Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

On 3/1/2023 at 5:52 PM, Poor Stacy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I transcribed the lyrics to Fingertips. Haven't caught up so idk if anyone else did. They're probably not 100% correct, but close:

When I look back

Tracing fingertips

Over plastic bags

Thinking I wish I could extrapolate

Some small intention

Or maybe just get your attention

For a minute or two

Will I die?

Or will I get to that ten year mark

Where I beat the extinction

Of telomeres 

And if I do, will you be there with me?
Father, sister, brother

Charlie, stop smoking

Caroline, will you be with me?

Will the baby be alright?

Will I have one of mine?

Can I handle it

Even if I do?

You said that I might

It’s not fair, or so they said

To carry a child

I guess I’ll be fine…

It wasn’t my idea

The cocktail of things

That twist neurons inside

But without them

I’d die

They say there’s irony in the music

It’s a tragedy, I

See nothing Greek in it

Give me a mausoleum
In Rhode Island
With dad, Grandma, Grandpa, and Dave

Who hung himself real high

In the National Park sky

It’s a shame

And I’m crying right now

To get to you, save you

If I take my life

Find your astral body

Put it into my eyes

Give you two seconds to cry

Take you home, I

I’ll give you a blanket

Your spirit can sit and watch TV by my side

‘Cause baby, I

Ran through a time when I felt you were doing it
I couldn’t handle it
I was in Monaco
I couldn’t hear what they said on the telephone
I had to sing for the Prince in two hours
Sat in the shower

Gave myself two seconds to cry
It’s a shame that we die

When I was 15, naked

Next door neighbors did a drive-by
Pulled me up by my waist
Long hair, to the beach side

I wanted to go out like you…

Swim with the fishes
That he caught on Rhode Island beaches
But sometimes it’s just not your time

Caroline…
What kind of mother was she to say
I’d end up in institutions?

All I wanted to do was kiss Aaron Green

And sit by the lake

Twisting lime into the drinks

That they made

Have a babe at 16

The town I was born in and die

Aaron ended up dead and not me

What the fuck’s wrong in your head

To send me away never to come back

Exotic places and people

To take the place of being your child?

I give myself two seconds to cry

Let it crash over me

Like the waves in the sea

Call me Aphrodite

As they bow down to me

Sunbather, moon chaser

Queen of empathy

I give myself two seconds to breathe

And go back to being a serene queen

I just needed two seconds to be me

Spoiler

Ugh so I went down such a rabbit hole dissecting the lyrics of this song since it’s so revealing and offers so much insight into Lana’s past:

1.) Her Uncle Dave died on July 21, 2016 while rock climbing in the Rocky Mountains (a U.S. National park), which is in Colorado. Lana was in Monaco during this time and even did exclusive shows for rich ppl (Leonardo DiCaprio). Dave liked to go fishing in Rhode Island where he spent time in. This also explains why in The Grants, she references “Rocky Mountain High” by John Denver, a song that is Colorado’s “unofficial official” state song. This makes The Grants also about her Uncle.  So when he passed, she was on tour during that time, and it’s heartbreaking to see photos of her during that week, since she’s still playing up being the “serene queen” and smiling for everyone, when obviously this death meant a great deal to her. I wonder if she even got to go to the funeral being on tour and all during that time.

2.) Aaron Greene was potentially an old bf of Lana’s when she was a teen. He tragically passed away in 2007 in a car accident.

3.)  I believe the lyrics regarding the neighbors and the “drive-by”, really is talking about how the neighbors drove by the beach and found Lana in the water drowning and pulled her out the water, potentially her revealing that this may have been in fact, a suicide attempt. (Just a theory though). If it was a suicide attempt, it really reveals why the ocean and blue carry such heavy meaning in her music.

4.) and of course, she references her mother in an unpleasant way, with anger for how she sent Lana off to boarding school instead of actually bothering to interact with whatever Lana was going through head on. Instead having someone else take the responsibility, and possibly trying to send her off to an institution? This is familiar to WW lyrics, “with lithium came poetry”. We know poetry was something Lana became aware of from her high school English teacher. 

anyways I’m shocked by how open Lana is being on this song and it really seems like this will be the first album where no one will question if it’s all just a persona….this is Lizzy..returning to Lake Placid going headfirst to her demons….

4 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Definitely. 

I've only listened to The Grants and Sweet (and have them on my phone). That way — since they're track 1 and 2, respectively —, you can listen to the first 4 tracks from the album back to back and in the intended order.

