Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:
  Hide contents

i listened to the grants and fingertips, do yall recommend i listen to the others?

I only listened to the ones that are untagged. I'm not going to ruin my first listen of a song with some ugly tag. i remember back in the HM era how for like a month I still expected all these background noises and people talking to appear in songs because I had listened to those UO recordings one too many times

Wouldn't it be easier to make a new thread called "spoiler discussion" or so, so you don't have to talk in "hidden contents"? :D And everyone afraid of reading things too early can keep on discussing here. (Personally I don't care much about it, I won't listen before but I am not afraid of spoilers, but I think it would be the easiest way for the 2 groups.)

It was expensive watch it 

i just caught up with the chaos in this thread and ...... :bebe:

personally, i'll be waiting to listen to the album in full since i reallyyyy think that it'll sound the best that way :makeup:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Spoiler

stars in my eyes, hiking up griffith
thinking about who ?? didn’t
it’s said in the midwest
wish I could tell you now
i wrote you a note, but i didn’t send it
‘cause that’s the best method
the women here taught me about

what you don’t really understand
i’ve got magic in my hand (head??)
stars in my eyes

i’m a different kind of woman
if you want some basic bitch
go to the beverly center and find her

i’m sweet
barefeet
if you wanna go where nobody goes
that’s where you’ll find me
in the sweet north country
if i’m not there come to my house on genesee

what you doing with your life
do you think about it
do you contemplate where we came from
lately we’ve been making out a ??
talking about the stuff that’s at the very heart of things
do you want children? do you wanna marry me?
do you wanna run marathons in long beach by the sea?
i’ve got things to do like nothing at all
i wanna do them with you
do you wanna do them with me?

if you want someone then just call me up
and remember where i’ll be
sweet in barefeet
you can find me where no one will be
in the woods somewhere
in the ?? of the heart of the valley
in the sweet north country
if i’m not there come to my house on genesee

14 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:
  Hide contents

i listened to the grants and fingertips, do yall recommend i listen to the others?

Spoiler

Grandfather left me speechless even with the tags on top of it - which says a lot about the track and its power. Truly one of her best songs ever.

I’d say: don’t listen to it and wait. If you’re gonna be wigless, be wigless in HQ.

IMG-7960.jpg

Spoiler

Am I the only one who thinks that Lana is playing more with the structures of the songs? I mean, they seem different… the melodies and stuff seems kinda untraditional, dont know how to explain

Spoiler

I really love the preacher interlude. I thought I would hate it but it sounds so mysterious and trippy

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Question, I havent listen to any yk, (i did actually listen to sweet but it was early in the morning and I dont remember it well) what yall suggest for me to listen (I only wanna listen to 1)

I also want to wait for fingertips, kintsugi grandfather and peppers

1 hour ago, kuntsugi said:

so it didn't even fully leaked? what a messy era not even leaks get it right :xgiggle: anyway i hope they drop some promotional singles this friday & march 10th to keep us entertained and also do some damage control (they won't)

I’ve talked about it yesterday and I’m not sure how effective any strategy would be TBH. It feels almost like a « punishment », to be legal, honest and respectful for her art (like I have to wait three more weeks while many already heard it illegally). But if every time an artist and their team rush-released an album because it leaked, well what would be the purpose of release dates anymore and wouldn’t it send the weird message that leakers now dictate album releases? 
With Lana, rush-releasing Love was a good idea since it was the lead and there was no real release date in sight (although it also messed the album’s pre-release and made those five months more hellish than they should have). With Tunnel, she could always release one of the songs that leaked, but since most of the album didn’t (or, at least, not in HQ), she shouldn’t change the album’s release date. 

11 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:

Question, I havent listen to any yk, (i did actually listen to sweet but it was early in the morning and I dont remember it well) what yall suggest for me to listen (I only wanna listen to 1)

I also want to wait for fingertips, kintsugi grandfather and peppers

I honestly think you should just wait until the album release, I listened to Sweet and Fingertips as well as the interludes but I can't really remember them now which I'm grateful for, it means there's more to look forward to on release day :hooker: