Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

It's always interesting when you've only heard a short snippet and then hear the full thing. I remember the first time I listened to HIAB in full it was so weird...

I'm guessing it'll be the same with Candy Necklace, because that 10secs melody has been stuck in my brain and if the rest of the song is really different, then...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

25 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

where are u guys listening to these snippets :awkney:

14 minutes ago, hayden del rey said:

that’s what i want to know

ENfcu50UYAELJPM.jpg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

It's always interesting when you've only heard a short snippet and then hear the full thing. I remember the first time I listened to HIAB in full it was so weird...

I'm guessing it'll be the same with Candy Necklace, because that 10secs melody has been stuck in my brain and if the rest of the song is really different, then...

Arcadia was 2 different songs for me when it came out cause I overplayed the My body is a map of LA snippet too much :hide: 

I've been trying not to listen to Candy Necklace for that same reason

giphy.gif

just a reminder - asking for links to snippets/leaks of upcoming releases will result in warning points and/or a permanent ban

Providing links to snippets/leaks of upcoming releases automatically results in a permanent ban 

So please be careful with what you say, especially as we are approaching the album leak release :true:

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Arcadia was 2 different songs for me when it came out cause I overplayed the My body is a map of LA snippet too much :hide: 

I've been trying not to listen to Candy Necklace for that same reason

Although I like what I heard with the Candy Necklace snippet, it is just 10 seconds. Being so short, I almost never listen to it (feels a bit alienating to listen to it in repeat). Arcadia on the other hand was way longer and just like you, I listened to it way too often before release :yawn: Same

with Tulsa Jesus Freak.
I love that we don’t have anything (or almost nothing) audio wise for this album. And I must say that I am very surprised that the album didn’t already leak (watch it be through an official release, with a CD sent too early once again  :delicious:)

Those Ocean BLVD and Fingertips snippets are demos from Blue Banisters era :smile4:

So if anyone who is curious how they sound I highly recommend not to. They are rushed and pretty bad(and old):silly:

Meanwhile stream A&W and DYKT :understand:

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

There's no melody? Oh im worried now cus i always judge a song by its melody over lyrics when i first listen to something :crai:

We're definitely alike in that way, TLM. A strong melody is what I'm always looking for, even if it's subtle, as in 'VFR,' and melodies, of course, can be a lot more subtle than that. 

In the last 5 years, I've realized that there are a lot of people who actually have no ear for melody whatsoever, and I mean that seriously. Though they're certainly not the majority. 

6 hours ago, Morissetteus said:

rising queen :flutter: so stable. Hot 100 is coming!

OK but this is actually insane for her. Lana’s first solo song to gain over 1m streams daily for 14 straight days. 7 minute song, no promo. Icon.  

giphy.gif

COTCC and BB were mostly about family and her struggles of being famous.

Ocean BLVD is definitely different but I hope that her next album will be more about world building. 
It’s unfortunately that she didn’t keep Honeymoon from Hell(it’s a track from Honeymoon but Jack remastered it)in that project but if her next album will sound something similar I have high hopes :typewriter:

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

We are 1 day away from release month :trisha:

and 2 days away from being 3 weeks away until the album :hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, fishtails said:

just a reminder - asking for links to snippets/leaks of upcoming releases will result in warning points and/or a permanent ban

Providing links to snippets/leaks of upcoming releases automatically results in a permanent ban 

So please be careful with what you say, especially as we are approaching the album leak release :true:

Does this include Candy Necklace? Because Lana posted that snippet herself if I'm remembering correctly.

3 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

Does this include Candy Necklace? Because Lana posted that snippet herself if I'm remembering correctly.

no, the rules only include leaks. stuff lana or her team shared doesn't count