That’s ideal, I did the same except I also listened to Fingertips. Fingertips makes it not in order, but it was good quality and one of the earlier leaked tracks. I held my ground for about 20 minutes after the first leak was announced here and then I caved :bebe: However, that was more than enough to tide me over so I’m waiting. I’m occasionally looking at other’s opinions and insights regarding the other tracks I haven’t heard yet :nails: Plus my memory is terrible so most things just go over my head. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

10 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Imagine when they come after her ass for a song called  'Kintsugi' because of "Japanese cultural appropriation" then what? :smokes3:

Exactly. And they will. As if individuals from all cultures and backgrounds don’t share in and enjoy the products of multiple cultures, both those physically near and physically far away. Poems, novels, translations, biographies, songs, television programs, movies, inventions, hard knowledge, architecture, words, slang, religions, concepts, general knowledge, foods, holidays…

10 hours ago, DidYouKnowImANFRStan said:

I am Latino and I am 100% convinced that literally no one here would be offended by TT X VB, I don't see the problem anyway, surely the only offended are haters with nothing to do

A-men, and poor (not economically poor) purely stupid people. 

13 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

lmaoo not these fake woke ass people who dont have anything else to do so they have to focus on a woman's accent meanwhile there are literally other things to care about in the world.

and that person who wrote "her wearing a mesh mask tell me everything i need to know abt her as a person..." girl shut the fuck up u dont know shit :willcut:

LOL that there are latin people in there being like "we celebrate it!" and are getting downvoted. Like excuse us, we're trying to be offended on your behalf!

15 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

3.)  I believe the lyrics regarding the neighbors and the “drive-by”, really is talking about how the neighbors drove by the beach and found Lana in the water drowning and pulled her out the water, potentially her revealing that this was in fact a suicide attempt. (Just a theory though). If it was a suicide attempt, it really reveals while the ocean and blue carry such heavy meaning in her music.

Spoiler

if this theory is correct then that just makes Out With A Bang even more depressing, and I believe it is because it makes a hell of a lot more sense than the SA theory :oprah2: (i feel really weird calling these "theories" but i dont know what else to call these analyses) 

😋🫶🏼

2 minutes ago, DidYouKnowImANFRStan said:

Can someone who has listened to the leaks tell me if Lana takes up the voice resource again like at the end of Ocean Blvd with "Don't Forget Me", that literally makes my hair stand on end every time I hear it and I would like to hear it again with another song

Spoiler

yes - the start of the grants has what sounds like the same singer to me

FzytWEW.png

3 minutes ago, DidYouKnowImANFRStan said:

Can someone who has listened to the leaks tell me if Lana takes up the voice resource again like at the end of Ocean Blvd with "Don't Forget Me", that literally makes my hair stand on end every time I hear it and I would like to hear it again with another song

Spoiler

yeah The Grants has the same backing vocalists, even more prominent, and the last minute or so really swells in a similar way, even more intensely. It's really one of her best songs ever tbhhhhh.

3 minutes ago, DidYouKnowImANFRStan said:

Spoiler

I would say so with The Grants

😋🫶🏼

8 minutes ago, guns and roses said:

Hide contents

if this theory is correct then that just makes Out With A Bang even more depressing, and I believe it is because it makes a hell of a lot more sense than the SA theory :oprah2: (i feel really weird calling these "theories" but i dont know what else to call these analyses) 

Spoiler

Yeah the SA theory made no sense to me. Especially within the context of the lyrics. It sounds like she was being saved by her neighbors from almost drowning. But what I’m not sure if it was accidental or intentional….

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I asked earlier and I might’ve missed it  but 

Hide contents

how does taco truck incorporate VB ?

Spoiler

it hasnt leaked yet but were assuming a beat or sumn like with A&W sampling NFR. at least i expect this

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

Shut up, are you serious?? I haven't listened to any of the leaks, but not Lana teasing the lyrics to TT x VB to MEEEE a year ago?? x

Reveal hidden contents

52722769854_8abc7f808b.jpg

wow.. she spoiled sm things that went over our heads

1 hour ago, Soso said:

TT x VB lyrics so far

Reveal hidden contents

That's why they call me Lanita

When I get down I'm bonita

Don't come find me in Reseda

I'll go crazy

Take my gold chains says Lanita

When I'm violent it's Carlito's Way