family life is boring is rude too. And also when you insinuate that she owes us something because we "pay her bills".

2 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

And also when you insinuate that she owes us something because we "pay her bills".

Girl when did I say that💀 Never said she owes anyone anything, just saying why people may not like the name dropping oh my fucking god😭😭😭 Personally I don’t like it because I didn’t like Blue Banisters and so I wanted her to move away from that, but it seems like she is still changing it up so I’m still excited for the record.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i just think it’s interesting that people call lana’s more recent writing topics “not relatable” and therefore trash the songs because of it, because personally i don’t relate to songs about snorting coke off the bathroom counter with my 50 year old sugar daddy at the chateau marmont, but i still love born to die

ya I am not too big on the family lyrics or random name dropping of people like when shes singing abt Nicki and her chickens or something that is like "specific" to her because it ruins the replayability of a song for me
I can listen to a song like that and appreciate it as a well-written song, but its not something ill listen to over and over because of those specific-to-her lyrics

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

14 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I don't think you meant anything negative by this post, however, I really don't think the argument that she never sang about her family like this until Chemtrails is necessarily valid, and personally, I don't really think that the point makes sense. I have no issue with people not loving familial lyrics. That's totally fine because everyone has their own preferences and tastes, but don't pretend like you're making objective statements based on opinions. Also, when has Lana ever written a lyric like the one you gave an example of? The most she's ever done in the vein is mention Chuck by name in Blue Banisters, which she actually also does in Motel 6 as far as I know. It's nothing new and I really don't understand the weird aversion people have towards Lana's family. 

The lyric im talking about is a new lyric from Fingertips she revealed. Also I was just thinking about it in a sense where people don’t find it “relatable”, I don’t necessarily care if it’s relatable, and my issue with the family topic is just that I didn’t like Blue Banisters and I didn’t necessarily like any of the lyrical content on the newer songs. So to me hearing it’s about family makes me think that it’s going to be like Blue Banisters again. But we know it’s not and I’m literally extremely excited for the record lol😭😭 I just wanted to defend peoples opinions because I thought I could understand where people are coming from but I guess no one want to hear it which is whatever Lol

5 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Did you really go through my posts to find something “problematic”:wtf3: weirdo behavior. Also I stand by that lol I will say that for literally any rich person. I’m not gonna feel bad for them for wanting to be lazy. Be lazy all u want but if people are mad about it who cares😭 Also did you read the entire post? I literally said Lana doesn’t owe anyone anything. I just was tired of the constant cancelling and delays… that’s all. You’re very weird for this and if you can’t handle an opinion that’s outside your little stan bubble and incorporating a real world class-conscious perspective you need to go outside or something idk what to tell u

I’d like to move on lol this conversation got weird. Again I’m excited for the album but I think people should just calm down about “negative” opinions! Everyone is a fan in their own way and some people like certain topics more than others. Now let’s chill out and have fun:agree:

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

anyways i wonder if Burn Me Where You Belong was one of the original song titles on the album

I think Kintsugi said that it had nothing to do with the album 

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

some of you guys r so dramatic for zero reason it's so silly i love it sm  :eyeroll3:  never stop being u babes (all of U)

At least this argument stayed a bit more respectful then some other arguments I’ve seen on here:hide: everyone needs to let out the drama sometimes:ma: