Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

14 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

I'm so curious about how it'll sound bc based on the insiders's description I can only hear sweet carolina, blue banisters and beautiful when I think of fingertips and kintsugi. I'm not gonna lie I never liked those songs :cuteface:

BOZ hated blue banisters (album) but he said fingertips is a STUN & it’s on his top 5 :lanahairflip:

so you win @Fingertips:byeh8rs2:

19 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

BOZ hated blue banisters (album) but he said fingertips is a STUN & it’s on his top 5 :lanahairflip:

so you win @Fingertips:byeh8rs2:

and he insinuated that the song has her best lyricism to date, so :clapback:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

wait, I just realized something (this may be another one of my dumbass are you fr moments, but bare with me:silly:)
since Taco Truck samples VB, has anyone used aha-music to see what part of VB is sampled
like just gone through VB and recorded it on aha to see if it pops up as taco truck?

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

27 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

wait, I just realized something (this may be another one of my dumbass are you fr moments, but bare with me:silly:)
since Taco Truck samples VB, has anyone used aha-music to see what part of VB is sampled
like just gone through VB and recorded it on aha to see if it pops up as taco truck?

i don't think it'll be sooo obvious, like the nfr title track sample on a&w had some sort of distortion, it might be the same for taco truck

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i don't think it'll be sooo obvious, like the nfr title track sample on a&w had some sort of distortion, it might be the same for taco truck

idk i feel like the sample in taco truck will be super noticeable, otherwise she would’ve just named it Taco Truck and not added the “x VB”

part of me thinks it’ll just be her singing new lyrics ontop of the VB instrumental, like what she’s apparently doing with the syml & riopy samples

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

part of me thinks it’ll just be her singing new lyrics ontop of the VB instrumental, like what she’s apparently doing with the syml & riopy samples

Lowkey would hate that if that’s true:smile2: I think it’s going to be less obvious than that, I think it’s going to be more like the HTD sample in Wild at Heart. 

Also, was it ever confirmed it was an NFR sample? It doesn’t sound like it’s a sample to me, it just sounds similar.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

7 minutes ago, brandon said:

idk i feel like the sample in taco truck will be super noticeable, otherwise she would’ve just named it Taco Truck and not added the “x VB”

Here's what kintsugi said about it

Spoiler

"The original song title didn't have VB in it's name so I was quite shocked upon hearing it for the first time. I wish she hadn't changed it."

I believe that the sample is not completely obvious nor is it the entire instrumental since K was surprised when hearing the interpolation. 

4 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Here's what kintsugi said about it

Hide contents
  Hide contents

"The original song title didn't have VB in it's name so I was quite shocked upon hearing it for the first time. I wish she hadn't changed it."

I believe that the sample is not completely obvious nor is it the entire instrumental since K was surprised when hearing the interpolation. 

I think it has something to do with the outro because Kintsugi said the outro is insane

Omg this is making miss Kintsugi:trisha: The adrenaline rush from finding out they really were an insider and the fact that they spilled SO MUCH… one of the best moments in Lanaboards history:agree: it’s true

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I think it has something to do with the outro because Kintsugi said the outro is insane

Omg this is making miss Kintsugi:trisha: The adrenaline rush from finding out they really were an insider and the fact that they spilled SO MUCH… one of the best moments in Lanaboards history:agree: it’s true

the aha music link changed the way lanaboards functions to this day :trisha: @Kintsugi we need you

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

21 hours ago, the ocean said:

sirens says hi

my momma wouldn’t say you were a nice guy, but you’re under fortyyyyy

gramma said she’ll leave the lights on for me

17 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

When asked about Taco Truck :trisha: I feel like this song will be my fave

Spoiler

also he said that answering to the question of "are any of the songs like. not midtempo/slow/ballad-adjacent", so we have a bop incoming to finish the album!

Does anyone know what exactly is the critism she received after Chemtrails?

From Billboard interview:

Family of origin is the overall theme. I think with Blue Banisters I wanted to capture this idea too, but I flew it under the radar. I was trying to address some criticisms that I had heard said after Chemtrials… mostly that people don’t know much about me. I didn’t promote that theme of Blue Banisters at all intentionally. In this album, I got to really finish my thoughts and get super specific, which I was not comfortable with completely before…

This took us back to that live she did during the release of Blue Banisters:

When you’re a singer you aren't just yourself, you feel something on your shoulders of the over culture of what kind of woman are you. Are you feigning fragility? & It's kind of like, no. I mean if there is fragility, but it's also, it's not, it's like family of origin fragility. & what's interesting is when you start to look at that, like patterns run up and down my lineage. & That's also why I haven't been able to write as much autobiographical because it's going up the family tree. It's scary up there! But that's just my story, like sometimes I worry that people are going to pull up family records and see how things went. There's a lot there. When one family dives deep into their desires of what they want to do, it's really healing for the whole family. Oprah's book club over here." 

And she said that, she used a word she never used before and it is very important on the Blue Banisters. Most people thought it is "karmic lineage" from BBS:

And what I never said, why there's a price on my head
It's nothing to do with them, it's my karmic lineage

There was a thread about her ancestry at Lanaboards:

I wonder if all ties up to that, or there's something different.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024