Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

41 minutes ago, Jared said:

Now say it without crying. 

Let me remind you of your own cries about the album. Or did you forget you wrote this? All love my dear but…

On 1/8/2023 at 5:43 PM,  Jared said: 

The production on NFR was beautiful and elegant and it didn't sound like your typical background music to YouTube shorts or Instagram reels. Meanwhile, at least half of this new album is going to be samples Lana found while browsing random YouTube background musicplaylists. Good luck to Jack trying to make this work! 

21 minutes ago, your dealer said:

Personally, TikTok is a disease to the music industry. It's requiring songs to fit into a certain box or format in order to go viral so people can make more money. It's capitalism. People are literally making music now specifically so it can be used on TikTok instead of making music because it's good. Lana's music doesn't and never has fit into that box nor does she care to conform to it because she makes true art. :true:

it’s not tiktok’s fault.

in the past people would say that the issue is on the radios too bc it shaped and shifted music– and television too.

the issue is the whole music industry and commodification of art like it’s just an object to be consumed (like you do with clothes, make-up, food etc)

tiktok just shows us that, but it’s not “their” fault– it’s just an app that works in the same way that the music *industry* (which is a really important word in here) works.

it’s sad and fucked up

Spoiler

So… tiktok it’s not the problem, it’s just a big store like cotsco or any other– they sell us songs, clothes and ideals of how we should act and behave.

tiktok may be symptomatic, but the problem is (and always was, as a lot of singers like kurt and bratmobile pointed out) capitalism.

this is my commitment, my communist modern manifesto

14 minutes ago, your dealer said:

Personally, TikTok is a disease to the music industry. It's requiring songs to fit into a certain box or format in order to go viral so people can make more money. It's capitalism. People are literally making music now specifically so it can be used on TikTok instead of making music because it's good. Lana's music doesn't and never has fit into that box nor does she care to conform to it because she makes true art. :true:

The funny thing is: Lana is one of a few artists, if not - the only artist who has 2 or 3 different songs going viral on tiktok every damn month for the last 2 years.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Time for a @Kintsugi comeback. :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

GPSOTSOMFWHDSF actually sounds like standing at the bow of a boat while soaring across the sea with the wind going through your hair and the sun sparkling on the tips of gentle ocean waves. Like a siren resting on the surface of a rock and singing across the water to lure in sailors. It has a healing spirit and sounds hopeful, optimistic,  it’s filled with light and life. 

Edited by fishtails
Placed in spoilers

faSE.gif

I just can't believe how great Ocean Blvd is. The first verse is so beautiful with the strings, then the soothing chorus, then the second verse is so different to the first like it could work as a bridge... then the actual bridge of my god, the Harry Nilsson part has to be one of her most epic references. And then the final chorus and outro :trisha: It's SO dynamic despite the rather regular structure. Also her voice sounds incredible, not too low, not too high, very emotional.

18 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

What has happened in the last 24 hours? Seriously. The album partly leaking, Lana getting her flowers but then YouTube fucking up the audio and video sending us all into a frenzy, Jared finally seeing the light, and lilac heaven leaving? 

March Madness has begun. 22 days! :die:

i'm excited and terrified

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Let me remind you of your own cries about the album. Or did you forget you wrote this? All love my dear. 

On 1/8/2023 at 5:43 PM,  Jared said: 

The production on NFR was beautiful and elegant and it didn't sound like your typical background music to YouTube shorts or Instagram reels. Meanwhile, at least half of this new album is going to be samples Lana found while browsing random YouTube background musicplaylists. Good luck to Jack trying to make this work! 

Meh, my paranoid random ramblings. That's nothing. You have literally posted one of the worst takes of all time!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952b389aae5382916d3ca

3 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

who is rosemead btw i feel like i know them but i forgot about them lmao someone remind me pls

The cat in the wig who first rose to fame when he spilled tea about A&W in advance

7 minutes ago, marryingkind said:

it’s not tiktok’s fault.

in the past people would say that the issue is on the radios too bc it shaped and shifted music– and television too.

the issue is the whole music industry and commodification of art like it’s just an object to be consumed (like you do with clothes, make-up, food etc)

tiktok just shows us that, but it’s not “their” fault– it’s just an app that works in the same way that the music *industry* (which is a really important word in here) works.

it’s sad and fucked up

Totally agree — TikTok shows you what you respond to. My whole algorithm is music related and I’ve found artists I love through TikTok that don’t fit the mold people are talking about. Yes it blasts certain (shitty) songs but at the end of the day it reflects the users preference. The commodification of music in general is causing the quality issue. 

10 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

who is rosemead btw i feel like i know them but i forgot about them lmao someone remind me pls

cat in pink wig spilling insider information ab the album:rip:

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

7 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

The funny thing is: Lana is one of a few artists, if not - the only artist who has 2 or 3 different songs going viral on tiktok every damn month for the last 2 years.

Lana is pretty commercial tbh (love her tho)

but we shouldn’t fall for the narrative that she’s alternative and a underdog bc she is not

3 hours ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

It's her darkest, most innovative, existential, and saddest song to date. Piano based with strings. Truly is a stream of consciousness track, she unearths so much about her past, and unveils so much about herself and her family. Poetry set to music. I think it's breathtaking. I love Blue Banisters, so I'm not sure if anything I can say will convince you, but if you hate that song, you might not like Fingertips. It's way more dense and unconventional .

it sounds amazing, i love blue banisters and her more poetic work despite what most people think about it. super excited to hear this album